ARK Survival of the Fittest ascends onto PS4 on July the 19th

Jatheish

7 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

That doesn't answer my question at all. 

But if that is true then I can imagine a lot of pissed off people.

it was confirmed by the devs that it would be coming to xbox, but if they just turn around and dont even put it on xbox, then i'm gone, I wont put up with a lying company.

Just now, Wickedman25 said:

Wow. Unreal if this is true. This reeks of them knowing they already got most of the profits they are going to get from the Xbox community and now they are jumping over to ps4 with added bonuses where they will have a totally untouched user base. Not impressed at all if  gamerant is accurate here. 

It looks like Sony paid for short term exclusivity

https://twitter.com/SusanCStieglitz/status/723202449960366082

It's pretty disappointing that Sony paid to get the mode first when we've supported the game since December. I probably won't be playing the game anymore by the time it comes out on Xbox though. I've already significantly reduced my playing time over the past couple weeks. It just doesn't have the same magic as it used to. I guess that just happens sometimes after playing a game 1000+ hours.

2 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

They never said it would be console exclusive. That's just Gamerant talking out it's a**.

PC has it, so that totally debunks that thing in general.

All that they've confirmed is that it releases on PS4 July 19th 2016.

PC is not a "console". The term console exclusive is used all the time for games on a console/PC. 

1 minute ago, CaCHooKaMan said:

It looks like Sony paid for short term exclusivity

https://twitter.com/SusanCStieglitz/status/723202449960366082

It's pretty disappointing that Sony paid to get the mode first when we've supported the game since December. I probably won't be playing the game anymore by the time it comes out on Xbox though. I've already significantly reduced my playing time over the past couple weeks. It just doesn't have the same magic as it used to. I guess that just happens sometimes after playing a game 1000+ hours.

Haha they sold out. Even worse. Smh. 

Edited by Rickyh24

1 minute ago, ShanghaiFame said:

well this hurts the f****** soul why is it not coming to xbox?!

IT IS.

It will be after PS4 according to Susan Stieglitz. Sony apparently paid them for short-term exclusivity.

Probably because they don't support game previews and a bunch of PS4 players are upset about this.

2 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

IT IS.

It will be after PS4 according to Susan Stieglitz. Sony apparently paid them for short-term exclusivity.

Probably because they don't support game previews and a bunch of PS4 players are upset about this.

But that isnt our fault. That Sonys fault. Why should we suffer due to Sonys stupidity...........

1 minute ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Business is business. Always will be.

Though I understand where Wildcard is coming from here, they lost a lot of money because of their lawsuit.

Which they wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the xbox users. Kinda ironic. Of course they may of had a decent amount from pc but xbox really pushed their profits through the roof.

For the first time I'm actually disappointed with Wildcard. I understand the whole alpha issues, the whole delayed patches, but this to me is very poor. 

At the same time I haven't played the game in weeks and probably will never play sotf anyways, just my views on the subjects these days as I support this game. 

• Administrator

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

Just now, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on!

Thanks all,
Jer

Thanks for the clarification!

That definitely makes sense though, I can see why you'd want to test the codebase on PS4 for the full game before release using SotF.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Just wanna note that Sony didn't pay for timed exclusivity. The reason for releasing SotF onto PS4 first is the necessity of publicly testing and optimizing the shared ARK codebase on PS4 in advance of the full Survival Evolved game release, and iterating on that PS4 codebase through a wide release. We're just not large enough to do that effectively without the help of the public ARK community. As mentioned, it'll also hit Xbox One later on! Also Xbox players, please stay tuned for some large news updates tomorrow that will be of particular interest to you :) 

Thanks all,
Jer

Thank You sony for   tesing SOTF for us xbox  users lol

7 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Thanks for the clarification!

That definitely makes sense though, I can see why you'd want to test the codebase on PS4 for the full game before release using SotF.

I wonder if that means that the xbox version will also be a standalone game.

Now I have to retract my comments from earlier! As these were based on the assumption that Sony had exclusivity for a while due to other reasons, not because of needing to test the game before full release. I know I shouldn't trust everything I read, but kinda did point this direction.

4 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

I wonder if that means that the xbox version will also be a standalone game.

Now I have to retract my comments from earlier! As these were based on the assumption that Sony had exclusivity for a while due to other reasons, not because of needing to test the game before full release. I know I shouldn't trust everything I read, but kinda did point this direction.

Think what you will but me personally i am not buying it. Said tests could of easily be done with the core game. AS we have been doing so from day one.