Make pve more challenging

JJacky

Suggestion

Make pve more challenging

In its current state, once you are walled in stone and established, pve becomes trivial and boring. Hostile dinos are minding their own business and can't harm you in any way. This is hardly survival in my book.

Suggestions:

1. Wild dino AI should be improved. Thylas and deinos climbing over walls, purlovias tunneling under walls to get to your helpless dinos. Some dinos could stalk for prey so they find a hiding spot near yourbase and await for an opportunity. Purlovias and thylas currently spawn in random locations and are just minding their own until you get really close.

2. Increase general aggro range and keep aggro longer. Dinos should be able to smell you miles away and chase you down becaise you are their meal.

3. Occasionally spawn a pack of hostile dinos with the intention of assaulting your base. This could be a special event like a blood moon that boosts their damage against structures and allows them to damage stone and even metal (the damage should be minimal but enough to break in eventually if nothing is done about them). 

I play mostly pvp now because pve isn't challenging anymore. Breeding and collecting dinos is fun for a while but it eventually gets boring. 

Thoughts?

5 replies to this server topic

Yes, please. I have a ton of single player dinos mainly for base defense and spike walls, but honestly I'll never need any of that. All you need is one decently strong tame (high-level carno/trike or pretty much any level rex) and your safe from anything but a very high level rex or giga, both of which aren't found near most popular base locations. All my defenses will never be used unless a stray dilo/raptor/carno finds their way in, and even then it won't be an epic fight, just a big charge, and bam, no more predator.

23 hours ago, JJacky said:

Increase general aggro range and keep aggro longer. Dinos should be able to smell you miles away and chase you down becaise you are their meal.

Especially this. Kiting any aggressive creature is a nighmare, sice they just attack the closest thing. Real predators pick one target and chase it down.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, Thyme said:

I'd like to see some more difficulty, but aggro range maybe not. Having to deal with every raptor and argent in a 10 mile radius would just get annoying.

I would like more things like the ods on extinction that have different dino restrictions, so theres reason to breed and fight with smaller dinos. Bosses should also drop some loot, as they currently have little replayability when element veins exist.

Agreed.  Like being in the ocean and having to kill every sea creature because it aggros on your mosa (why would an angler every want to do that).

I would like to see wild rexes and other carnivores be tougher(and maybe a bit fewer), but also don't kill everything in the area all the time.   If they eat, they don't kill the next thing they see for a while(time based or maybe hunger based).  You time moving through their area based on watching them and picking your moment.

Also, stealth, concealment, and maybe scent cover could be a thing; apply a little strategy to being in the wild.

I'd like to see some more difficulty, but aggro range maybe not. Having to deal with every raptor and argent in a 10 mile radius would just get annoying.

I would like more things like the ods on extinction that have different dino restrictions, so theres reason to breed and fight with smaller dinos. Bosses should also drop some loot, as they currently have little replayability when element veins exist.

Archived