-crossplay EPIC can't join and only Steam can join

-crossplay EPIC can't join and only Steam can join

I've already open -crossplay in my server. But before update 311.99 EPIC and Steam can play together but now when I got update EPIC can't join my server and only steam can join while -crossplay is working 

(On EPIC)

Join failed
Connection timeout

In spite of before that update epic and steam can play together before

20 hours ago, Volkove said:

I have 2 users on Epic version that are having the same problem after the update. I have tried everything I could find to fix it but nothing has worked. All Steam users can join just fine and Epic users on the LAN with the server can also join without problems. Remote Epic users cant join.

How to fix it matk to Epic can join

I see other server in unofficial in used the same program (ARK Server Manager) but thier player can join and play but for me . . . have tried every way to fix it (change port , change router , forward new port , chang ip , reinstall program , reset world , create new world , turn off firewall and many way but what ? nothing has worked)

I very tired right now to fix this. I have tried for 5 day right now and update everything but the result like that

it is very bad problem

bump, same issue still persistent across all my dedicated unofficial servers.

Server IP: 80.249.0.43:7777

@StudioWildcard @Cedric please attend.

Issues:

• Only steam clients can connect, epic's can see the server but receive a connection timeout error upon joining. I can confirm the packets for those clients are reaching the server.

Troubleshooting Completed

• Variations of -crossplay and -epiconly.
  • Verified the files, emptied the mods folder
  • Updated to the latest 311.302
  • Ran updates on Epic Store and verified
  • All firewall ports are open and forwarding enabled
  • I have confirmed this by port scanner and viewed client packets hitting the server using wireshark. I have a ubiquiti firewall so I can see packets passing through port 7777 also.

When did this occur?

Previous to to this update everything was working sweet.

11 minutes ago, Hypn said:

bump, same issue still persistent across all my dedicated unofficial servers.

Server IP: 80.249.0.43:7777

@StudioWildcard @Cedric please attend.

Issues:

• Only steam clients can connect, epic's can see the server but receive a connection timeout error upon joining. I can confirm the packets for those clients are reaching the server.

Troubleshooting Completed

• Variations of -crossplay and -epiconly.
  • Verified the files, emptied the mods folder
  • Updated to the latest 311.302
  • Ran updates on Epic Store and verified
  • All firewall ports are open and forwarding enabled
  • I have confirmed this by port scanner and viewed client packets hitting the server using wireshark. I have a ubiquiti firewall so I can see packets passing through port 7777 also.

When did this occur?

Previous to to this update everything was working sweet.

I tried it but couldn't do it. IN the WAN can JOIN by EPIC LAN can join 
throughout [183.88.216.3:7910 or {ARK ORI TH}] What should i do. (;T - T;) **only steam can join

Same issue here. I am an Steam user who is hosting an unofficial server for my Epic Only Friends. Everything was fine until 311.99. After that update my friends couldn't join and would always get the "Connect Timed Out" message. This is kinda annoying because. We just want to play when there is an pandemic going on in the world and we have nothing to do.

One of my players that was on Epic Store version of the game bought the game on Steam and can join with no issue. This is 100% an issue with the Epic version. The exact same computer can connect with steam and not epic. So there is no server, port, isp, or any other issue besides the platform the game is installed from. Wildcard, please fix the Epic Store version of the game. The same user was able to connect prior to 311.99-311.111 (June 16th updates) but not after updating.

Again, this problem has nothing to do with connection in any way, nothing to do with the server, nothing to do with settings. The exact same user can connect with 1 platform and not the other.

I don't seem to be having difficulty using -crossplay and having Epic players able to log into my server so I have a couple questions that might narrow down where the issue is.

1. Does your server use a password?
  2. Does your server use Multihome?

For my own server, we don't use a password but instead use Exclusive Join and do not use Multihome because I had issues with Epic users having issues connecting from outside the LAN with Multihome enabled.

7 hours ago, Tsudico said:

I don't seem to be having difficulty using -crossplay and having Epic players able to log into my server so I have a couple questions that might narrow down where the issue is.

For my own server, we don't use a password but instead use Exclusive Join and do not use Multihome because I had issues with Epic users having issues connecting from outside the LAN with Multihome enabled.

Yes to both, but I have tried removing the password completely and that didnt change anything. I'm going to spin up a server not using multihome and test.

Edit: started up a server with all default settings + -crossplay (no password or multihome) and epic games players are able to join. So it is something to do with multihome.

40 minutes ago, Neazan said:

Hi @CountRoton When you say "multihome"  what you mean? Im using ASM.

Thanks you.

