ARK Survival of the Fittest ascends onto PS4 on July the 19th

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

Think what you will but me personally i am not buying it. Said tests could of easily be done with the core game. AS we have been doing so from day one.

There's a lot less resources to factor in with the SOTF expansion than the core game. The lack of engram points, difference in available dinosaurs, and overall different structure of the map should be clear enough indicators for that.

7 minutes ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

Think what you will but me personally i am not buying it. Said tests could of easily be done with the core game. AS we have been doing so from day one.

That's understandable, maybe I'm too trusting of what wildcard say or maybe it's the best information we've got to go on. 

Yes we have been doing it since release onto xbox helping develop the game for full release as a community.

How can they possibly do this for playstation? As Jeremy has explained this seems to be the most viable method to get the game ready for full release with wildcards current abilities.

5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

There's a lot less resources to factor in with the SOTF expansion than the core game. The lack of engram points, difference in available dinosaurs, and overall different structure of the map should be clear enough indicators for that.

The indicators can be hard to see when we don't have the game version to experience this ;)

1 minute ago, EvilChaosDX said:

That's understandable, maybe I'm too trusting of what wildcard say or maybe it's the best information we've got to go on. 

Yes we have been doing it since release onto xbox helping develop the game for full release as a community.

How can they possibly do this for playstation? As Jeremy has explained this seems to be the most viable method to get the game ready for full release with wildcards current abilities.

Didn't another wild card founder already say Sony paid for this though? 

Oh my lord! They've said that it WILL be coming to Xbox one. What's with millennials these days? Thinking everything is owed to them and over reacting if they feel slighted. You are not getting screwed.

Then theres the part of where you are essentially participating in a beta and complaining about bugs. Content will still be added, things will still be optimized and polished.

Okay so the PS4 crew will not be getting Survival evolved on June??? Instead they will be getting SOTF on July 19th. Ill take back what i said then and i am sorry that i kinda overreacted. I guess its only fair they get SOTF first seeing a how they have been waiting for a long while to get their hands on Ark. One again i do Apologize for acting like an entitled S.O.B!

Just gonna add my say....

First, I don't mind PS4 getting SoTF before us XBOX users, what I'm peeved about is that there's not even anything said about when it will be released to XBOX. Seeing as we've help fund it over the past few months.

Kinda like a kick in the teeth not even mentioning XBOX (not even a coming soon) >:(

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

It's been clarified twice with two different reasons. 

No idea what the deal is. Biggest thing to takeaway out of this is the full game is not being released in June. 

Mind telling me what the reasons are, I havent seen them anywhere.  And obviously the big deal is that they are obviously pushing the release date back, which i dont think is really a shock or anything.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Bloodshok said:

Mind telling me what the reasons are, I havent seen them anywhere.  And obviously the big deal is that they are obviously pushing the release date back, which i dont think is really a shock or anything.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sojf04

Hey Survivors!

Seems like someone ran a Beast Within event ;). We just wanted to assure you guys that both versions of ARK will be released on all platforms. Yeah, that means ARK: Survival Evolved will release on PS4 and ARK: Survival of the Fittest will be released on Xbox One! In the mean while, we'll be able to bring a piece of the ARK Universe to every platform so no matter the type of gamer you are, you'll be able to experience and play in the ARK world.

We strategically made the decision to initially release the two games on different platforms because we believe it is the most effective and efficient development process for our Studio. We have a ton of people working on both games across platforms - this can lead to a number of issues, people stepping on each others toes and a lot of wires getting mixed up. You guys even know how sometimes we mix up Xbox and PC. Going forward, we'll be able to effectively develop across all 3 platforms, respond to player feedback and further optimize the game. This is better for all ARK players in the long run!

Throughout the weekend there will be interviews and possibly posts from other SW developers explaining this more from a technical aspect, so keep your eyes out for them if you're more interested in reading about that. Though, that's pretty much the gist of it.

So don't worry, you guys will all be getting a chance to play the ARK you want to play and that's not all, we've got a lot more to announce this year. Wildcard is still going full-steam ahead and we're going to be pushing optimization, content, patches, events, and a whole lot of Dinosaur fun along the way! Thank you for all your support and enthusiasm about our games, and definitely tune into our PAX stream this weekend to hear some more exciting ARK news. :)

8 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sojf04

Hey Survivors!

Seems like someone ran a Beast Within event ;). We just wanted to assure you guys that both versions of ARK will be released on all platforms. Yeah, that means ARK: Survival Evolved will release on PS4 and ARK: Survival of the Fittest will be released on Xbox One! In the mean while, we'll be able to bring a piece of the ARK Universe to every platform so no matter the type of gamer you are, you'll be able to experience and play in the ARK world.

We strategically made the decision to initially release the two games on different platforms because we believe it is the most effective and efficient development process for our Studio. We have a ton of people working on both games across platforms - this can lead to a number of issues, people stepping on each others toes and a lot of wires getting mixed up. You guys even know how sometimes we mix up Xbox and PC. Going forward, we'll be able to effectively develop across all 3 platforms, respond to player feedback and further optimize the game. This is better for all ARK players in the long run!

Throughout the weekend there will be interviews and possibly posts from other SW developers explaining this more from a technical aspect, so keep your eyes out for them if you're more interested in reading about that. Though, that's pretty much the gist of it.

So don't worry, you guys will all be getting a chance to play the ARK you want to play and that's not all, we've got a lot more to announce this year. Wildcard is still going full-steam ahead and we're going to be pushing optimization, content, patches, events, and a whole lot of Dinosaur fun along the way! Thank you for all your support and enthusiasm about our games, and definitely tune into our PAX stream this weekend to hear some more exciting ARK news. :)

Thanks for clarification, I think many people were confused due to tweets talking about paid exclusivity, exclusives in general, and more. I'm glad that it's coming to both. Many Xbox users kind of felt shafted due to miscommunication, I was about to stop playing Ark till SOTF was announced for Xbox.  Happy to see Wildcard is a loyal and listening developing studio. Many people thought you guys were being sellouts.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

The clarification helped a lot, I hate developers that see their community complaints and never respond. These days people are usually left in the dark.....