All wyverns should be breedable!

Like everyone else we are not surprised that a FREE  MAP IS better than an official ARk PAYED DLC. 

Which in fact brings up an interesting discussions. 

1. Why are not the old wyverns breedable?

2. Why are the official DLC we pay much smaller maps and worst?(also not that much more content than a free map)

3. Why are  small map developers so important (like the people who did ragnarok,center, crytal isles, and valguero)?

Starting with the first and most important topic which I also think people are over looking. 

ALL WYVERNS SHOULD BE BREEDABLE!

They made a payed  DLC content be much more inferior than a FREE. Specially when it comes down to Dino Content. 

People shouldn't be ok with this. Cause then it begs the question...why should anyone buy a DLC if the free content is much better.

Second topic Payed DLC MAps Far inferior than free maps!

I know what you are thinking...."well broooo is free by the same developers". And to that answer I say, " well broooo then why are you paying for DLC that is completely inferior and compared to the free DLC?".

The point is, If you are selling a product you should give your highest quality in your sell than in your free content. Because it doesn't justify its price in any way. 

Who can explain to me why crystal isles is top tier design quality...but Genesis is a bug infested DLC which we payed 20 dollars just to see (in my case it glitch and it just took me to download my character lol) the ending of Ark's lame story.

Which by the way...I posted  that same story about 3 or 4 years ago so i know they read people's fan fiction and took it as their own by making it some how worst lol

And they are still looking for writers...jeez lol

3. Small independent Developers in Ark or MOdDers as they are called are the  most important think Ark has!

We as a community of ark should be supporting our Modders! These people clearly like us love the Main concept of ark which is literally to live and coexist in a world of dinos.

We can see their infinite love of the game, their fixes, and their ingenuity when it comes to making the base game of ark with all its poorly done DLCs much better for freaking FREE!

Before ark "gives them the deal" they are not making much money some have 3 jobs just to pay the salaries of their small teams.

I remember the story of  the Team Leader of the Ragnarok team talking in the twitch stream that before Ark gave them the deal he was working on a local market just to pay his team their salaries. That brakes my heart because if there was any maps that should be the Payed DLC is the ones that are free. Those we payed are so bad that those should be the free!

What are your thoughts on this matter? 

I think Ark developer and owners should be thinking about the future of DLCs when there is clearly a big gap in quality between FREE content and Payed Content! 

1 hour ago, CamCam123 said:

All wyverns should be breedable!

Like everyone else we are not surprised that a FREE  MAP IS better than an official ARk PAYED DLC. 

Which in fact brings up an interesting discussions. 

2. Why are the official DLC we pay much smaller maps and worst?(also not that much more content than a free map)

3. Why are  small map developers so important (like the people who did ragnarok,center, crytal isles, and valguero)?

1. OP Wyverns with 40k hp, 5k stam and 500% melee with completely break the game.

2. In your opinion. Aberration is the best map in the game. Island is the OG, and Extinction is great. They introduce the content that spills into other maps, NOT the other way around.

3. They are great. Important? Maybe. Why wouldn't they be?

Because the wyverns created by WC were a special creature with the egg stealing mechanism. You could steal eggs at higher levels to account for no bonus levels. There weren't balanced for breeding. Nerf would be needed to add breeding.

Free maps are made by mod author with no restrictions (other than the limits of the devkit). It's completely subjective to declare paid DLC maps worse than free/mod DLC maps. Honestly the mod maps are too easy no challenge. 

The modding community has always been important for Ark and WC as evident by the financial support offered. There are lots of maps in development currently by mod authors.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, johnm81 said:

I don’t Think wyverns or manas should be breedable. While the ci wyv is breedable the breath weapon damage is still far below a lightning wyvern. And the range is a joke compared to poison wyverns. Time will tell if breeding will make them better but for now they are inferior and manas will still own them.

Manas are op because they are breedable. 

So this new wyverns will make the old ones absolute once they are level 300 easily.

Perhaps what i want to truly point out is that by not allowing old wyverns to breed they will become a shadow of their former self. 

• Also, totally disagree that the Main DLC is the main source of Ark moders content. In fact, The center was the first map to become official after the island from a single team ( i think it was a single person but i cant remember) who created the map. 

Center map had the  first water world, center-map had the first massive world caves, center map was the first with a floating island...Whoever said that is so wrong. lol

I would dare to  say that Crystal Isles is an improved version of the island. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:38 PM, LEDminer said:

1. No. If you need a reason, see managarmr.

2. I don't know what you consider inferior, but I think most of the paid maps are pretty good. I don't have Genesis so I can't give my judgement on that though. The maps also introduce new things which modders then take a step or two further.

3. I agree that modders are a real cornerstone of the ARK community and they do deserve a ton. However, since these maps were originally free on the workshop, making them cost money wouldn't seem really logical as people would just play the modded version.

1. Managarmar is breedable...that is why is op.

2. Inferior...in a very obvious way. Map quality upon release. Map stability upon release. Map size upon release. Map arena design upon release.

The only not inferior Payed DLC thing that has over this "free maps" is a few tek weapons...and even then most of them can be unlocked in this free maps anyways. with the exceptions of a few.

3. This maps were free as they were in progress of being built. We were playing them for free because we were also free testers. But they should be payed DLC when they are finished. Just because of how polish they are compared to the poorly polish current Payed DLCs ark releases. 

I mean, Genesis has still...boss issues, mission issues, and a few more.

Scorched earth was never finished... (even though they created a false narrative about this argument by adding some extra story details in notes after people started complaining).

Also a very lame map. its one big biome. and they charge 20.

The island still very unstable compared to new maps.

New chibis can only be equiped if you buy all the DLCs....How is it that no one is complaning about that?? That one is some B$ lol

I rest my case lol

crystal wyverns are breedable, but you can't pod them and you have to deal with all the old bugs that pods fixed. Wyvern stuck in the floor? gotta bust up the floor. Wyvern imprint wants to go for a walk but won't imprint no matter how far you walk them? good luck. Want a server that isn't tame capped? good luck. Want a server where people aren't building huge bases to store wyverns they can't pod and causing increased lag? good luck. Wanna tame a crystal wyvern? most are bugged, good luck.

I wouldn't even ask for all wyverns to be breedable until Wildcard can make crystal wyverns work properly, otherwise they'll probably break old wyverns as well. 

Archived