ARK Survival of the Fittest ascends onto PS4 on July the 19th

Jatheish

4 hours ago, BravoXCompany said:

hahaha i knew the xbox users would have a field day with this post. i understand though, im guessing it has something to do with the ps4's superior hardware.

And yet it will still be running on the same Engine AND resolution. The difference between consoles is so small that it doesnt even matter. The only ones that make it seem like they are light years apart are you hardcore fanboys.

The writers at GameRant aren't all that credible to begin with and really need to get their facts straight before publishing a news story like the one involving this content. They come off as a bunch of misinformed PS4 fanboys with an agenda to fuel the fires of a petty console war otherwise. I am relieved that Wildcard responded so quickly to the concerns of Xbox One owners as I own one.

4 minutes ago, N7_Sinner said:

The writers at GameRant aren't all that credible to begin with and really need to get their facts straight before publishing a news story like the one involving this content. They come off as a bunch of misinformed PS4 fanboys with an agenda to fuel the fires of a petty console war otherwise. I am relieved that Wildcard responded so quickly to the concerns of Xbox One owners as I own one.

Wildcard didn't come out with their explanation until another wildcard employee said Sony paid for this situation though. Which lines right up with gamerants article. I'm still not exactly sure what the situation is. I'm hoping it wasn't just damage control but business is business. It would surprise me if it was. 

Edited by Rickyh24

We've gotten to play this game for 6 months while PS4 gamers had to drool so if they get SOTF for a few months before us let them have it they still aren't gonna be as good at the game as any Xbone player wait till they try to use the scroll wheel on that crappy PS4 controller lol. I hope they make it cross play so we can smoke some PS4 fanboys. That would make my day :) 

Edited by Shebeatsyoui

19 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

From a former game tester and huge fan of this game and company, forgive me if this just sounds like damage control. 

You say your reason for releasing sotf on ps4 before SE was to test coding? Fine, seems reasonable. But that does not explain why it would not launch simultaniously on xbox, whos coding already works fine. 

In other words, I see why the order of release is happening on ps4, I just havent seen a valid reason for a delay on xbox. Seems discouraging, as droves of people ran away from Bungie for going this direction. I am a gamer and love this game, but if it becomes a tinkle match between content one console gets over another, you will lose a large player base. We already dont get a lot of content and control that pc gets, if the consoles arent treated equal, it will set a bad future presedent.

Did i miss something or they didn't actually say its coming out on PS4 first it just says july 19. So what if XBone gets it next week? Maybe i read a different article. No release date for Xbone yet for SOTF that I can find. Mite be coming sooner boys and girls. I personally would rather the game work as intended before I give a flying crap about SOTF.

20 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

I really hope we are getting xbox exclusive unicorns, that would be epic :D

Ark is such a cool game, Xbox users were excited for this because we as people expect equality we still lack it in the real world and here's a issue that will keep on going until maybe us Xbox users might even riot because PS4 has more benefits like why is this? OK but back to the point we Xbox users were excited for ark because it was a cool game but more importantly it was an exclusive a good exclusive we don't get those anymore and we'll ark devs really raptored us over here :( why? I love this game? Us Xbox users are the black people (it's an example) and the PS4 users are the white guys. The PS4 have more rights and equality than Xbox users. 

I'm a xbox user and I don't mind this the big news is on YouTube we are getting a awesome mod (probably added as a dlc) but one that revives the game it looks like new items and a new map to play! We have had a decent time with ark and if this is what they decide then it has to be good for the company and there for good for us, the bad news could have been the game is canceled then we would be out a finished game and 35 dollars bc we knew that was a risk when first purchasing the game! :-) so hope to see the new stuff soon and good job wild card and all those associated with the making of this game!

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Street said:

I'm a xbox user and I don't mind this the big news is on YouTube we are getting a awesome mod (probably added as a dlc) but one that revives the game it looks like new items and a new map to play! We have had a decent time with ark and if this is what they decide then it has to be good for the company and there for good for us, the bad news could have been the game is canceled then we would be out a finished game and 35 dollars bc we knew that was a risk when first purchasing the game! :-) so hope to see the new stuff soon and good job wild card and all those associated with the making of this game!

There are two mods on the horizon for Xbox One players. The first one will be the map known as The Centre, coming in May, and the second one is the Primitive Plus mod that will be coming at a later date.