Epic Game Launcher does not launch ARK

Sakutera

19 hours ago, M2K said:

Hi!

Same Problem here.

Installed without issues. On Startup I can hear 1-2 seconds music and it crashes without a message.

What I tried so far:

.) Installed latest C++ redistributions

.) removed and reinstalled the Epic Launcher

.) Verified Installation within Epic Launcher

.) Disabled Fullscreen optimizations

.) Installed DLC (was hoping for a inbuild patch)

.) removed and reinstalled ARK

.) Latest Graphicsdriver installed.

.) Frags is not (has never been) installed

Any other Game in Epic I own works flawlessly.

My Config:

CPU: Intel i7-7700K@4.20GHz

RAM 32GB

Grafics: Nvidia 1070

Win 10 Pro 1909

Win Build: 18363.900

Suggestions welcome.

THX!

I'm having the exact same issue as M2K and NoSystemWorks.

I've followed this post all of yesterday repeating the steps above but ALSO reinstalling a fresh copy of windows overnight and reinstalling every single c++ redist from 2005-2019
Although on my main computer it works flawlessly...This is affecting more people than are commenting.

I even tried NoSystemWorks' method of deleting line 72 of DefaultEngine.ini "DefaultPlatformService=SteamEOSComposite" and got the exact same result of the splash screen actually appearing and the game beginning to load with which it reaches an error.

I'd love to know if the admins/devs are even working on this issue? 2 seconds of sound and then the launcher acts as if the game was never launched.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Might be clutching at straws here, but wondering if this is only affecting Australians (I am)?  I have seen two other forum names that indicate they are from Australia.  

PS: I also got the same result as @nosystemworks when deleting the DefaultEngine.ini "DefaultPlatformService=SteamEOSComposite" line.

42 minutes ago, NeoDudus said:

Hi All,

Might be clutching at straws here, but wondering if this is only affecting Australians (I am)?  I have seen two other forum names that indicate they are from Australia.  

PS: I also got the same result as @nosystemworks when deleting the DefaultEngine.ini "DefaultPlatformService=SteamEOSComposite" line.

Hi Neo, 

Yes I am in fact also Australian. I would be amazed if this a culprit!

On 6/14/2020 at 4:11 AM, Awien said:

Searched for the solution for 2 hours. To get mine to work I downloaded the microsoft c++ redistributables. For some reason I didnt have them and this fixed my issue.

Can confirm this fixed the issue for my computer my sons computer and also my brothers we are now Able to play ark after updating the Microsoft c++ redistributables.

Thanks for that 

I've verified the game several times (most of the times it doesn't do anything, one time it triggered a 5GB download) and re-installed two times. I've tried updating vcredist, uninstalling and installing one at a time, different combinations, only x64, only x86, both x64/x86.

@NeoDudus I'm from Sweden, so I don't think it's location based. 

Edit: I got the update (~97MB) just now and it made the sound go on for another second or two, but then it crashed as normal again. Well, normal... You know what I mean. :D

The issue is not location based as I'm having the same issue from the UK. I've moved all my ARK files from steam to Epic Games and will let you know the results.

Edit: Launched the game from Epic Games after moving all files from the Steam file and the game launches perfectly fine. However it still thinks it's being launched from Steam and so when I exit steam the game exits too.

Edit: REMOVED steam folders SteamCMD, Steamworks and steam_appid.txt and steamclient64.dll giving me the same 2 second launch with sound as before. This MUST be a steam related issue where the files are expected to be there.

Wait, so removing the folders vital for Steam to speak to the game made the Steam version behave as our Epic Games version? Doesn't that mean we're missing folders vital for Epic Games to speak to the game in our version? Well... maybe not, if that were the case then everybody should have this problem. Sorry, didn't think that one through.

It didn't work, what I was trying to show is that it is an issue with the game not having the same files as steam. For some reason the steam version works for me but the Epic Games version does not. Simply put, taking away 3 of the 4 files I talked about in my previous post makes the game load for 2 seconds with sound and then crash.

Edit: I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the "Steamworks Common Redistributables" I think by deleting the line "DefaultPlatformService=SteamEOSComposite" it severs the connection between the game and the files associated, which is why some people find that downloading the Microsoft C++ updates fixes their problem. Perhaps uninstalling this or just messing around with this will do something. Will update if I get results but please can you guys look into this too, I think I'm onto something.

• Administrator

We pushed another update in the early hours which added some additional files, wondering if that has made a difference for you guys?

Also, just for my sanity could you try the following, head to this directory: ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor open up GameUserSettings.ini in notepad, search for FullscreenMode and change that to 1. Save and try launching. 

Maybe the difference between me and others that have installed 2015-2019 , but still have the same problem is that that group does not have the steam version installed.

The steam version installs 2010/2012/2013 vc redistributables automatically via Steam Works.

Maybe that group might want to try to also install the older versions.

image.thumb.png.18055d4541005c0e98e46f097713af63.png

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Sakutera said:

Maybe the difference between me and others that have installed 2015-2019 , but still have the same problem is that that group does not have the steam version installed.

The steam version installs 2010/2012/2013 vc redistributables automatically via Steam Works.

That's a fair point. Those having the issue, are you able to see if you've got these installed too?

49 minutes ago, nosystemworks said:

Are you refering to the update that brought me up to "311.100.Win" then I'm sorry to say the problem persists! My GameUserSettings.ini is empty. Should I... uh... Add FullscreenMode=1 anyway? Or should I slowly back away from it?

Try this: https://pastebin.com/JcnyBb5M

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

We pushed another update in the early hours which added some additional files, wondering if that has made a difference for you guys?

