epic games launcher [EPIC] Question about dedicated servers

crimetape

[EPIC] Question about dedicated servers

First, I want to preface this by saying do not tell me how to play with steam users, I do not care to play with Steam users. I literally only want to play with my husband who also got the free version from Epic.

I would like to create a dedicated server for Ark on the Epic version. My husband and I both got the free version and want to play together. I have looked through the entire Ark master post but that only talks about "crossplay" which, again, I am not interested in.

So, can someone PLEASE tell me how two Epic Games Store players can play Ark together on a dedicated server?

Well I suppose the first question is where are you planning on putting up the server at?

After that, it's going to come right down to configuration options and settings for the most part.

Looking at the file package, it appears the dedicated server options are right in the EGS Ark client, so you could use that, but it's going to take up a lot of unnecessary space.  An alternative would be to download the Steam version of the dedicated server. Then you're going to be using basically the same settings and configuration for startup.
The argument you would want to add is "-epiconly" (enables Epic Game Store only players to connect to the Dedicated Server)

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Well I suppose the first question is where are you planning on putting up the server at?

After that, it's going to come right down to configuration options and settings for the most part.

Looking at the file package, it appears the dedicated server options are right in the EGS Ark client, so you could use that, but it's going to take up a lot of unnecessary space.  An alternative would be to download the Steam version of the dedicated server. Then you're going to be using basically the same settings and configuration for startup.
The argument you would want to add is "-epiconly" (enables Epic Game Store only players to connect to the Dedicated Server)

Trying to do it from in-game causes the game to close and open the EGS Launcher.  I'd be fine with a non-dedicated as well.  Can I not do dedicated from the one I'm playing as?

You start ShooterGame.exe and go to host / local, set the settings you need (see youtube), start a dedicated server.
The game will close and most likely nothing will happen. 
Go to the \ ARKSurvivalEvolved \ ShooterGame \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsServer folder and check if the files with the settings for the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini server appeared in it. Just check.
Then go to the \ ARKSurvivalEvolved \ ShooterGame \ Binaries \ Win64 folder and create there the StartMyServerForplayWithMyHusband.txt text file and open it with notepad. Write in the file:

start ShooterGameServer.exe "TheIsland? SessionName = NAME? QueryPort = 27015? Port = 7777? MaxPlayers = 4? listen" -epiconly
exit

Write the map that you need. And maxplayers too. Other settings of this file are googled easily if you really need to. But it’s very important to prescribe -crossplay or -epiconly.
Close the file. Change the extension .txt to .bat
Launch ShooterGame.exe. Waiting for the game to load. And then launch your bat file. The server boot process should begin. It may take several minutes. After sign "success" or something look for your server in "unoficial". Then start it. Then play. If you cannot access your dedicated server with the same computer, you need to enable a NAT-loopback in addition to port forwarding (tcp/udp 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020) on router.

1 hour ago, Blindbloodycat said:

You start ShooterGame.exe and go to host / local, set the settings you need (see youtube), start a dedicated server.
The game will close and most likely nothing will happen. 
Go to the \ ARKSurvivalEvolved \ ShooterGame \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsServer folder and check if the files with the settings for the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini server appeared in it. Just check.
Then go to the \ ARKSurvivalEvolved \ ShooterGame \ Binaries \ Win64 folder and create there the StartMyServerForplayWithMyHusband.txt text file and open it with notepad. Write in the file:

start ShooterGameServer.exe "TheIsland? SessionName = BSS? QueryPort = 27015? Port = 7777? MaxPlayers = 4? listen" -crossplay -epiconly -UseVivox
exit

Close the file. Change the extension .txt to .bat
Launch ShooterGame.exe. Waiting for the game to load. And then launch your bat file. The server boot process should begin. It may take several minutes. After sign "success" or something look for your server in "unoficial". Then start it. Then play. If you cannot access your dedicated server with the same computer, you need to enable a NAT-loopback in addition to port forwarding (tcp/udp 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020) on router.

Hi @crimetape, Did this work for you? My brother and I just got the epic version too. We've been trying to make the non-dedicated/dedicated server work the whole day but it just gives the error "connection timed out"

14 minutes ago, Cloud1013 said:

Hi @crimetape, Did this work for you? My brother and I just got the epic version too. We've been trying to make the non-dedicated/dedicated server work the whole day but it just gives the error "connection timed out"

same it gives the same error and I cant even find the dedicated server in the server browser can you send the nat loopback video tutorial pls

13 minutes ago, EmirhanGamer71 said:

how to you turn on nat loopback

Depends on the model of the router. Check your own. In my case, the ability to enable the NAT-loopback is for each port that I open, or/and through the enable DMZ. I do not realy know how the NAT-loopback functions, I don't realy know how the DMZ functions, but it exactly worked in my case.

4 hours ago, Pelagis said:

I'm our network admin.

This method did not work. Launched the batch file, waited, never got any kind of confirmation of success. Looked in unofficial servers, nothing.

This won't work for Epics version of the game.

I have exactly Epics version of the game. but of course, troubles can be covered anywhere. if the server freezes at the boot stage, then you probably need to look for the problem somewhere else. someone say installing the C++ 2015 fresh redistributable helped.
or just wait. it takes about 5 minutes to load the server on ssd for me.

Archived