Ark 2

kemosavy

Suggestion

Ark 2

There was a youtuber talking about ark 2. (Loaded crisis)

In the video one of the ark devs wrote an article about the future of ark. The article is a year old but there was that uncertainty about what to do with ark 2 and how to keep fans of ark that have played the game for 5 years happy.

I don't know what is technically possible. 

But i suggest. Having ark 2 as an graphical upgrade for those that have the hardware for it, with the unreal engine 5. But players that are on ark two can still play with players using the unreal engine 4.

It be like an ps5 player playing with a ps4 player on the same game. but each player has different hardware and graphics. 

of course last gen players wont have access to ark 2 content but at least  ark 2 players can go back to ark one with upgraded graphics and played in their bases they have had for 5 years. 

This solution if possible keeps every player of ark happy. 

4 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Ark 2 means abandoning Ark. Now I know Ark won't last forever, that just realism.

But is now the time to be splitting the Ark player base. Especially since we don't have Genesis 2 yet.

I think a lot of Ark players are more interested in the classic primitive environment compared to the tek and scifi environment. And not everyone is a fan of the mission based direction that Genesis took Ark. 

So I think most intelligent players would want clear communication from WC on exactly what the plans for Ark 2 would be. Not just give us better graphics.

Very well put.

Ark 2 means abandoning Ark. Now I know Ark won't last forever, that just realism.

But is now the time to be splitting the Ark player base. Especially since we don't have Genesis 2 yet.

I think a lot of Ark players are more interested in the classic primitive environment compared to the tek and scifi environment. And not everyone is a fan of the mission based direction that Genesis took Ark. 

So I think most intelligent players would want clear communication from WC on exactly what the plans for Ark 2 would be. Not just give us better graphics.

Archived