console release and absolute joke

Kodking194

console release and absolute joke

so i got a question for ya WC, are us console players a joke to you, do you even care about us. cause i dont think you even give a damn about us. so CI is released for PC, but us console players have to wait for what, 3-4 months. this is absolute BS. btw, you have not even giving a set date for the console release other than semptember, to me, that means for we know you might push it back even further to like January next year, and this is not the only time you have done this, every single freaking DLC has been pushed back for console players. now what really pisses me off is the fact that when you made the announcement about CI coming to official ark, you said it would be coming to all platforms in winter, but low and behold its not. once again you lied and have now let down a large amount of the player base. now before some of you PC people and some console players go saying that they pushed it back to make things better for us console players, that is an utter load of BS, every other DLC release for console has basically been like the pc release, absolute crap, now another problem with releasing the map for PC before the rest of the platforms is that they then ruin it for console players. all i am saying is either release the map on all platforms on the same date, or dont go saying that its going to come to all platforms on a set date or month unless you can fully confirm that date or month, and before people say that unexpected problems may arise pushing them back, thats clearly not the case, and here is why. every damn DLC that has been released for ark. has had its date pushed back, and the console release date pushed back even more, you would think that maybe after aberration, that they would have learnt to either not state a month of release or keep their word and release in that month or on that date. its this kind of stupidity on the developers end that makes them look unprofessional, i have recently started learning about product development and planning charts in one of my subject i do for school. and one of the big factors we are learning about is upholding due dates. tbh a lot of what i learnt about companies like game developing, WC barely ticks off any of the boxes they should be ticking to be considered a somewhat successful company, poor communication between consumer/ buyers and developers, poor support system for product, terrible  at upholding product release dates and so on. this may sound like a rant and tbh it could be taken as one. but i mean seriously WC pick up your game.

btw, shout out to my friend @Lucraft for telling me about CI map and its release date, i have not been very active due to RL stuff.

This is one of the reasons I really dislike Wildcard. Pretty much every DLC they've released so far has had a false release date, not to mention the fact that they even had released a paid DLC during early access. There's just so many things wrong with ARK, the false hope and hype for updates, the meta, toxic playerbase, lack of fixes. The game is fully released yet it still seems as though it's in early-access. This is bad thing because the game has been out since 2015 and yet they still haven't gotten there poop together. There are so many things we can complain about Wildcard all day that it would be hard to even fit it all into a single post. Wildcard was better before snail games bought it. Remember when creatures got put out like all the time?

12 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Regarding the release, Console get a way better version than PC has, cus PC gets to “play test” it and make it better, and there a certain roadblocks with Console requirements and stuff. I tried to play on CI and I can’t even play cus it’s sooo poorly optimized my computer can’t handle it! 

This is basically the point. They give out false release dates then they release shlt content.

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

But every single year they give out a false date.

They don't give out false dates. That would imply they knowingly post dates they won't meet.

Maybe they are too ambitious sometimes, but they always try to meet their targets.

I saw someone the other day complain they haven't given a specific date in September for console release and they said that concerns them that it is likely they won't release in September. Yet whenever they do give specific dates people complain that they are late and that they shouldn't give out dates if they aren't going to meet them.

At the end of the day, if an update is not out on the day stated it affects no-one. It is still coming, same update different day. Doesn't matter whether it's one week or the next, it will still be the same when it arrives.

Crystal isles is a really demanding map the most demanding map yet. I really don’t see how it’s gonna run on a Xbox one s it’s really gonna need some optimising. On valguaro I ran all settings on epic 1440p and I get around 70 to 80 FPS but on crystal isles the same settings give me around 30 to 50 FPS 

16 hours ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Simple fix for this GET A PC or wipe your tears

3 hours ago, GP said:

They don't give out false dates. That would imply they knowingly post dates they won't meet.

Maybe they are too ambitious sometimes, but they always try to meet their targets.

I saw someone the other day complain they haven't given a specific date in September for console release and they said that concerns them that it is likely they won't release in September. Yet whenever they do give specific dates people complain that they are late and that they shouldn't give out dates if they aren't going to meet them.

At the end of the day, if an update is not out on the day stated it affects no-one. It is still coming, same update different day. Doesn't matter whether it's one week or the next, it will still be the same when it arrives.

that is exactly what they do, they knowingly post dates they wont meet, how do we know, simple, we have 8 DLCs as evidence.

15 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Regarding the release, Console get a way better version than PC has, cus PC gets to “play test” it and make it better, and there a certain roadblocks with Console requirements and stuff. I tried to play on CI and I can’t even play cus it’s sooo poorly optimized my computer can’t handle it! 

this is absolute BS, sorry to say it but its true, extinction is a wonderful example, it was no better for console when it released if not worse.

16 hours ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Simple fix for this GET A PC or wipe your tears

i am going to assume your an entitled little s*** that gets what ever he wants without doing anything for it. a PC that runs ark reasonably well is too much money and time, time and money i dont have rn. plus it should not matter.

3 hours ago, GP said:

that is not true, when PC players get it first they ruin eh experience for others, its like if one country was to get access to a new movie in the cinemas before the rest of the countries, they would then go and ruin it for others. 

54 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

that is exactly what they do, they knowingly post dates they wont meet, how do we know, simple, we have 8 DLCs as evidence.

Sigh, no. Imagine your working on a movie, and you say, “We hope to release the movie 2021 April 12th”  Then, I turns out CGI takes longer then you thought, and sadly you’re not done till the 23rd, the only difference is you would probably announce it somewhere near the 1st that you aren’t as far as you hoped. In this situation you hoped and assumed you WOULD be done, but it just didn’t work out that way.

59 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

this is absolute BS, sorry to say it but its true, extinction is a wonderful example, it was no better for console when it released if not worse.

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

i am going to assume your an entitled little s*** that gets what ever he wants without doing anything for it. a PC that runs ark reasonably well is too much money and time, time and money i dont have rn. plus it should not matter.

Thumbs Up

37 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

that is not true, when PC players get it first they ruin eh experience for others, its like if one country was to get access to a new movie in the cinemas before the rest of the countries, they would then go and ruin it for others. 

Ummm then just don’t look up YouTube vids of CI!

11 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Sigh, no. Imagine your working on a movie, and you say, “We hope to release the movie 2021 April 12th”  Then, I turns out CGI takes longer then you thought, and sadly you’re not done till the 23rd, the only difference is you would probably announce it somewhere near the 1st that you aren’t as far as you hoped. In this situation you hoped and assumed you WOULD be done, but it just didn’t work out that way.

Thumbs Up

Ummm then just don’t look up YouTube vids of CI!

the first 1 or 2 times is acceptable, but when you do it 8 times in a row you are either too brain dead to realize the mistake your making, or your and idiot. 

9 hours ago, GP said:

The problem is that they give out release dates and hype up the community with false hope, and then they release the maps months later and when they DO release the maps they are all buggy and lacking features.

6 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

Guess what u are so wrong there... I've been working hard to build my PC to run on epic without lag... and my point was that so far I see ppl not reading WC message that release will come later and instead of sticking all in one post more and more getting opened with same crying

As PC part my old one did well and at this time it probably would cost less than any console

Besides how does it change having a really good PC and having money (hard earned) got to do with anyone? I did study a lot to get a good job and all my success is done by myself so as end note to that can call yourself a little s***

BTW im 33 years old and earning more than average ?

Archived