Where can I find red crates on CI?

zombiebm

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, zombiebm said:

Where can I find red crates on CI?

I've been farming crates in the underwater caves under the snow biome, but those are only blue and yellow. Does anyone know where I can find red crates on CI?

Here are some of the coords I found so far:

• Underwater:
    13 31
    14 20
    49 14
    15 26
    41 16
    40 19
    37 19
    21 16
    32 76
    75 14
    24 14

• On the Snow Mountain:
    24 78 (can spawn on top, or inside the rock)
    24 67 

25 66 (broken, spawn in the mesh)
    26 72 (broken, spawn in the mesh)

They all randomly spawn blue, yellow, red, either regular caves or sea variants.

Thank you invincibleqc, I'll check those spots out. 

I've see a few in the shallow waters in the white shoals also. 73, 21 was one but i didn't think to write down the others. 

If you haven't done the underwater cave in the snow biome, check it out. It's only blue and yellow crates but i have a full set of asc flak and 300+ weapon bps from there. 20, 40 is one of the three entrances. I take a dolphin for speed because the cave is so large and a basi to throw out when i need it for the eels and jellyfish. The crates in there respawn faster than you can farm them and are all in the center of the floor in plain view. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, zombiebm said:

If you haven't done the underwater cave in the snow biome, check it out. It's only blue and yellow crates but i have a full set of asc flak and 300+ weapon bps from there. 20, 40 is one of the three entrances. I take a dolphin for speed because the cave is so large and a basi to throw out when i need it for the eels and jellyfish. The crates in there respawn faster than you can farm them and are all in the center of the floor in plain view.

Interesting, thanks for the info! ?

18 hours ago, dv8ndie said:

I found a Cave with a Red Cave Drop in a ravine in the Redwoods.  i was not able to open it to see what the loot is, as I am not up to level on that server.  Spiders, Titanoboa, and Arths in the Cave.  About 33 27.2

I'll check that out, thanks.

As a follow up to the underwater cave. I went and tamed a liopleurodon to try to get better loot out of the blue/yellow crates there and the quality of the loot went down. I think those crates are like other things on crystal isles where they're not the same object as the rest of the maps. The high density moss covered metal nodes in the white shoals don't show up on the resource map for example. I think these crates are the same thing. It's a blue crate skin but better than blue crate loot, they mostly ascendant. I may just need to keep farming them to find a Rex saddle. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 6:43 AM, zombiebm said:

Thank you invincibleqc, I'll check those spots out. 

I've see a few in the shallow waters in the white shoals also. 73, 21 was one but i didn't think to write down the others. 

is there any ground out of water in there? Place where I can stand and consume food, drinks etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:31 PM, invincibleqc said:

Here are some of the coords I found so far:

• Underwater:

13 31
    14 20
    49 14
    15 26
    41 16
    40 19
    37 19
    21 16
    32 76
    75 14
    24 14

• On the Snow Mountain:

24 78 (can spawn on top, or inside the rock)
    24 67 

25 66 (broken, spawn in the mesh)
    26 72 (broken, spawn in the mesh)

They all randomly spawn blue, yellow, red, either regular caves or sea variants.

Dudes not even close

• 3 weeks later...

OP is 100% wrong, the submerged cave under the northern snow biome most certainly does spawn red crates. I have been farming this cave for weeks now, and have a vacuum compartment base right outside of it now.

crates down there spawn in all colors, but you won't be able to tell unless you're wearing a scuba mask. without the mask, red crates appear essentially colorless (just the mute grey of the actual crate itself), yellow crates appear green. the color of the loot crate becomes visible for a split second immediately after emptying the crate as it disappears, regardless of if you're wearing the mask or not.

I have found rex, giga, and squid saddles prefabbed and as bps over 300 armor. I have found fab pistols, ARs, fab snipers, comp bows, pump shotguns, swords, and in one case even a longneck rifle ranging anywhere from 300 to over 700 percent damage, both prefabbed and as bps. all of which came from the underwater cave. squid is by far the easiest way to get around down there as you cannot be dismounted from it by eels or jellies. with a good saddle on it, the squid quite simply owns the entire ocean. you can also use C attack whenever off cooldown to get a 7-second move speed buff. a high melee stat on the squid will also allow you to farm anglergel, bio toxin, black pearls, ammonite bile, and copious amounts of chitin, not to mention XP. i pumped my imprinted squid's move speed to 250% and it outruns outswims everything down there no problem (while not close to as fast as a move speed-pumped ichthy, the tradeoff in durability invulnerability is well worth it imo). also consider mindwiping for a high oxygen character, as this will help your mobility down there exponentially. And your oxygen meter at around 900 will last about 25-35% as long as a prim scuba tank (this is based on my estimation, no hard calculations), which means you can keep your tank on your mount and only use it to refill your oxygen meter when needed for drastically increased time spent down there without needing to surface. in this particular cave there are no spots above water, so make sure you go in with a full food meter. however, close to the back of the cave (at a T-intersection) the right path will take you down a dead end where there is an absolutely obscene amount of oil, and no enemy spawns. setting up a base here can give you a spot to recover food or oxygen as well as stash some of your loot, in addition to giving access to a literal infinite supply of oil.

I have pulled enough loot from this cave to fill several vaults to capacity, some items obviously better than others.

This cave is, without any doubt, the best loot farm on this map.

Do be careful, though, because at the very back of the cave it is possible for up to 3 large creatures to spawn at a time, as i have encountered plesies, mosas, and alpha mosas in that last room, sometimes all at once. However, the mosas seem to have a "disengage depth" that is deeper than the plesies, and it is possible to keep any mosa that spawns in there from aggroing on you if you swim up at the top of the cave. plesies seem to need to go a little bit higher before they disengage, though there are still spots throughout the cave where this is possible to do (the oil area i mentioned before is one such spot). So on top of all of that, taking a squid down there can be a surefire way to tame both plesies and mosas without ever being in any real danger. as long as you have high oxygen and a good scuba tank (i would say at least 300 dura), you can just grab the thing, swim to a spot where it's not attacking you (yes, you can move while you have something grabbed), and then just fart around for 20-30 minutes while the squid does literally all the work. and since you've undoubtedly acquired large amounts of bio toxin by that point, you'll have more than enough time to go anywhere you need to go to find raw prime.

This is how you subvert the entire Crystal Isles map.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk on the submerged cave under the northern snow biome on Crystal Isles.

Archived