Multihome sets the network interface address for the dedicated server, if you're going to connect to it locally as well as from the "wan" side you need this setting.  In ASM it's the "Local IP" box under Administration.  I don't think it matters, but I did try this with both settings (let server pick and picking a specific local IP).

On 6/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Tsudico said:

How do you add Epic users to the Exclusive Join list? It looks like you can only add Steam64 IDs.

Epic still has some problems. 

I have finally managed to get my own server working through ASM for the Epic Games version. Only for the Islands map. No other map. Not using password or anything odd.

Problem: Someone else joining my server with the Epic Games version. He gets the connection timed out issue (coming from singleplayer the open ip). 

1 hour ago, Smfwic said:

How do you add Epic users to the Exclusive Join list? It looks like you can only add Steam64 IDs.

When I was testing, I did try adding both the user's Steam64 ID as well as the Epic "Account ID" that can be found on your account info page to all of the join boxes and it didn't help the issue any.   Steam clients could still connect, Epic clients time out.

2 hours ago, Smfwic said:

27 minutes ago, CountRoton said:

When I was testing, I did try adding both the user's Steam64 ID as well as the Epic "Account ID" that can be found on your account info page to all of the join boxes and it didn't help the issue any.   Steam clients could still connect, Epic clients time out.

The easiest way is to use ASM. You can open the RCON Window and right click on players on the list to the right side of the window to "Copy ID". Those IDs are what works with Exclusive join, not the Epic account ID, not the "Copy Player ID" button.

If you don't use ASM, then it is a bit of a hassle but can still be done. You have to look in the server's Saved\SavedArks sub directory for the player associated with a 19 digit number file. The easiest way to find who the player is would be to open the file in notepad (be very careful not to save) and CTRL-F for PlayerName or bFirstSpawned. The player name comes after PlayerName and StrProperty but before bFirstSpawned. If the player name is who you want...congrats, the 19 digit number is the player ID for that player.

Just now, Smfwic said:

I have no idea what ASM is.

ArkServerManager

5 minutes ago, Tsudico said:

The easiest way is to use ASM. You can open the RCON Window and right click on players on the list to the right side of the window to "Copy ID". Those IDs are what works with Exclusive join, not the Epic account ID, not the "Copy Player ID" button.

Would this also help if you dont use exclusivejoin? As i have a friend that cant join my server. Or shouldnt that matter if you dont have that exclusivejoin enabled?

2 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

ArkServerManager

Would this also help if you dont use exclusivejoin? As i have a friend that cant join my server. Or shouldnt that matter if you dont have that exclusivejoin enabled?

Exclusive join just prevents people not in the list from joining...if you aren't using exclusive join then it isn't affecting whether your friend can log in or not.

31 minutes ago, Tsudico said:

If you don't use ASM, then it is a bit of a hassle but can still be done. You have to look in the server's Saved\SavedArks sub directory for the player associated with a 19 digit number file. The easiest way to find who the player is would be to open the file in notepad (be very careful not to save) and CTRL-F for PlayerName or bFirstSpawned. The player name comes after PlayerName and StrProperty but before bFirstSpawned. If the player name is who you want...congrats, the 19 digit number is the player ID for that player.

That'd be great if they could connect to the server in the first place, which they cannot.  

I am using ASM (Ark Server Manager).  I changed the "Local IP" setting from specific to "let program decide" (this controls the -MultiHome command line parameter)  and now Epic players can connect from the WAN side, but I can no longer connect from the local intranet (which is the expected behavior).  So, any suggestions on how to fix that specific problem?

3 minutes ago, CountRoton said:

That'd be great if they could connect to the server in the first place, which they cannot.  

I am using ASM (Ark Server Manager).  I changed the "Local IP" setting from specific to "let program decide" (this controls the -MultiHome command line parameter)  and now Epic players can connect from the WAN side, but I can no longer connect from the local intranet (which is the expected behavior).  So, any suggestions on how to fix that specific problem?

Currently, the workaround seem to be having local LAN players do the following:

1. Log into a single player game
  2. Open the console by pressing 'Tab'
  3. Type:
    open <IP>:<PORT> <PASSWORD>

<IP> is the local IP address of the server (i.e. 192.168.1.xx), not the public IP address of the LAN. <PORT> usually is 7777 unless you changed it in ASM. And while I have had success once with having a password set and being on Epic...I haven't had much luck since while doing the above command (but it should be noted that the password should not contain spaces because it might not function properly with the command if it functions at all).

4. Hit enter and log into the server.

*Note: Once you do this, as long as the local IP address doesn't change you can hit 'Tab' and 'Up Arrow' to get the last command which should be the open command with IP.

Archived