U seriously messed it up again?

WienerSchnitzel

U seriously messed it up again?

I know we're already Kind used to Wildcard Messing Things up. But seriously, u can't Transfer Crystal wyverns? It's honestly the same bug as it is with tek Trikes, Ice Wyverns and Golems from Valguero? How the hell do u guys mess Things up over and over again? This is a Major bug that exists since Valguero is a Thing and u still haven't fixed it? What Needs to happen until u guys realize that your game is still full of Bugs, glitches, exploits and broken poop??

Like...how do u guys survive with ur Company? Imagine BMW would build cars with only 3 wheels and after 2 years they still haven't done anything without it? 

Please devs, please start to fix Bugs, either on Genesis (imo one of the most broken dlc's in this game) or on Valguero or on Crystal Isles!!

Man, I don't even know where to begin. Aside from all the specific issues relating to the map, like what you just described, or the fact that the edge of the map against the skybox looks like this:

trololo.thumb.jpg.140d60262e85bf888a74ef8d600168ce.jpg

And then there's all the EGS client troubles. They didn't try to run some kinda behind the scenes test to see what would happen when everything got turned on? Incredible.

Then there's the raw sockets thing that has raptored over every unofficial cluster. The  cluster I play on hosts a server for every map, but 3-4 of them can not be transferred or connected to in any way. You double click them in the server list and NOTHING happens, then five minutes later you get a connection time out thing. Before the server admin did some thigns to try to fix this, connecting to the Island server would redirect you to a random other map on the same cluster, so connecting to the server that said "Map: The Island" could take you to the Aberration server and so forth. That's no longer happening, but now only four maps are able to be connected to, and so the other maps have been offline all the way since the release to save peoples dinos from starving. To quote our admin from Discord "there is nothing I hate more than to say, yeah this is my server, but you can't play on it, and I don't know how to fix it."

Then there's issues like eggs maturing at different rates or somehow developing time gaps between them by up to several minutes, even though you drop them down at the same time. Whenever I get disconnected now, I get an error message saying I'm already connected to the server when  I try to reconnect. That NEVER happened before. Tell me all of these thigns doesn't have to do with the influx of new net code? The disabling of raw sockets to accomodate for EGS? These aren't the kind of problems you get from balance or QoL fixes. Something with the whole underlying system isn't working correctly.

And now it's a big flop, even EGS people are saying like "why would EGS pick suck a mess of a game for their free game?" It's been a while since release already, and everybody that's had like weekends to play on have tried but not been able to. I can't for the life of me picture people are sitting around waiting to play Ark when it doesnt' work. They'll move on to other games, and remember this. So the EGS crowd is already displeased and already the bar has been set.

To make it ultimately worse, instead of fixing all the issues they created for their long standing base of players (that actually paid for the game) by just removing or acitvating a bunch of stuff that wasn't ready, they are focusing on fixing the issues experienced by the tiny EGS crowd (that gets the game for free) to try and mitigate. They want that paid DLC cash. I mean, that's not such a bad thing in and of itself, companies need money to float, but god damnit all to hell. I so frickin wish I could see the numbers. Like how many people are on EGS clients? How much money will they draw in over the next 3 years? I get this feeling that this EGS expansion is one mega-huge flop. And once they either manage to make it playable for the EGS crowd, who knows, maybe some of these new "bugs" are gonna be permanent now. Maybe every time you get a DC you'll get a "Somebody with the same name is already playing on that server." and that it doesn't have to do with them making it be that way, they might not even know exactly why that happens, and maybe they'll never be able to fix it for as long as they insist on running the game on two launchers with crossplay. Meh. The next time I have to wait a week to play I'm probably gonna grow up and find a new hobby. That's not a threat or anything, I'm just saying, this has been such an annoying thing to experience, and I'm considering putting the game behind me for good if anything similar ever happens again. These was supposed to be exciting times. I've had a cheating girlfriend before and this is right up there as far as punches in the gut goes lol. Only half serious, but thank God I didn't take days off for the new map launch. But I know a lot of people did.

Archived