ARK DevKit/Editor 300GB???

ARK DevKit/Editor 300GB???

am i doing something wrong or is the devkit/editor 300GB on Epic right now? i mean... i would come to think it would be about the same size as the base game (maybe a bit more with maps and such) but 300GB?!? just DILO. if that is so just looking into the damn thing would require me to get a DEDICATED harddive for THAT thing only. what do you expect of the curious script kittys that just want a look into the devkit and see how it works. its not like i have the lattest and newest pc gear and a NAS server to store all my things in at home (student btw). so tell me am i doing something wrong with the things or are my expectations to high and i should just stfu. http://prntscr.com/t0y2cw

You have to understand that the Dev Kit includes every asset in the game. Every. single. asset. This includes assets that are not client side assets, assets that are not currently used, new and old, in their rawest forms, as well as currently used assets. 

The Dev Kit wasn't designed to be played around with, It was designed to be a tool for developers to create mods. It wasn't designed with "curious kitties" in mind. 

If you don't have a good PC you won't get much done. A high end i5/mid i7 or better cpu and 32gb of RAM, plus a high(ish) capacity SSD is minimum here. A single asset could have upwards of 3000+ shaders that need to be compiled, and even with an SSD that could take 10 minutes alone to load. 

Your expectations are far too high. You can't expect a Nintendo to run Crisis. 

Archived