Epic games server non-dedicated

DNL

19 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Has your friend's LAN address changed on the server?
Their server should have a static IP address - not using DHCP.

Also worth checking that the router's config hasn't changed.  ISPs sometimes push out firmware updates that change the settings or behaviour.

Cant talk for him but for me its exactly the same. Still same IP, nor any other changes.

Server stayed up for 4 days or so, Epic had an update for ARK and ever since it stopped working. Without any changes from my side. Nobody seems to know the solution.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, Bianconeri said:

Cant talk for him but for me its exactly the same. Still same IP, nor any other changes.

Server stayed up for 4 days or so, Epic had an update for ARK and ever since it stopped working. Without any changes from my side. Nobody seems to know the solution.

That's the problem - u should update server too.
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup#Updating

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 1:19 AM, Smok1ngAce said:

discord - Smok1ng_Ace#5338

General: as i found out from a lot of guides, there are three ports that should be forwarded for server to be visible and connectable online: 7777, 7778, 27015.

Non-Dedicated: found a guide how to allow player go further away from game host:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsfyKKpJj3U
Tried with friend, set this on 999.0 instead of 99.0. Yea, for this trick non-dedicated host should have a powerful PC tho (tried on i7-8700 + RTX 2080 and FX-8300 + RX 580, on second config were laggy af).

Dedicated (AKA Unofficial): with last client update dedicated server have shown up in unofficial server list and friends (and some other guys on EGS version, tested without password with -epiconly) were able to join it. But seems like i can't host dedicated server and join it from same PC. Found a thread with same problem:

But seems like my router doesn't have NAT-loopback function. Gonna try to workaround this. Would share it here if i'd get succeed.

To run a dedicated server on the same PC (i.e. a non-gui, headless host), change the port on which it's being hosted.  Instead of port 7777 you can go up to 7781 and down to 7775 or anything in between except 7777 (these are the ports I've tested, there may be others).  Here is my batch file for launching a dedicated ark server part of my private cluster.  This code goes on a single line
"start ShooterGameServer Aberration_P?Listen?SessionName=GrandpoobahArkAberration?AltSaveDirectoryName=SaveAbb?Port=7778?QueryPort=27018?ServerAdminPassword=poobah?MaxPlayers=10? -clusterid=grandpoobah -NoTransferFromFiltering -crossplay"
Then, connect to that internal IP address with the new port number: "open 10.10.10.10:7775".

To all those out there trying to connect across the internet to get to a friend's server, make sure you're typing in his public IP address, not his local IP address.  To find this number, have your friend open a browser on the computer that's hosting the map and type "what is my IP" in a search engine, it will display his public IP.  To connect, open a single player game and type THAT IP into the ark console.  For example: "open 209.206.52.7:7777".  (that isn't a server it's a public Meraki IP address.)

• 3 months later...

Im still having the same issue everyone else seems to have. All my friends cant join even though we all have ARK on Epic Games. Everyone that tries to join gets a message say "Connection timed out". And My server that is Non-Dedicated has a server ping of 0. Haven't found anything helpful yet. Hoping Epic Games listens or someone comes up with a solid solution for this.

Archived