Disappointed in the rigid Linear progression within ARK

Suntonk

Disappointed in the rigid Linear progression within ARK

ARK is a fun game by all means but One major issue i have is the incredibly Rigid progression within the game 

there are only some areas that are Viable to start in. Not due to player skill but due to the forced availability of recipes through engrams.
While its great for leading new players in and giving them ideas on when in their progression is a good time to get certain dinos. But it makes it feel as though you are being stopped and held back rather than allowed to try something different. 
you cant start in any Winter area since you cannot unlock fur gear until level 23.
certain animals are not viable to get for a long time ingame due to level requirements on Saddles.
Oh you want an early fast mount welp. Raptor or nothing. Iguanadon is level 30. gallimimus is 29.
while i understand it for things like Argents or Pteradons. since flying is very powerful. it feels restrictive on land.
plus when you are the level to unlock the saddle, why would i go for it? some dinos become redundant to get. Why get an Iguanadon when i can wait a level for a moose? or just keep using my raptor?
i constantly feel as though when I'm doing a new run  I'm being restricted of what i can tame not by my own skill but by the fact that its behind a wall.
i love ark but i wish my new runs weren't just Parasaur-raptor-pteradon-argent-Larger Carnivore

43 minutes ago, Suntonk said:

you cant start in any Winter area since you cannot unlock fur gear until level 23.

You can, its just more challenging.

44 minutes ago, Suntonk said:

i love ark but i wish my new runs weren't just Parasaur-raptor-pteradon-argent-Larger Carnivore

Then do a playthrough where those aren't allowed. I've never started with parasaur. I go for trikes and stegos.

It seems more like you are viewing it as linear than the game progression being linear.

its possible to start in other biomes just more difficult. You don’t necessarily need fur. 

Also there’s lots of tames that people dont consider that are actually viable at low level.

For example You could tame a bunch of dimorphs and have them follow you around. Ez to breed and can kill even huge carnivores in a big group.

I'm a little confused about what the OP is looking for? Does he want everything to be unlocked at level 1? 

There isn't any requirement for you to follow any set path, I'll agree that there is a linear progression of points and levels against attainable engrams but that is what survival would be like. You learn by doing.

What you do with the experience you acquire is up to you, if you feel brave and confident at level 1 the game won't stop you from taming a giga, you don't have the skills to make a saddle for it! But, you can still have and use the dino it will follow whistle commands like any other un-ridden dino. If you are on multiplayer use what skills you have to farm and trade for a saddle 

i have played characters with all their engram points unspent,  only making what i can find blueprints for. If you open your thinking there are a lot of very non linear ways to play this game

Archived