Crystal Wyvern flying speed

Fresiki

Crystal Wyvern flying speed

So a little while before the release, a Youtuber went through some of the creatures on CI, and showed the crystal wyverns. I remember they seemed ultra fast. Like, way faster than a regular wyvern. Was that my eyes playing tricks on me or did they change that? Because according to the wiki now, they actually have way less movement speed than a regular wyvern. Like, noticably less. So that got me thinking "well maybe they get a movement speed bonus from imprinting like snow owls do" and so that's my question. Is that a thing or are they actually slower than their bulkier big brothers and sisters? That makes absolutely no sense. I dunno what I expected but I'm trying to understand why I would even want a regular crystal wyvern. Am I missing something?

The youtuber was showing the mod version of the map, and yes they were ultra fast and could have their speed levelled because they were a modded creature so it was 100% nailed on it was going to be nerfed, as for imprinting I'm not sure as I've not tamed one on the official release, they're a passive tame so you can't imprint them unless they've made them breedable, on the mod they were breedable (could've been another mod I had installed that made them able to breed, been a long time so can't remember) but guessing like regular wyverns you won't be able to breed them

6 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

The youtuber was showing the mod version of the map, and yes they were ultra fast and could have their speed levelled because they were a modded creature so it was 100% nailed on it was going to be nerfed, as for imprinting I'm not sure as I've not tamed one on the official release, they're a passive tame so you can't imprint them unless they've made them breedable, on the mod they were breedable (could've been another mod I had installed that made them able to breed, been a long time so can't remember) but guessing like regular wyverns you won't be able to breed them

The Wiki was suddenly updated with tons of info like spawn maps and stuff. I dunno where it gets that information from, but the article for Crystal Wyverns says they're breedable. The was no article for them a week or two ago, so it's added recently along with a bunch of other information that doesn't correspond with the mod version. Based on this I assume the information is correct and that you can breed them. Maybe that's what they'll be good for, with 20 health and damage mutations it might be a contender to regular wyverns, I dunno.

I know it was a modded creature, but still. I just expected it to be a little bit faster than a regular wyvern, based on it being smaller and therefore looks more agile. Even if it was only just as fast as a regular wyvern, it would still be a viable alternative. Right now I don't see myself even bothering to get one.

Yeah, no, the premise for this thread is wrong, I jumped to conclusions. I was trying to figure out whether I should start planning out breeding these or not before actually doing it. I don't like spawning in things so I usually don't do that, but so I ended spawning one in just to see, and it is indeed much faster. Not sure why the Wiki states they are the same speed.

They are way faster than regular Wyverns, and they have smaller turning radius compared to regular ones. Also tropical gets even more flying speed when it touches the water and with that speed you can outrun basically everything except breed managarmr. But with the release of Crystal Wyverns, normal Wyverns will be outdated and there's no reason to use them over Crystal ones. 

44 minutes ago, Akarulez said:

They are way faster than regular Wyverns, and they have smaller turning radius compared to regular ones. Also tropical gets even more flying speed when it touches the water and with that speed you can outrun basically everything except breed managarmr. But with the release of Crystal Wyverns, normal Wyverns will be outdated and there's no reason to use them over Crystal ones. 

Agreed on almost every point, except.

- Wyverns have higher stats at birth. Once you have a bred line, sure, but until then (aka. for many months to come), an imprinted regular wyvern will still have better stats. Gonna keep using regular wyverns for, say, Desert Titan.
- Lightning wyvern. None of the new breaths seem to compete with it when it comes to clearing stuff. I will still use a lightning wyvern to go kill stuff to force new Managarmr spawns on extinction.

On 6/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, Fresiki said:

Agreed on almost every point, except.

- Wyverns have higher stats at birth. Once you have a bred line, sure, but until then (aka. for many months to come), an imprinted regular wyvern will still have better stats. Gonna keep using regular wyverns for, say, Desert Titan.
- Lightning wyvern. None of the new breaths seem to compete with it when it comes to clearing stuff. I will still use a lightning wyvern to go kill stuff to force new Managarmr spawns on extinction.

already have a tamed blood crystal with 9442hp and 358md.  It's pretty much a given we'll have better crystal wyverns very soon.

Archived