Leech glitch - campfire doesn't remove them?

FlagrantVagrant

I do know and have experienced leeches on me and to burn them off with a campfire.  However, I was riding my Therizinosaur through a swamp, got a leech on me, jumped off, built a campfire, jump in said campfire until half health and it still didn't come off.  The only work around was to exit the game and start it back up, in which case it was gone.  Is this a known issue?  Is it specific to just riding something when it happens, and how the heck does a leech jump that high?  Or does the game think the leech is on the tame but sticks to me?

Not a game breaker, but annoying to have to exit and start up again.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

I do know and have experienced leeches on me and to burn them off with a campfire.  However, I was riding my Therizinosaur through a swamp, got a leech on me, jumped off, built a campfire, jump in said campfire until half health and it still didn't come off.  The only work around was to exit the game and start it back up, in which case it was gone.  Is this a known issue?  Is it specific to just riding something when it happens, and how the heck does a leech jump that high?  Or does the game think the leech is on the tame but sticks to me?

Not a game breaker, but annoying to have to exit and start up again.

Hold E on your theriz and remove the leech. It is on it, not on you although you see it in your screen because you were riding it at the time.

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Hold E on your theriz and remove the leech. It is on it, not on you although you see it in your screen because you were riding it at the time.

I have removed them from the tame that way when I jumped off I saw the indicator in the upper right corner that the tame had one, but there was still a leech on my character when I jumped off.  Hitting E while on the tame would have dismounted me anyway and the leech is still in the center of my screen.

Maybe i didn't explain myself right the first time.

Archived