-crossplay EPIC can't join and only Steam can join

@CountRoton @Tsudico

Is that also the solution used for letting other Epic Games players in your server? I have been assigning my server the basic local IP. Joining through singleplayer with it. But a friend from the outside on another network cant connect. Applying the above mentioned by you guys might be the thing to fix that?

I have tried this, and it immediately gives me a server password error (empty password).  I tried both the 7777 port (which gives the error) as well as my query port (27500 in this case) which eventually times out.  Not having a password is not really an option for me as I don't want to have to open the server up, let a valid person connect, get their game ID, add it to the valid list and reset the server every time one my friends (or their friends, or their friends' friend etc.) decide they want to run around on my server.

Edit - Yes, the password is just letters and numbers, no spaces.

10 minutes ago, CountRoton said:

I have tried this, and it immediately gives me a server password error (empty password).  I tried both the 7777 port (which gives the error) as well as my query port (27500 in this case) which eventually times out.  Not having a password is not really an option for me as I don't want to have to open the server up, let a valid person connect, get their game ID, add it to the valid list and reset the server every time one my friends (or their friends, or their friends' friend etc.) decide they want to run around on my server.

Edit - Yes, the password is just letters and numbers, no spaces.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain...Since I use ASM (Ark Server Manager), I just created a dummy server that I can start up when I want to get a person's info and they are ready to log in. I don't usually keep that server running otherwise. Once I have their ID, I copy it to the Exclusive Join for the live server. It's definitely not ideal and I hope the whole thing with passwords and Multihome is fixed soon.

12 minutes ago, Tsudico said:

I just created a dummy server that I can start up when I want to get a person's info and they are ready to log in.

Brilliant! LOL ?

Hopefully the game developers can make the MultiHome play nice with the client.  

@Bianconeri - What worked for me was setting the "Local IP" setting in ASM to "let program decide" which appears to just remove the "-MultiHome" parameter from the command line.   This makes it so Epic clients outside my LAN can connect, but makes it so I cannot connect from my own local area network (with Steam or Epic client).  Once I set the "-MultiHome=<local ip value>" parameter then Steam clients can connect from WAN/LAN but Epic clients may only connect from the LAN.  Does that clarify?

18 minutes ago, CountRoton said:

@Bianconeri - What worked for me was setting the "Local IP" setting in ASM to "let program decide" which appears to just remove the "-MultiHome" parameter from the command line.   This makes it so Epic clients outside my LAN can connect, but makes it so I cannot connect from my own local area network (with Steam or Epic client).  Once I set the "-MultiHome=<local ip value>" parameter then Steam clients can connect from WAN/LAN but Epic clients may only connect from the LAN.  Does that clarify?

I think so yes. 

I dont know the multihome thing, didnt look into that. But what i get is that you basically block out other IP's for some reason. By choosing the ''let program decide'' you allow people from outside the servers IP enter the server. Which should allow my friend to enter. 

Which will cause me not to be able to join anymore through my own local network. But for that i will need to use the basic singleplayer open ip port way to enter the server as a pass (which i need to enter the server anyway).

Bit odd as the solution for making the Epic Games version work was setting it stable to the same IP. But if this works then fine. Especially if its that simple by logging in through your singleplayer file. As you need to do that most of the times anyway. I hope i understand this correctly and i will try it tomorrow (late here).

If your server doesn't have a password you can use the "open ip:port" command that @Tsudico posted earlier.  If you do have a server password... well, welcome to my boat ;)

Also, it is worth nothing that the "dummy server" solution @Tsudico suggested is problematic as you cannot edit the whitelist while the server is running, so you'd still have to stop your main server, add the new user to the whitelist and then restart the server.   You might just as well stop the main server, turn off whitelisting, start it, let the user connect, get their id, stop the server, add 'em to the whitelist and restart.   

It would be much simpler if they'd just fix the -MultiHome setting or add a password parameter to the console open command :D

2 hours ago, CountRoton said:

Also, it is worth nothing that the "dummy server" solution @Tsudico suggested is problematic as you cannot edit the whitelist while the server is running, so you'd still have to stop your main server, add the new user to the whitelist and then restart the server.   You might just as well stop the main server, turn off whitelisting, start it, let the user connect, get their id, stop the server, add 'em to the whitelist and restart.   

It would be much simpler if they'd just fix the -MultiHome setting or add a password parameter to the console open command :D

If on Windows 10, then ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PlayersExclusiveJoinList.txt appears to be the file the server accesses. It only appears to load it on server start, however it looks like others may have a solution to that using the Ark Server API and the ExclusiveJoin plugin to reload the list on a regular basis. Whether you want to go to that extent until there is a working password and Multihome system is up to you.

17 hours ago, CountRoton said:

So i just changed my server. Instead of both -crossplay and -epiconly (which is double but was mentioned as solution so yeah) i now only got -crossplay.

I changed it to let server choose (ip). And i added -multihome. If i understand correctly i do not need to put in the -multihome=<local ip> when it is just Epic clients connecting? Then -multihome is sufficient. I cant test that right now as he isnt home atm 

And the setting multihome to false and all other things also dont really comply as i dont have anything to do with Steam nor a password.

Tho in other topic you said -multihome makes Epic clients not able to connect? While if i read it correctly here on this way even with -multihome they should be able to connect.

Archived