S+ building question, red indicator vs green indicator

FlagrantVagrant

S+ building question, red indicator vs green indicator

Not sure if it's an issue to post questions about this here, since it's about a mod, but it requires pictures to explain.  I'm not sure this is a mod issue or just a building game issue, maybe having to do with map design and the ground.  No clue.  maybe someone has a better idea as to why I can build in one place but not right next to it.  Thanks.

splusfence01.thumb.jpg.38a11c1e8505e382633d623b99e613c1.jpg

4 minutes ago, GP said:

Are you building in a spot near where a supply drop comes down, or near an obelisk?

Not near an obelisk.

It's on The Island map, around 70lat 33lon, on flat area overlooking the swamp and the redwoods.  I have never seen a drop there, though there are drops to the east of that position, but they are quite the distance away.

I play Single player- local/host setup.  I did a 'cheat ghost' and there was nothing under the ground to interfere with building.

Is there anyway to see if drops happen there, some command that indicates where drops are located?

• Volunteer Moderator

You can look at this map, although doesn't look like any supply drops, but possibly explorer notes.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(The_Island)

You could also try putting this in your GameUserSettings.ini file under [ServerSettings].

PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true

Then go back into the game and see if it helps.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

The setting made no difference.  If i remove the supports, i can place a foundation anywhere in the same area.  I"m just trying to avoid having to deal with foundations for a fence if I can, and since the ground is uneven I'd rather use the fence supports vs the fence foundation.

Then in that case I only have one more suggestion.

Assuming, as you are using S+ that you have no foundation support required set as true? If so that will mean you can have a wall hanging there attached to the next wall.

So I would suggest trying this:

Place a ceiling on the end wall you have now, then place a ceiling next to that so that it covers the area you are trying to put the fence support, then put a wall underneath. Then remove the ceilings. That will hopefully resolve that issue, and maybe keep doing that until you can place fence supports again?

13 hours ago, GP said:

Then in that case I only have one more suggestion.

Assuming, as you are using S+ that you have no foundation support required set as true? If so that will mean you can have a wall hanging there attached to the next wall.

So I would suggest trying this:

Place a ceiling on the end wall you have now, then place a ceiling next to that so that it covers the area you are trying to put the fence support, then put a wall underneath. Then remove the ceilings. That will hopefully resolve that issue, and maybe keep doing that until you can place fence supports again?

I'm using S+ as it is and have made no intentional changes other than your suggestion from earlier.

I tried your method, and while i was able to put down a subsequent wall, i was unable to attach a support to that wall.  Any manner and means of attaching walls, pillars and foundations didn't result in anything useful.

So i decided to let S+ fate do what it wants and built part of a wall based on what S+ fence foundations would allow in this ridiculous situation, as you can see in the attached image.  Every nonsensical angle is the only one of a couple of choice angles at that point.

I was hoping to avoid building the entire thing upon a foundation, but it looks like that is my only option since S+ is not playing nice with the terrain.

The red line indicates the starting wall.

CRAZYWALL.jpg

Archived