Timeout in Non-Dedicated Session - Epic Games

SaltyRabbid

Just downloaded this game on Epic Games and every time I try to play a non-dedicated session with friends, nobody can connect no matter who tries to create the game. We always get a 'Timeout' error and if we use Shift+F3 to invite other players, the same issue happens. Please help! 

On 6/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, SaltyRabbid said:

Just downloaded this game on Epic Games and every time I try to play a non-dedicated session with friends, nobody can connect no matter who tries to create the game. We always get a 'Timeout' error and if we use Shift+F3 to invite other players, the same issue happens. Please help! 

I found a solution

the host must port forward for others to be able to join, this solved my issue. 

1 hour ago, FlashLight said:

I found a solution

the host must port forward for others to be able to join, this solved my issue. 

Thats all well and good for you. but sadly me and a friend have been trying that and many other 'solutions' all week and as of yet there is no way for either of us to join eachothers Non-dedicated servers. Its became very frustrating as although ARK have tweeted about fixes to the game its not about this issue. And that was 3 days ago...

Finally figured it out!

All you have to do is open the 7777 port on your router! Works like a charm. I had the connection problem before I did that. My friend could not connect to me. However, I saw that some people were able to have several people in a single non dedicated session. I joined one of these sessions, and the owner of that non-dedicated session kindly told me how to fix the issue. Now my friend can easily connect to non dedicated sessions without trouble.

I can't believe it was as simple as port forwarding! xD

2 hours ago, thebluedragon17 said:

Finally figured it out!

All you have to do is open the 7777 port on your router! Works like a charm. I had the connection problem before I did that. My friend could not connect to me. However, I saw that some people were able to have several people in a single non dedicated session. I joined one of these sessions, and the owner of that non-dedicated session kindly told me how to fix the issue. Now my friend can easily connect to non dedicated sessions without trouble.

I can't believe it was as simple as port forwarding! xD

how is this done please? i have my port forwarding page open on my bt smart hub 2 but there is a few boxes that require input?

Stop blaming ark guys. Even though epic games says we should ask the developer, that is false. The developer has nothing to do with this, but epic games has never been the best publisher imo. Tbh I don't know what we could do.. I use a cloud gaming service called shadow, but this means I do not have access to my router.. port forwarding is no option, so I guess it will be buying the game on steam.

Archived