Incubation timers are varying too much

mackyish3r3

Ok so ever since the crystal isles patch, I have been getting my egg incubation timers bugged. I would have my air con generator off and drop 1000+ fert X-Spino eggs. I turn the generator on and I take a look at a sample of their timers and they are all pretty much the same. I log off and then come back to pick up the eggs and i see they all of a sudden have huge time gaps compared to each other. some vary by up to 40 minutes.

2 minutes ago, mackyish3r3 said:

and drop 1000+ fert X-Spino eggs

With all the things that happen on ARK servers, all the events that go on, saves, harvesting, building, loading structures as people fly over, individual server-members throwing out a thousand eggs at a time, sometimes its hard to see how the servers manage to run at all.  I mean, completely ignoring the obvious question here.

52 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

With all the things that happen on ARK servers, all the events that go on, saves, harvesting, building, loading structures as people fly over, individual server-members throwing out a thousand eggs at a time, sometimes its hard to see how the servers manage to run at all.  I mean, completely ignoring the obvious question here.

this never happened at all prior to this even during the 4x breeding

23 hours ago, mackyish3r3 said:

Ok so ever since the crystal isles patch, I have been getting my egg incubation timers bugged. I would have my air con generator off and drop 1000+ fert X-Spino eggs. I turn the generator on and I take a look at a sample of their timers and they are all pretty much the same. I log off and then come back to pick up the eggs and i see they all of a sudden have huge time gaps compared to each other. some vary by up to 40 minutes.

I'm having the same problem since the map launched so its defenitly not only you . I hope its getting fixed soon since incubating a lot of eggs is close to imposibe atm.

everybody i know that works with breeding has now issues.

eggs that are dropped after other eggs now hatch before them.

random dinos refuse to mate. after the female dinos layed there eggs, i have to go look for the dinos that didnt mate and i must cryo uncryo them for the mating to start.
a 20 minute task is now turned into a 40 minute task.

30 eggs that i layed down 1 by 1 over a period of 1 minute, now all hatched at once, except the first dropped one that i redropped to check its timer of the whole group.
so i was there watching 1 egg still 1 minute incubating and 29 hatched rexes, makes no sense.

this was a quality of life update in the most reverse way possible and has screwed all breeders.

I can confirm this issue. Well actually, it's a series of things that have changed since the patch. I have noticed that:

- Breeding timers when you are breeding the dinos, the progress bar is refreshing much more often now. before it would jump a few % per refresh, now you can watch it increasing even in the decimals.
- Eggs left to incubate are getting time gaps between them after a while.
- The timer on the eggs doesn't seem to be accurate. If you pick up an egg that has been incubating for say 37 minutes, and it says it has 1 minute left, after you drop it back down again the timer may have changed to 3-4 minutes left.
- Some of the eggs hatch before the timer runs to 0 and have nothing in them (and it was not due to tame limit, because when I saw it happen, I picked up all the remaining eggs and dropped only a few at a time. Some of them hatched with babies inside, some of them did not.)

The only change I noticed in patch notes that seems even remotely related was in the patch prior to Crystal Isles. They fixed a mating range bug. That seems to be relevant to the isue described in the post above me maybe, I don't know.

Archived