Unusual situation

Leania

Unusual situation

Okay, so I built my greenhouse, 10x10, I'm on an unofficial server and using mods and yes, I have watched several different youtube tutorials on what to do. Figured I'd get that out of the way first. So I have my greenhouse (its on the second floor, all greenhouse walls and ceilings) and I have it irrigated. To start, all plots said irrigated and 300%. We put the plots in 3 rows around (with a section out for stairs), with pathways in between leading to each section to minimize possibility of walking on the plots. All large plots. Once we planted, 2 plots on one side, and 1 on the other, dropped their percentage from 300% to 75%, 45%, and 60%. The 2 on one side are 3rd and 4th in the row, 45% and 75%, and on the opposite side, the 2nd on in the row is 60%. Clear above the greenhouse (no trees/cliffs such), and everything is symmetrical (irrigation pipes/taps and crops planted). We do have Plant Z on the inner most plots, only front 2, and if this is the issue, then wouldn't the plots on each side be suffering? I'm really confused and hope someone can shed some light on the subject. I know it's unofficial and modded, but I feel the basic concept is unchanged.

Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

What did the false ceiling do?  I’ve got a different issue...tested it on single player and it’s different on official.

I built a greenhouse on top of my barn....300% with all glass ceilings.  I decided to expand my barn up and up....built a large extension of 8 x large walls......so 32 normal walls higher.  One big square.....I put another greenhouse ceiling at the top, thinking not to block the light.....everything went to ZERO.    If I put a greenhouse ceiling 4 walls above the existing greenhouse ceiling....still 300%.....I don’t have the mats to check on official.....but there must be a limit where the new upper greenhouse ceiling is treated like thatch, wood, etc...I.e. a normal ceiling blocking out the light.  Very irritating and wasteful trying to figure this out.

If I destroyed the lower ceiling and only had the one higher greenhouse ceiling....boom...back to 300%.  So now my barn extension has no roof ...lol

Thanks....but unfortunately I don’t think it’s a connecting issue since I get 300% until the secondary green house ceilings are out far above, whereas if the secondary greenhouse ceiling is only 4 walls above....it is fine.  Somehow above a certain height ark reads glass as any other ceiling type....maybe it’s similar to the indoor rain glitch with a large tall barn?

• 5 months later...

Archived