Not Enough Disk Space

Wikk

Not Enough Disk Space

So basically why does ark say it needs 220+ gigs, only says its downloading 45 on the steam downloads page and yet it takes up almost my entire 500 GB SSD? I cleared the amount needed when first downloading and the game downloaded fine, besides taking up 220 gigs and not 45. I still had over 100 gigs left and I start to install the crystal isles DLC only to get "Not Enough Disk Space." I'm very confused because I've gone through all of my folders and ark seems to be taking up 300 gigs. I now have no space left and Dont know what to do. I've ran programs like CCleaner to get rid of any un-wanted files and it gave me about 10 extra gigs only to lose all of that to the DLC in less than a minute. Anyone have this problem?

This image below is right after crystal isles has downloaded. I now only have 3 GB left on my SSD. (yes i have other games like destiny 2 and CSGO on my SSD, ARK does not take up 500 GB, however it still takes up WAYYYYYYYY more than said needed. Crystal isles doesn't need 80 Gigs of storage from what I've seen of it.)

21ce74b3c7e2cd117816c27ca6a105f1.png

During patching (edit: and after downloading, it extracts files) Ark can take up way more space (sometimes over 100GB more). What will help is setting another location for steam installs. Updates use that as well.

Go to steam options, go to downloads, click on steam library folders and add a library folder on a drive with a lot of empty space.

Archived