Also, just for my sanity could you try the following, head to this directory: ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor open up GameUserSettings.ini in notepad, search for FullscreenMode and change that to 1. Save and try launching. 

Sorry Jat, the file is empty because all of us haven't actually been to the main menu screen yet.
I even copied an existing GameUserSettings.ini from my sister's working computer and made sure FullscreenMode is set to 1 and it honestly seems like the sound lasted for another 2 seconds and then it stopped once more.

Also Sakutera I thought the same thing so I installed Steam and created a new account hoping maybe it might.

I also have installed every c++ redist and DX setup in order from earlier to latest e.g redist 2008 x64, then 2010 x64...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Yes Jat I'm more than happy for you to debug this computer to find the issue, I've reached max posts per day (2) so I couldn't reply immediately sorry, could you PM me at all?

Discord: Auz#6827

Capture.JPG

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Auzkiee said:

Sorry Jat, the file is empty because all of us haven't actually been to the main menu screen yet.
I even copied an existing GameUserSettings.ini from my sister's working computer and made sure FullscreenMode is set to 1 and it honestly seems like the sound lasted for another 2 seconds and then it stopped once more.

Also Sakutera I thought the same thing so I installed Steam and created a new account hoping maybe it might.

I also have installed every c++ redist and DX setup in order from earlier to latest e.g redist 2008 x64, then 2010 x64...

Capture.JPG

Would you be willing to let an engineer of ours debug ya directly? 

54 minutes ago, Sakutera said:

I have all the way back to 2005 so i dont think thats it lol. I didnt think you could have them that far back lol.

Untitled.png

39 minutes ago, VentiDepresso said:

has anyone found a solution to this problem ive tried all above listed solutions and nothing has worked im also curious if any of you have avg or avast antivirus

EDIT:also what other games do you have installed im wondering if having a certain game installed is causing this

CPU: Intel i7-7820X
RAM 64GB
Graphics: Nvidia 1080ti
Win 10 Pro 1909
Win Build: 18363.900

fresh install 28th may, latest nvidia drivers
Using the default Windows Defender

I have currently no other games installed as i freshly installed.

Created the Epic Games account last week.

Ive been having the same issues.  So just to add some other "fixes" to all those mentioned above that didnt pan out:

Tried all the above.  Also tried various earlier graphics card drivers  (GTX 970), and tried swapping out the graphics card.  (Ark worked using both graphics cards in my sons machine, neither graphics card ran it on my machine)

Tried running compatibilty mode for all versions of Windows from Vista to 10.

DSIM cleanup of windows files, no change

I do get the message come up on battl eye saying "(INFO) blocked file D:/epic games/........./ shootergame.exe" ---- tried running without battl eye still get 2 secs of music followed by a whole load of nothing.

Thought it might be because im running from the D drive - uninstalled and installed on the C drive - still no dice.

Specs:   i7-4770K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 970 OC 4Gb, Windows 10 Pro (1909) - although the latest version (2004) is now being offered going to install that overnight see if it helps.

AV installed - Malwarebytes and Windows Security. 

Heres the error log ... is this the right place to post it?

Blanked out the bit that said Password and Epic ID .... just in case its sensitive ?

Log file open, 06/17/20 01:11:54
LogHAL:Warning: FWindowsPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle('aqProf.dll') failed with LastError = 126
LogHAL:Warning: FWindowsPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle('VtuneApi.dll') failed with LastError = 126
LogHAL:Warning: FWindowsPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle('VtuneApi32e.dll') failed with LastError = 126
LogConsoleManager:Warning: Console object named 'r.SSS.Scale' already exists but is being registered again, but we weren't expected it to be! (FConsoleManager::AddConsoleObject)
LogInit: Version: 4.5.1-0+UE4
LogInit: API Version: 0
LogInit: Compiled (64-bit): Jun 16 2020 15:23:31
LogInit: Compiled with Visual C++: 18.00.40629.00
LogInit: Build Configuration: Shipping
LogInit: Branch Name: UE4
LogInit: Command line: -AUTH_LOGIN=unused -AUTH_PASSWORD=**********************    -AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode -epicapp=***************** -epicenv=Prod -EpicPortal  -epicusername="XarasVII" -epicuserid=**************************** -epiclocale=en
LogInit: Base directory: D:/Games/Epic Games/ARKSurvivalEvolved/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/
LogInit: Rocket: 0
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:443][  0]LogTaskGraph: Started task graph with 4 named threads and 7 total threads with 1 sets of task threads.
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:476][  0]LogOnline:Display: STEAM: Loading Steam SDK 1.32
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUtils() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUser() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamFriends() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamRemoteStorage() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUserStats() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmakingServers() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamApps() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamNetworking() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmaking() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUGC() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamInventory() failed!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline: STEAM: [AppId: 0] Client API initialized 0
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:511][  0]LogOnline:Warning: Unable to create OnlineSubsystem module Steam
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:787][  0]LogOnline:Error: EOS: EOSSDK-LogEOS: Invalid CacheDirectory supplied in platform options, Path: D:/Files & Documents/Documents/CacheDirectory, Error: Cache directory path is invalid
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:787][  0]LogOnline:Error: EOS: FOnlineSubsystemEOS: failed to init EOS platform
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:787][  0]LogOnline:Warning: EOS: EOS API failed to initialize!
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:821][  0]LogOnline:Warning: Unable to create OnlineSubsystem module EOS
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:822][  0]LogOnline:Warning: Unable to create OnlineSubsystem module SteamEOSComposite
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:822][  0]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:822][  0] - FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2020.06.17-00.11.54:822][  0]Log file closed, 06/17/20 01:11:54

Archived