Problem with the version of the ARK from Epic Games

GolD1ss

"a work around for not being able to directly connect to a server on EGS is joining a single player game and running the command; open <ip:port>
It works. I started a single player under "host/local" opened console (TAB) and typed (open 192.168.0.1:7777 password) without epsilons on my wifes computer using copy from her Epic games library. And she was able to connect to my dedicated. note, just used generic ip for example, replace with the ip of your server. using server manager, to setup up my server and using the server args -crossplay." This I found on a Reddit post,I don't deserve the credits.You can check it out yourself here : https://www.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/h79558/epic_store_ark_master_post/
In other words,create your server with Ark Server Manager,put the command lines "-epiconly -crossplay" AND DONT PUT A PASSWORD,start your server,open Ark: Survival Evolved,host a single player world(the map doesnt matter) then press TAB to open the command chat and in there write "open 192.168.0.1:7777"(replace this with your server ip) and press enter.After that,you will sucessfully connect to your server.

If you just want to connect to a friend's server,then all you have to do is : Host a single player world(the map doesnt matter,it doenst have to be the same as the server that you want to connect),press TAB to open the console and in there write "open 192.168.0.1:7777"(replace this with the ip of the server that you want to connect)

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, CookieGra said:

Server manager downloads version 311.94 but the game on egs has version 311.81. How to choose server version in server manager? I can't find it anywhere. sorry for my English. this is not my native language

That should not be an issue.

Server version and client version can be different on the minor version number, so long as the major version number is the same.   If it was 311 vs 312, then that would be a problem. 

Sometimes, if a fix/change only impacts the server version of the game, then only the server version gets updated.  Same if a fix/change impacts just the client version, then only the client version gets updated.

There's an argument you may need to put into your server if he's on Steam and you're on Epic.

-crossplay

I don't know exactly where to put this, but there are articles/videos out there with more info!

If you guys need a crossplay enabled server to avoid the headache, here's my server on Crystal Isles. "Quarantine 42: 20,000 AC (After COVID)" - https://server-qyffsugh.arkers.io/

• 2 months later...

Archived