Mod support for Epic Games version of Ark

Tipin

• 1 month later...

have anyone here downloaded mods for Epic games version of Ark? Having problems finding mods for Ark. It seems that no one has created a mod yet for Ark. The store is empty. Can anyone advise me please how do I download more features to this version of Ark? I heard Steam have mods that add more features, and currently playing the game at vanila version, I find the game kinda lacking in some aspects and would like to mod the game if possible through Epic games stores. Please help?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

Whats that thing in the Epic store called "Modder tools"? You mean they dont have the capability because the modders are scarce or did you mean they dont have the tool?

The Epic Games Launcher recently released beta support to add mods to games through the Launcher. Currently, it appears to only be available for Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries if you want to see what it looks like. Until Epic expands the beta to include Ark or launches it for all games you won't see any mods for Ark on Epic Games Launcher.

Once modding support happens, I think modders who made their mods for Steam should be able to adjust them to work with Epic's mod system if there are any adjustments required. At this time you should start to see mods for the game, but whether a mod that appears on Steam comes to Epic depends on how much work it takes to make the mod work between the two platforms and whether the author wants to do so.

• 3 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, GamerWulf1 said:

So wheres the mod y’all been hyping about on epic? Yea there is but only on rag? Like what the? Its already 2021 and none of those promises from epic been made

I believe Epic Mod Support is still in Beta and limited to a number of games. Your question would need to be directed towards Epic not WC I believe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 5:57 AM, BumbleHoneyComb said:

Is there any news on Epic Game Mod Support for Ark Survival Evolved? This is getting out of control!! We are waiting patient for year now. The Ark creator or dev and Epic Game need to sit down and develop to make mods to support Ark Survival Evolved.  

According to this reddit comment and it's linked image, all developers have the ability to add mod support for their games to Epic's Game Launcher since the end of October 2020: https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesPC/comments/jg1w66/mod_support_for_troy_delayed/g9rbeud/

That means that if Ark still does not have mod support, it is completely in the Ark developers hands. However, there are plenty of mods already in existence that may need to be altered by the mod authors to work for either Steam, Epic, or both depending on how Epic has done their platform's mod support. If Ark developers turned mod support on tomorrow but Steam mods were not compatible with Epic's mod system then no mods would be available. It could be that the Ark developers are hesitant to add support for mods that are incompatible across the two platforms due to the confusion and issues that would cause.

It would be nice to have an update from the Ark developers about the situation but I don't expect much anymore since I have had a bug report since July 2020 that doesn't appear to have any response or update either.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I've been making a map for Ark, I've just cooked it and wanted to test it, however I don't use Steam and have the Epic version of Ark.

Am I to understand that I cannot play the map I've made with the Epic version?

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to figure this out with no luck.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, ClusterLizard said:

Hi folks,

I've been making a map for Ark, I've just cooked it and wanted to test it, however I don't use Steam and have the Epic version of Ark.

Am I to understand that I cannot play the map I've made with the Epic version?

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to figure this out with no luck.

I'm afraid so. Mods are only on the Steam version.

So the game is available on the Epic store and the dev kit is available on the Epic store but one won't work with the other ?

This is utterly ridiculous and also more than a little misleading.

I'm actually quite angry about this.

E2a : I've been making maps and mods for well over 20 years and this is quite possibly the most boneheaded thing I have ever encountered. :(

Archived