A new threat; dinosaur/human hybrids?

Zeratul12

A new threat; dinosaur/human hybrids?

So I had this idea kicking around my head for awhile now and thought I'd finally voice my idea.

The core idea is to introduce an active threat to humanity and by extension to the ARK project, primarily for the benefit of singleplayer and private servers. In these  controlled environments players lack something to drive them to "evolve" faster, in public servers greifers and other tribes drive you to expand and develop fast, though not everyone has the time to do this as the game can become a full time job in on itself and even then the work of 3 weeks can be reduced to nothing in minutes as there are no true defense because the human mind is very creative, but then you jump to singleplayer or private servers to get away from these people but without them the game is less fun. So I propose we add a threat to the game that will launch attacks but can also be recruited and that is where these dinosuar/human hybrids come in, for the purpose of simplification we will just call them; Saurians.

d2sdmfj-7c41c2f2-cf25-4ebb-a512-5201b975

(Not my artwork taken from Google images)

Now the idea is not that outrageous, as the ARKs have malfunctioned in the past and produced hybrids and even created new creatures entirely, so it is not out of bounds to say one malfunctions and human and dino DNA is accidentally mixed creating the Saurians  These new creatures are intelligent and can use the same tools, armor, and weapons as survivors. They can launch attacks on your base giving you a reason to build defenses. They build camps and small settlements that the players can destroy to eliminate a threat and reduce the chances or being attacked. They can be tamed so for certain players that want to build massive settlements they can populate them with the Saurians, or just make a big army. It would also be nice if they could speak in their own language that you only are able to understand once you find 3 their specific journal entries (5 per island but only need 3).

With them as a new threat you and other survivors would be competing with them to seize control of the other ARKS before they can, you could even introduce unique boss fights since they are able to use the same weapons you can.

I don't like it. I don't see it on official Pve servers. If they had a way of taming what we would do with them. They will produce weapons/amunition, collect wood, berries, stone, metal, feed baby dinos?
and such an issue. If it's a hybrid of human and reptile bottoms (it's just not possible and that's it) they lay eggs, are they pregnant?
If they are intelligent, they should not be tamed. For example, we already have with old rock drake or wyvern, we can't tame them (I don't count the crystal island) but we have to steal an egg and the young take us as a parent. the only option I see is for a man to live with this thing. And our female character must give birth to this thing (pregnancy). Just like the reaper queen us fertilizes 

5 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

I don't really like the idea of NPCs launching attacks (people who play single player and PVE do it for a reason). Maybe if you could disable it...

I dunno. The idea is very cool, but it feels like something for a different game mode/game. 

I am of a similar opinion

16 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I don't really like the idea of NPCs launching attacks (people who play single player and PVE do it for a reason). Maybe if you could disable it...

I dunno. The idea is very cool, but it feels like something for a different game mode/game. 

People play PVE and/or Single player to get away from toxic players that infest the PVP servers, granted PVE aren't much better with over compensating mega bases that block resources constantly.  

Archived