Game not launching from epic games launcher

Kardz2x

@Kardz2x There are a couple of posts on this issue.  Not sure how to link the posts - have quoted them below (check my profile for the links)

Try suggestions contained there - worked for some people. 

Still not working for me.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Sakutera said:

Epic Game Launcher does not launch ARK

I can press "Launch" on ark in my EG library, i hear the launch game sound for 2 second, no windows pop up or anything, and the game stops, no message, no logs, nothing, and in library it goes back from Running to ">Launch"

I verified files, reinstalled ark, fully uninstalled/reinstalled EG + Ark, same issue comes back

I tried Fortnite after that and it launches fine.

My steam version works fine. Obviously i closed steam during/before all above.

Is there an unmentioned prerequisite program / driver etc for ark on Epic that get's side-loaded by too many other programs already that it was not noted? I got a pretty fresh installed pc without bloatware etc.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, MethodMan said:

ARK Survival evolved on epic games problem

Hello guys. i am not sure what else to do, i got a problem. You know how ark got free on epic games? Well i got it. and i installed it and started it. For some reason it says running, and some music comes like for 2 seconds and it dissapears. after that it just stops saying "running" on the epic games library.It switches to cloud syncing for a sec and then it says "launch".I thought it was because of the windows update and i reverted to old windows restore point from 3 days ago. Still the same!!!I am actually not sure what to do because i've tried:
Reinstalling the game.

Verifying integrity of game files

reverting to old windows restore point,

reseting game resolution

launching game with low graphics even tho my PC is good enough.

Specs:

RX570 4GB VRAM

i3 9100f

8GB 2666MHz

and like a 1TB of HDD and 250GB of SSD.

Guys i would appreciate fast answer i am not sure what to do and every single one of my friends can launch the game with no actual problem.

thanks in advance!Also i gotta add that other games work on epic games launcher, also i don't know where else to go so can you guys help me out please?

• 7 months later...

Archived