ARK Survival of the Fittest ascends onto PS4 on July the 19th

Jatheish

4 hours ago, DemonLordCronos said:

Im on ps4 and could care less about SOTF I just wanna play the main game alone and explore. Timed exclusives happen all the time everyone relax, besides watching xbox users on twitch has helped me learn which dinos are the most useful.

Think of it as practice to how the mechanics work, what weapons are good, and guide to taming.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

Thank you for clearing this up for everyone. I'm not going to ask about an ETA for SOTF on Xbox One because I know you guys follow up after giving your word. So I'll be patient. But I would like to know if the Xbox version will also include the Suvivor League so me and my friends can try to play on a professional level? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

Edited by RebornPrince923
typo

39 minutes ago, FinishingMink13 said:

Struggling? Stop being an ungrateful jerk, the game is amazing but they need to market as widely as possible if they want to make a good profit.

Way to miss the point. Stop being an idiot. It's a slap in the face for Xbox users to have to wait longer. Especially If it's because of a pay day.  I never said anything about the game not being amazing. If you don't notice bugs and performance issues then you need to get the blinders off. 

Edited by Rickyh24

42 minutes ago, JokerTM said:

Well, the Xbox players fund the developement of ARK, so yeah Xbox should get it first.

What about the pc players? Did they not fund it to be released onto xbox? 

I understand your point though, but we've gotta remember money doesn't just appear.

That being said I would like to see it on xbox soon, but Jeremy aka Drake has said we will be getting an announcement about something over the weekend.

• Volunteer Moderator
51 minutes ago, JokerTM said:

Well, the Xbox players fund the developement of ARK, so yeah Xbox should get it first.

That's not really a fair statement. Should ps4 players have the ability to do so they would certainly have wanted to pay for the game. As it is they are getting the free SOTF client for now to be followed up with the paid Survival Evolved client at a later date, while Xbox One users who already paid for and own Survival Evolved can get the SOTF client later on.

12 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

Hey Jer,

it better be primitive hardcore servers or else...or else, you know what!

Some of us been asking for it for months now. My tribe stopped playing completely until primitive hardcore will be up :(

3 hours ago, JokerTM said:

100% agree add in the fact that the PC users on Steam have got discounts on it a number of times and I was made aware they got it for something like $15 at some points.  So yes Xbox has been a  large fraction of what has allowed this game to grow so rapidly.  How Xbox could be passed over and not got something before Playstation is a load of BS and one that will make me rethink my support of a company that isn't being loyal to it's current customers.

3 minutes ago, JuicedMachine said:

100% agree add in the fact that the PC users on Steam have got discounts on it a number of times and I was made aware they got it for something like $15 at some points.  So yes Xbox has been a  large fraction of what has allowed this game to grow so rapidly.  How Xbox could be passed over and not got something before Playstation is a load of BS and one that will make me rethink my support of a company that isn't being loyal to it's current customers.

They already have 95 percent of the money they are getting from the Xbox user base. I'm sure that made this decision a lot easier. 

1 hour ago, BravoXCompany said:

hahaha i knew the xbox users would have a field day with this post. i understand though, im guessing it has something to do with the ps4's superior hardware.

It's not even the full ark game. The full ark game is running on Xbox one already. How could it have anything to do with the ps4s hardware?

I saw the comments and the only think i can say is.....STOP THE CRYING!!!
Bunch of babes...selfish people!

The game is already released on XBOX is been months, they are also updating the game!

Now on the first announcement of something for PS4, they cry like babes, "we should get it first because we support"!

PS4 player who have been waiting for play this game cannot play until the release!

I bet that, if they post something about SOTF releasing first on XBOX they will all be smiling!!

This is just a feature of the main game, that once again, XBOX users already have, and are crying about it! 

40 minutes ago, Hazorwind said:

I saw the comments and the only think i can say is.....STOP THE CRYING!!!
Bunch of babes...selfish people!

The game is already released on XBOX is been months, they are also updating the game!

Now on the first announcement of something for PS4, they cry like babes, "we should get it first because we support"!

PS4 player who have been waiting for play this game cannot play until the release!

I bet that, if they post something about SOTF releasing first on XBOX they will all be smiling!!

This is just a feature of the main game, that once again, XBOX users already have, and are crying about it! 

It's not Xbox users fault sony doesn't have a game preview program! 

2 hours ago, Hazorwind said:

I don't believe this is part of the main game anymore. On pc it's now a standalone game and looks like the same on ps4. I can imagine this will also be the case for xbox once it's released.