Hey how do I tame a reaper

Bigchingus7890

48 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Hey how do I tame a reaper

I know it’s like you damage it or something but nothing works on it.  Need help and thanks 

Only reaper queens impregnate you, and they only spawn in a few areas in the red zone.  You gotta get a queens health down until they glow pink, then if she is aggroed on you and not your tame she will grab you with her tail and impregnate you.  Bring extra rad suits because any radiation will kill your unborn reaper son.  Try using a riot shield and hopping off your tame when she starts glowing pink.

nah, it's 

38 minutes ago, ZeruIshtar said:

Think they also recommend you do it in small pen away from other tames too just stand over small ledge let it burst out heal up use pheromone gland and go from there.

no need for the gland.  

What I do is, using tek pants cus it's easier but not really needed; fill up w/ cooked meat( 2 full fridges worth on 1x)  and stone.  I load up w/ about 1k in weight.  THen i go to a birthing room that's raised up 2 walls high at least and I have an open top concept but others just use a dino gate front.   Baby bursts forth, then hp is really low, and it's running around the room.  w/ the tek pants I follow it around until it kills me and takes my inventory.  THen it's stuck, i can get my tek pants back out of it and it has enough food to get to juvi.  Then I take a nap until it's imprint time.

If you do it in a small room, keep a bed in there to respawn into it if it kills u before you can claim. If it kills you before you claim it, it won't take up your inventory, you will have to get it to kill you again.  The smaller room approach doesn't really need the tek pants, u can keep a storage bin in there loaded w/ the stone to overweight yourself while you wait for it to come out.

I use a larger room so i chase it around a little and have a kark come up in the room to pick it up afterwards.  If the server never comes down, this works great.  But if the server crashes or they take it down to patch , any animal in the kark claw will disappear.  But I usually do this when I go to bed, and devs don't seem to patch much during those hrs.  I haven't lost a reaper this way, only a couple ankys and a doed.

If you do it in a small room, keep a bed in there to respawn into it if it kills u before you can claim. If it kills you before you claim it, it won't take up your inventory, you will have to get it to kill you again.

Maybe it is just for pvp, cos my baby reapers never aggroed on me and killed me until after i claimed it.

If the server never comes down, this works great.  But if the server crashes or they take it down to patch , any animal in the kark claw will disappear. 

I usually just use the crab to grab them out of the birthing room and put them somewhere else. I did like what u mentioned earlier with filling myself up with 1k weight of stone and meat for the baby to pick off me and it was never able to wander anymore. I just use the crab to grab it after reaching juv if it was unable to render its body due to reaching 10% while unrendered.

If you don't use the pharamones it will attack you, when they are baby phase, they can't see and attack anything that gets nearby.  That's why it works getting it to eat you after wards. If you want your whole base to get confused , set them all to neutral and then stand right in front of the baby, the whole base will come to your defense but then not do anything since the aggressor is one of your tames.

Usually in the past people would pop the pheramone 4min before birth and so the last minute it comes out and won't bite at you but you can get near it to claim. then when it wears off it will nip at you and since u are almost dead works out well.  But the pheramone isn't neccessary for that, it just makes it a little easier your first couple times.

If it's your tame when it kills you then it can get your inventory, but if it kills you before you can claim it, then it won't pick up the inventory because it's not a tame yet. I've had that happen and had to fall a few stories a few times until i was primed enough to get eaten fast, then had to pick up the inventory and try again fast cus they starve really quickly.

If it's your tame when it kills you then it can get your inventory, but if it kills you before you can claim it, then it won't pick up the inventory because it's not a tame yet. I've had that happen and had to fall a few stories a few times until i was primed enough to get eaten fast, then had to pick up the inventory and try again fast cus they starve really quickly.

The thing is my baby reapers never aggroed on me until after i claimed it, and i never used pheromones at all. I was staring at it for a period long enough for it to aggro and kill me, but all it did was face the wall inside the birthing room. Only once i claimed it it turned around and started biting me.

9 hours ago, Castlerock said:

The thing is my baby reapers never aggroed on me until after i claimed it, and i never used pheromones at all. I was staring at it for a period long enough for it to aggro and kill me, but all it did was face the wall inside the birthing room. Only once i claimed it it turned around and started biting me.

If they have patched it since the time it happened to me, entirely possible.  But I have had that happen on more than one occasion.  SInce i couldnt move fast, and the room was maybe a little too large, I had trouble a few times claiming and they managed to kill me before I could claim them.  My suggestions are purely from experience.

Archived