Swordguy

Crystal Wyverns: What isn't broken?

Things you can't do with Crystal Wyverns:

• see their skin in a taxidermy stand
  • transfer them
  • pod them

Thngs that are bugged with Crystal Wyverns:

• breeding, sometimes females won't mate when they're ready
  • taming, sometimes they can't be tamed because someone else failed to tame, or perhaps just bugged
  • parking out in the open, sometimes they decide to fly off and you have to go find them half way across the map
  • imprinting, sometimes they get stuck in the floor or want to go for an endless walk, bringing back the bugs that cryopods solved

Things you can do always do with Crystal Wyverns:

• fly them around
  • look at them
  • export stats
  • trade them with other players
  • use their eggs for kibble or taming
  • farm meat

I'm not saying ark developers aren't allowed to make mistakes, but someone either didn't do their job or the person in charge of bringing crystal isles to official needs to actually play the game for once. These dinos are barely functional beyond the bare basics. To be fair, they are easy enough to tame right now and make life easy on Crystal Isles, but its apparent that no one is listening on twitter or reading the bug reports, so I might as well vent here for the record. Also, what a great impression wildcard has made with the epic store crowd. most first timers can't believe epic would choose a broken mess for their free game of the week, their words not mine. 

You can add in, your tamed crystal wyvern might up and randomly leave tribe and become wild for a period of time, reverting back to in tribe afterwards.  That might account for why they end up somewhere else.

My tribemate had to follow around his tamed mount as a wild level 169 until it decided to rejoin our tribe on it's own.

@Duffmek Yes the crystal wyverns are breedable by default no mods required. The other wyverns still can't though.

As far as the taming bug, that's true of all passive tames actually. If someone else fails a passive tame it will bug them out. But! There's a fix for that. KO it and let it wake up and that will reset it to be tameable again. This has been a longstanding issue with passive tames not specific to the crystal wyverns.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived