Suggestion

Yet Another Set of TLC 3 Ideas! except Better!

There are probably millions of these so I'll just cut straight to the ideas and say this is for many dinos and IF any are up for a TLC I would love to see something along these lines...

Ankylo - Yes these are the Metal Gatherers with their own set job already, but my suggestion would be, since we now have a machine that does the job, I would add a bone-break ability that slows attackers down and torpor damage to the tail swing... Would really let it stand out and help it for being so slow.

Stego - This could really benefit from being a fiber/thatch/berry gatherer for beginner tames to act as a step below the Therizino.

Dilo - Really just needs a reskin and maybe an ability revolving around it's spitting-action/turret mode... Maybe pairing it with the alarms/Parasaur alarm and they could seek out intruders. The Onyc and Araneo would be good for this also giving them an actual "use".

Speaking of the Araneo - I would give them a cling ability to all surfaces and let them walk across ziplines.

Carno - Needs a speed dash beyond it's sprint, a headbutt would be cool but not needed, mainly focusing on their speed would be enough.

Bronto - Maybe a kneel command to pair with the platform saddle. Could allow it to bring the platform closer to the ground. A stomp ability strong against structures, like the Titano's, would be great also.

Carbonemys (Turtle) - Needs a good reskin and a command to pull into it's shell, like the sit command. It should definitely have a higher defense in it's shell than the Doedicurus and could be used as an early game vault to protect supplies. It would also be great if they were immune to Jellyfish and gathered extra Toxins. Working like a preserving-bin for Toxins, chemistry ingredients, food, etc. would be even more amazing.

Ichthy - A Sonar ability that picks up threats, plus resources like silica pearls and oil veins would make this so much more useful early game. Idk if it really needs a reskin but it would still be nice.

Plesi - definitely needs a reskin. A speed dash like the Carno suggestion would be great for the Plesi also but more along the lines of the twist the Pteranodon does but in the water, a dodge/turnaround maneuver like the Tropeo's twist mixed with the Sarco's turnaround underwater would be great too.

Mosa - Needs a reskin to look more like it's monitor lizard cousins, it would be amazing if things avoided the Mosa as it swam through the ocean, giving it a wide birth, when tamed also. Making it seem more menacing. I would switch the Mosa and the Whale as far as which can't stay deep underwater to long because it makes more sense but understandable if you didn't, but the other dinos avoiding the Mosa would make it like a real T-Rex of the Sea.

Megalodon - I would give the Sharks the same ability as the Dire Wolf tracking damaged prey. It goes with sharks being able to smell blood in the water and would really help in the dark oceans. I would also LOVE to see Ichthys and Megalodons be able to breach the surface also... Megalodons would really benefit from this by being able to grab low cruising flyers to pull them down and make the riders fall off when the flyer touches the surface. The Megalodon could auto release the flyer if it's not killed by the initial breach-attack as it hits the surface and it can then target the rider that had fallen in the water. Seeing a wild Megalodon jump and kill a low-level wild flyer, or seeing higher-level flyer get released at the surface and then flying off in a panic while you're standing on the beach would be a crazy sight... It would also be fun and awesome to do.

Liopleurodon - Just make it a normal tame with a higher speed than all water dinos minus the Plesi. Dealing slightly less damage than a Megalodon. Maybe a better Prime-Fish Meat gather rate. A twist maneuver like I mentioned for the Plesi, like the Pteranodon's, would also be fun swimming through the water.

Dimorphodon - really does need a reskin and maybe a pack buff... Maybe a setting to have them circle around you on follow when not attacking as kind of an attack shield of small dinos in the caves if you had the full 5 or whatever for the pack buff... Plus circling you would keep them from getting stuck on the cave walls as easy as they do on follow... unless them circling you messed with you walking normally... There would have to be a balance there...

Tropeo Taming - I think (as I've put in a prior post) that the Tropeo would be a lot more fun to tame like the Equus. When landed you jump on the back and hold on, giving it kibble, and it would buck you off mid-air. While also being able to jump off a flyer onto their backs and doing the same mid-air (Sort of like Avatar). This should be easier to hold on for than the Equus... probably not actually bucking you off until you have failed 3 times in a row... I think the Quetz and Tapejara would be lot more fun like this also... Just bring a parachute if you happen to fail.

The Tropeo's Saddle could have armor rating also effected by the quality like it's damage even if it's only half the value of the armor rating for the quality that it is usually it could make it stand a better chance in PVP.

Quetz - really needs a reskin. A more vertical stance like Paleo-Art, and a flapping animation in mid-air, when not wearing a platform saddle. Making it much more imposing and majestic... And it is hypothesized that the Quetz used to walk around with its head held high picking off smaller dinos before taking off to the sky... Living more like a Stork. I think a more aggressive Quetzal would be very interesting, making you have to tame it mid-flight with the Tropeo-suggestion. Quetz could really use a gliding mechanic that saves stamina also. Would be useful and realistic.

Maybe even allow for the normal tranq method AND the Equus "hold on and ride" method I suggested for the Tropeo, for the Quetz and Tapejara also... Making all 3 tamable both ways... Just a thought.

Oviraptor - Doesn't really need a reskin but I really wish they could gather eggs on wander but DID NOT eat fertilized eggs and just kept them from spoiling. I would just worry about them wandering off with the eggs lol if there was a work-around for that it would be awesome... Maybe a craftable nest they would drop them in or not wander far from like the leash-thing.

Spinosaur - Just a swimming animation more like the Baryonyx/Sarco.

Giga - Could really use a reskin

Last but not least!

-The Mammoth could really use a reskin and a trumpet call... I also think the ability to take water into it's trunk to water crops would make it so much more useful!

And

The female Magaloceros (Deer) could really use a reskin to make it stand out from the sheep, mainly the female variant but the male and female both could benefit to make them a little more majestic...  Like a deer! Maybe letting them be rode bareback and having the saddle work like an Equus without the lasso...? Couldn't hurt...

Would love to see these additions to the game and I bet if you played around with them you would think the same.

Thank you for your time.

21 replies to this server topic

I agree with most of these, but not so much the quetzal taming. They already are kind of a special tame (I know you do ultimately knock them out, but still) and I wouldn't want to to get rid of that tapejara mid-air chase. Tapejaras themselves maybe, but it would make it a lot harder, since before you could just bola them and shoot them in the head. Maybe the tropeo, although the new crystal wyvern is actually best tamed like that (you don't technically mount, but you ride around on it and feed it). Here's my take on the list, in order of needing a TLC most to least.

Liopleurodon (when's the last time you ever tamed one?)

Megaloceros (male good for thatch, but both look weird, and female useless.)

Araneo

Carbonemys (good early game gaurd. Until you get a trike which does the same things, and more.)

Carno

Megalodon (every aquatic creature dossier suggests that they are the top predator, but they honestly the only fully aquatic, agressive creatures they can fight off are mantas and other sharks. Plesis are too strong, mosas and tusos aren't even a remotely fair fight. I nearly lost my shark to like six mantas.)

Stego

Bronto

Plesi

Mosa (come on. Basilosaurus are far superior mounts, because they're not scared of jellyfish.)

Mammoth (honestly not terrible, can compete with casteroides for the best wood gatherer. Could use a model update.)

Quetz (good abilities and many uses, but it does seem like it could stand some updating.)

Dilo (they do what they were made to do. Maybe a small model change.)

Dimorphodon (they are really good fighters. For PVP, they can kill someone one a strong mount, since they go for the rider. For PVE, wild dinos have a really hard time hitting them, making them great for hunting/clearing an area.)

Oviraptor (they could maybe stand being able to pick up eggs, but compared to the rest of this list, they do not need a TLC.)

Anky 

Tropeo taming

Another Idea is for the Roll Rat believe it or not... Just to add the ability to burrow like the Purlovia with a cool down that can bring gems up like wild ones or surface with acouple in their inventory... The cool down could be around the same amount of time between wild ones burrowing...

It's just crazy to go through taming something that's less useful than when it is wild... The saddle and everything for it is awesome but the gems would make it actually worth having.

33 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

While I definitely agree that most if not all of those dinos require a reskin, I'd definitely rather the devs focus on the dinos that don't really have their own niche in the game anymore, namely the Araneo, Carno, Icthy, Plesi, Megalodon, Liopleurodon and Mammoth.

I agree that giving them their own unique roles in the game should be the focus. I would really hope they touch on all these legacy dinos eventually, but you're right... They should prioritize the ones that need it the most first.

5 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Oh and on the rex thing please no, I’d run up to kill a rex with a small pack of Argys I’d roar, and we’d all scatter In an area that contains rexes, then all my tames die. 

I never thought about that...

but I still think the Rex needs something to let it really seem like the top predator besides the Giga... Maybe only tamed Rexs scare wild dinos?

And I really think the Quetz and Tapejara would be much more exciting tames if they were done  like I suggested... I understand we are use to the original way but I really think you could have your mind changed if you tried it... Maybe the Tapejara could stay the same but idk... I respect your opinion though it would be fine if left as is but I really think it would be a lot more fun to dive on top of them lol.

Very well put... I would hope it would be easier to stay on for this type of taming in particular... Only really messing up should get you bucked to make up for that. Contribute it to us hanging on for our life mid-flight so we don't fall as easy. Staying on even if we don't get the kibble on time but 3 tries missed in a row gets you bucked off... I would think that could solve it... I hear what you are saying though I would just make falling harder to do so it wasn't as discouraging.

5 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I agree with most of these, but not so much the quetzal taming. They already are kind of a special tame (I know you do ultimately knock them out, but still) and I wouldn't want to to get rid of that tapejara mid-air chase. Tapejaras themselves maybe, but it would make it a lot harder, since before you could just bola them and shoot them in the head. Maybe the tropeo, although the new crystal wyvern is actually best tamed like that (you don't technically mount, but you ride around on it and feed it). Here's my take on the list, in order of needing a TLC most to least.

Liopleurodon (when's the last time you ever tamed one?)

Megaloceros (male good for thatch, but both look weird, and female useless.)

Araneo

Carbonemys (good early game gaurd. Until you get a trike which does the same things, and more.)

Carno

Megalodon (every aquatic creature dossier suggests that they are the top predator, but they honestly the only fully aquatic, agressive creatures they can fight off are mantas and other sharks. Plesis are too strong, mosas and tusos aren't even a remotely fair fight. I nearly lost my shark to like six mantas.)

Stego

Bronto

Plesi

Mosa (come on. Basilosaurus are far superior mounts, because they're not scared of jellyfish.)

Mammoth (honestly not terrible, can compete with casteroides for the best wood gatherer. Could use a model update.)

Quetz (good abilities and many uses, but it does seem like it could stand some updating.)

Dilo (they do what they were made to do. Maybe a small model change.)

Dimorphodon (they are really good fighters. For PVP, they can kill someone one a strong mount, since they go for the rider. For PVE, wild dinos have a really hard time hitting them, making them great for hunting/clearing an area.)

Oviraptor (they could maybe stand being able to pick up eggs, but compared to the rest of this list, they do not need a TLC.)

Anky 

Tropeo taming

I can appreciate your thoughts and agree that Quetz and tapejara could stay the same I just think they would be more fun to tame the way I suggested but that is just personal opinion.

Liopleurodon - exactly... No one tames them because they are useless... That's why I think making them a normal tamed dino would be better

Carbonemys - with the shell and a defense buff the turtle might become a better storage dino. Not offensively but defense wise.

Megalodon - it's because the game has introduced so many water dinos since the Megalodon they got usurped as a top predator... I think they should make it hit a little harder for sure... but don't really see it being a "top predator" really with the Mosa and Tuso. Making it fair better against non-water dinos like being able to grab flyers like I suggested does give it that top predator niche at the surface area though.

Mosa - Basils are superior... So I think switching their role as the deep sea dino makes sense except the fact a mosa could come out of no where on the surface like a megalodon... That's my only issue with the idea so doubt they would change it anyway... I just feel a whale would dive deeper than a reptile realistically. Only reason I brought it up.

Dilo - I agree they do what they were meant to do, but having an extra base-defense ability wouldn't hurt it...

Dimorph - those are my exact reasons for wanting them to be an attacking meat shield for PVE caves and PVP in general.

Thanks for the reply, good point of view.

You know something to add to this list would be something that helps bring up lost taming effectiveness, like Lystros, Jerboas, Bulbdogs, Ferrox and all the cutey-pets cuddling with them while they are knocked out or something lol calming them and bringing the effectiveness back up.

That idea is not to be taken as serious as the list^ but would be fun and useful in game.

I honestly really really want a plesiosaur tlc. It’s ugly as sin and isn’t particularly useful, aside from the Platform saddle that still leaves much to be desired. What if it could passively produce an resource or provided a water buff to tames like the Yutyrannus or Daeadon? I’ve always loved the creatures and it’s a shame that it looks so unappealing and is overshadowed by other ark creatures. Another creature that could use a similar tlc is the Onyc. It could use an update on appearance and some better abilities. What if it could be a blood harvester? That’d be a good way to help tame creatures like the Bloodstalker if they don’t want to sacrifice tames!

Another possible TLC is the option to allow to keep the Liopleurodon, similar to allowing fliers to level speed and entry into caves or Titanosaur feeding. A draw back I could be the activation of the mystic skin oil has a long cool down. Liopleurodon is another favorite of mine from childhood and it sometimes isn’t worth taming as it is!

4 hours ago, Sriracha said:

i never see carbonemys mentioned in posts like these :c

Wow I can't believe I forgot the Turtle!

Of course needs a reskin and to be able to pull into it's shell... I think it should have a much higher defense in the shell than the doedicurus and could be used as an early game vault of sorts... Would make it really useful early game to have a few in their shells around your beach base for supplies. Also make them immune to jellyfish and can gather extra toxins. I'd be happy with that. What about you? Any ideas for the Turtle?

I'll add this idea to the original post also.

I’d love to see one or two easier saddle and tame creatures that gather fiber, preferably with a large AOE for clearing areas.

this is unrelated, but a creature that’s gets a small amount of materials but has a large AOE and can destroy rocks and crystals and obi would be cool for just clearing a large area getting some resources and not getting dragged down by carry weight!

16 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

I never thought about that...

but I still think the Rex needs something to let it really seem like the top predator besides the Giga... Maybe only tamed Rexs scare wild dinos?

And I really think the Quetz and Tapejara would be much more exciting tames if they were done  like I suggested... I understand we are use to the original way but I really think you could have your mind changed if you tried it... Maybe the Tapejara could stay the same but idk... I respect your opinion though it would be fine if left as is but I really think it would be a lot more fun to dive on top of them lol.

Ok sounds cool, I understand it would be fun, but also I’d have to repeatedly jump of my pteranodon, land on the quetz, feed it, get bucked and parachute till my ptdon comes close, I get it for Tropo, which is one of the easier tames, but with quetz, it’s just too long to tame for that. And yes it would be fun, but that’s not the point.

I retracted my ideas for the Rex and would like to toss the idea out instead that nothing will aggro a tamed Rex with the exception of Wyverns, Deathworms, Gigas, Corrupted Dinos, Yutyrannus, Other Rex's and Boss minions. With the addition of the map bosses of course... Unless they are attacked by the tamed Rex first.

Maybe even make the dinos that won't attack avoid the Rex all together...

Giving them that ability kind of like my suggestion of the Mosa in the post of being a real apex predator that nothing except the biggest threats want to mess with... 

Archived