Where TF are the Tropeos!!!?

Chrysa1is

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I did some testing on singleplayer to figure out how rare the trops spawns actually are on CI, using the dino scan function on a SS transmiter. There are probably better ways to test this out, like on a live server just in case some of the single player setting impacted on it in anyway, but I took precautions against this like preventing hibernation and allowing time for creatures to spawn.

Ultimately it took me approximately 10 dino wipes to get a tropeo to spawn, a single dino at approx 60,60. It seems in general the spawns are a bit lack luster. For examples, only 1 rex on the whole map ? 0 yutys ? 2 yutys ? 2 pachyrhinos ? There was always a sizeable list of dinos not on the map at any given time.

Again, this was all done on single player, so please take with a pinch of salt. 

I honestly cannot fathom why Wildcard aren't doing anything about it. It really really bugs me how it appears that they don't give a crap and ignore you or don't deal with issues like this straight away. 

I've just turned the game on again and ive started looking again. No doubt it will take hours again to find what I am looking for, and when I find one, it will probably be a crap level, and it will be hours before i find another one. Thats if they are even spawning. Zero word from Wildcard as well. Good service.

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Wyverns can cause creatures to despawn in you walk over them. You should build a trap next time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Jen doesn't work on ARK anymore?

Thats really dumb, but at least i dont have to worry about one despawning if i trap it with the chain bola. It was a poop level thankfully, as expected though, called it. Only tagged someone who looked official. I don't know who's who and clicked random.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Chrysa1is said:

Are you capped in the head? Did you not bother to read through the thread?

Sometimes people won't read through pages and pages of discussion and will just read the OP and respond to that.

In fairness to the guy you make no reference to maps or platforms in the OP.

Rather than being rude to someone that thought they were trying to help maybe have a bit more respect.

18 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

Nothing because the spawn rate is appalling and I am beginning to doubt that they even spawn. If wildcards intention is for us to fly around for hours looking with no luck and think that that is okay, then they can burn because it is terrible. 5 year anniversary, awesome new dino, increased taming etc, lets celebrate; pisses people off because the thing doesnt spawn and you cant enjoy yourself.

That's literally taming in a nut shell. Quit being such an entitled brat

2 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

I found one in the canyons on Console Official Ragnarok at 43, 33 and trapped it under my wyvern, and the Tropeo despawned right under my wing.

1 hour ago, Pocolate said:

I found one after hours of searching and several dino wipes. The Island, xbox singleplayer... coords 62.9, 76.9. My daughter also found one on her Ragnarok singleplayer map by the water between the redwoods and the highlands beach area.

Ok so they basically just super super rare then. Which seems bit too rare given see countless tape's and quetz's. Could either of guys try using a rare flower to see to see if they are aggroed from them? Asking because tapes like to hide in  tree's and if they based of those spawns might help people out either finding a tropeo or at least killing the tape's bit faster.

Ok so they basically just super super rare then. Which seems bit too rare given see countless tape's and quetz's. Could either of guys try using a rare flower to see to see if they are aggroed from them? Asking because tapes like to hide in  tree's and if they based of those spawns might help people out either finding a tropeo or at least killing the tape's bit faster.
If I find another, I will test it out. I already tamed the one I found. We've been searching all over Ragnarok for another but no luck so far. It could definitely stand to have a higher spawn rate...

1 minute ago, Pocolate said:
2 hours ago, ZeruIshtar said:

If I find another, I will test it out. I already tamed the one I found. We've been searching all over Ragnarok for another but no luck so far. It could definitely stand to have a higher spawn rate...

Ok and if you can find out i made a list of locations so put it and other info there if can. The more info we get more can help the community with this annoying dino and spawning.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

That's literally taming in a nut shell. Quit being such an entitled brat

There's always whiteknight forum defenders like you that pop up with nothing constructive to say. If you aren't going to provide help and/or information and instead bitch about what i'm saying then i'd advise never to read anything i write because you'll most likely get triggered over and over again.

Confirmed sightings on ragnarok:

43 LAT, 33 LON - there is a slope leading down from the canyon bridge, i found it halfway down that slope walking around.

68 LAT, 64 LON - in the desert, you will see a crack running across the floor that you can fly down and into the shallow water area inside. It wasn't down in the crack, but on the flats above. 

Hope this helps guys

18 minutes ago, Chrysa1is said:

Confirmed sightings on ragnarok:

43 LAT, 33 LON - there is a slope leading down from the canyon bridge, i found it halfway down that slope walking around.

68 LAT, 64 LON - in the desert, you will see a crack running across the floor that you can fly down and into the shallow water area inside. It wasn't down in the crack, but on the flats above. 

Hope this helps guys

Can you test to see if they aggro on rare flowers? and will add the coordinates to the other post's lists

Finally found a 145. Yellow kibble gives it about 31.2% and feeding intervals are 38mins which seems a bit excessive to me, especially for x4 taming. If it was x1 taming, thats at least 10 hours taming. It's not even an end game dino. Got to be a bug.
It's 38 minute intervals? Dododex says 34 minutes overall for the tame and 8 minute intervals. Just clarifying because the one I found was only a level 10, so there were no intervals at my settings... it's nice to know in case I find a decent level one.

So far iv found two tropeo's on extinction at 51.8, 57.8 and 58.7, 59.4, up high on the elevated platforms. Lots of pteras and tapejara spawn there and after a few dino wipes/tapejara culling they should spawn if not there already.

I'll try out the Island, Scorched Earth etc when im able to and will post any findings here.

5 hours ago, Airo1988 said:

So far iv found two tropeo's on extinction at 51.8, 57.8 and 58.7, 59.4, up high on the elevated platforms. Lots of pteras and tapejara spawn there and after a few dino wipes/tapejara culling they should spawn if not there already.

I'll try out the Island, Scorched Earth etc when im able to and will post any findings here

aight will add them to the other list then

Archived