Epic games server non-dedicated

DNL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my friends all have the free version for epic games and we can't join any of our non-dedicated servers and any that are not official and are greeted by a connection timed out I have a steam account with ark and can try hosting one there but I have done some research and don't think it will fix the issue and I really don't want to download another 100gb I just want to play on a private server with friends without paying extra pls help 

issue seems to be with the build that Epic is putting out. I got the free version on Epic and got some of the dlc sense i didn't have any on my steam version. Was just cheaper. I spun up a new server on my gaming server and got latest. it seems to be running 311.94 and epic is using 311.81 i believe. Can any of you guys confirm with a version miss match maybe?

turns out it might not be a version thing. Client version on epic seems to be a few versions behind. Reddit has some more info though

what I have learned so far, for epic users to join a server:

• Server must launch with -crossplay command line argument for epic users to see it in their server browser.

• Server cannot have a password, epic users cannot join servers with passwords right now for some reason (gives various errors if they try anyways).

• Server cannot have mods otherwise epic users cannot see it.

check out the redit post mast thread about the epic games version issues

Well, after some workarounds i've played with friend on non-dedicated server.
First of all, change ur firewall rules to allow "ShooterGame.exe" to be seen in public networks;
If ur PC connected through router - set port forwarding for ports 7777 and 27015 on router, cause any of these might be used by non-dedicated server.

After this ur game should be seen in Non-Dedicated servers and ur friends should be able to connect to it.
Btw, there is one problem in non-dedicated hosting: connected clients can't go far from host. Now i'm trying to make dedicated server work without crashes on joining, but seems like without patch it won't happen. Still, if i'll make it work gonna share it on forum too.

1 hour ago, Faderek said:

Hey,
How can I change the firewall rules so that "ShooterGame.exe" is visible in the public network

As i using win10, i'll describe steps for this version (you'll need administrator rights):
Press "start" (or "windows" key), type in "defender", open "Windows Defender Firewall".
On left tab would be "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall", press it.
Press "Change settings" button on top-right of list, then find game .exe file (must be ShooterGame) and check both boxes (like on screenshot).Scr1.thumb.png.86639b2f67a383994d676adfdb559d0c.png

16 minutes ago, Smok1ngAce said:

As i using win10, i'll describe steps for this version (you'll need administrator rights):
Press "start" (or "windows" key), type in "defender", open "Windows Defender Firewall".
On left tab would be "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall", press it.
Press "Change settings" button on top-right of list, then find game .exe file (must be ShooterGame) and check both boxes (like on screenshot).Scr1.thumb.png.86639b2f67a383994d676adfdb559d0c.png

can you please give me your discord ? i want to ask you something about the port forwarding

everyone whos here wondering why ark isnt playable with your friends, look i contacted epic games and this is what they said 

Thank you for contacting Epic Games Support,

my name is Romeo, I'm here to assist you the best I can.

We are sorry that you're having issue to play with other friends on ARK. In this case to get the best help possible for your game I recommend that you reach out directly to the team behind ARK survival evolved as we only provide technical support for products that were made by Epic Games.

You can reach out their support by following this link: https://support.wbgames.com/

I hope that the team ARK is able to solve your issue and get you back into the game soon.

Regards,
Romeo Mike

so as you see theres nothing epic can do so maybe try contacting wbgames? and tell this forum what the solution is.

5 hours ago, Smok1ngAce said:

Well, after some workarounds i've played with friend on non-dedicated server.
First of all, change ur firewall rules to allow "ShooterGame.exe" to be seen in public networks;
If ur PC connected through router - set port forwarding for ports 7777 and 27015 on router, cause any of these might be used by non-dedicated server.

After this ur game should be seen in Non-Dedicated servers and ur friends should be able to connect to it.
Btw, there is one problem in non-dedicated hosting: connected clients can't go far from host. Now i'm trying to make dedicated server work without crashes on joining, but seems like without patch it won't happen. Still, if i'll make it work gonna share it on forum too.

What do you fill in as the connectport and listenport?

2 hours ago, Smok1ngAce said:

Can u pass your discord to me ? 

I have some question

Archived