Fix the "there is already a player with this account connected"

MSExcel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:04 AM, MSExcel said:

Fix the "there is already a player with this account connected"

This bug is annoying. Every time I have this glitch after a crash, it takes about 10 minutes to go away. It's as if you guys know that the crashes arent killing my tames, so you give it another 10 minutes to do so

especially if you know your official servers are bound to lag to the point you drop host connection...to throw salt on the wound you cant fix this bug so that it breaks the connection immediately after dropping...ugh..

On 9/19/2020 at 12:11 AM, Zapha said:

Have you closed the steam client or simply made a reset?

I'm asking because it works for me always, maybe it's important to close and reopen the steamclient and not only doing a reset. Or maybe you have just closed the steam client window which does not close the steam client.

I closed the Steam client completely, I know what you are referring too.

On 9/19/2020 at 4:57 AM, Abecy said:

This is not a bug. they did it for security measurements. It's around 5min. timer

I always had to wait more than 5min, around 10 usually. I would understand this measure if the game and the servers were very, very, VERY stable. But ARK is by definition a mess of server instability, dubious game crashes and stuttering. So who the hell was the genius behind this fix?

PS: I guess I'll just have to see who will loot my body on official because of this crap, or during what hard mission I will die.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Abecy said:

This is not a bug. they did it for security measurements. It's around 5min. timer

Is this officially documented or at least confirmed by WC or a moderator? anywhere? My cluster has been up 5 years and while I see several people with this issue over the years it's really brand new for this cluster. So I'm assuming they added it on a recent update but I can't find info on it.

P.S. Can anyone confirm that the full Steam restart work?

Steam restart will not change anything - the player stays connected on the server for exactly 5 minutes after a crash (did some tests with "forced" crashes and timed it to be exactly 5 minutes till the server drops the player out - verified with the admin-console and constant refreshing in there) - only when it gets dropped server side he will be able to reconnect so nothing you do on the client side will affect this behaviour. It only feels like restarting steam works as on a lot of computers it takes 5 minutes from shutting steam down to restarting it to restarting the game etc. ;) 

1 hour ago, Campi said:

It only feels like restarting steam works as on a lot of computers it takes 5 minutes from shutting steam down to restarting it to restarting the game etc. ;) 

That could be true but where is the problem?

Sure, there are differences in crash frequency from player to player, but even if someone crashes once per week ... is this really relevant if you have to wait 5 mins once per week?

And there is also the safety question: If it would be possible to immidiately reconnect after a crash, hackers would for sure use this to hijack connections from other players. Should Wildacrad really bring us all into the risk of hijacked connections only for this occassionally 5 mins?

• 2 months later...

I also have this ERROR and almost every time I lose my tames on offi servers. If this is what WC wants, that's the biggest nonsense. The character remains logged in and rendered the entire time. So you get damage for 5 minutes and you can't defend yourself. If only once the brain would be used before programming .....

FIX THIS BUG please.

• 10 months later...

I get this bug when i try to join a server for the first time. Official or Unofficial makes no difference. Restarting the client does not work, as someone pointed out, for some people it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get their client rebooted. But recent Steam Client Updates have made it so that only 1 in 4 tries to start the steam client will actually startup correctly in the first place. Quite a few times in the last few weeks, i have had to reboot my computer because steam would go into a crash loop right after a forced update.   

As for expecting WC to fix the issue, you would have better luck showing up at Bill Gates house begging for any spare change.

WC has proven themselves incapable of fixing many of the bugs in this game. I have a bug report out now with them, that is identical to others with the same bug, where Battle Eye glitches and demands to be installed, but fails to install.  Like mine, the others have never actually gotten a response from WC, just from other players who have suggestions on how to fix it. WC, from what has been stated on many different forums, stopped even testing their own work to verify if the game would crash or not, right about the time Scorched Earth came out, since then, they just release without testing, and hope for the best.   Seriously, go look at the support forums. There are dozens of bug reports that have gone unanswered for quite some time, other than the original post creator bumping it

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived