How to tame Basilisks on CI?

EvoPanker

How to tame Basilisks on CI?

Hello there,

as mentioned in the title, how are you supposed to tame Basilisks without any Rock Drake eggs nor Magmasaur eggs?

The Rock Drake area looks really sad as well, not a single dino where the nests were.

Please put them back, so we can have these amazing Rock Drakes and tame awesome Basilisks.

Best Regards

eVo

No, no and no

Wait until transfers open up then bring eggs over from Aberration if you want basilisks, getting drake eggs on the mod version of CI was easy mode with zero risk and it's right they removed them from the map

I'll agree the area looks crap now, they should've at least re-purposed it but looking at the rest of the map I think they overlooked dino spawns anyway and just concentrated on getting the terrain finshed

On 6/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, EvoPanker said:

And what about people who play single player or don't have Aberration or Genesis on their cluster?

There are mods for getting some dinos back on the map again. Also I think you can decide what should spawn and where using some .ini configuration on you server. Otherwise ppl will just have to start an Aberration server and this is what they want and  I don't blame them. I love Aberration.❤️

Tbh I think you can use fertilized wyvern eggs to tame them too.

True for Aberration, its a great map if you wanna hang out in a cave. But why would you put Basilisks on a new map but not the equipment to tame them? 

I tried it with fertilized Wyvern Eggs from the Heir variant but the Basilisk didn't care a bit for the egg. I know they're kinda buggy to eat them but I killed every other creature around it and jumped 10 Minutes around him only to see him burry himself when I was out of his agro range and the egg was about 5 meters next to him. So they definitely don't eat those.

But the same goes for Plant Z (posted in another one). They don't work at all. No Seeds, no healing, they just exist. 

I think its a clear statement from WC that they only care about money. They give a poop about the already existing Mac Version of the game, even on epic settings it looks like crappy low settings from my Windows and they clearly have other problems to work on, like stability and hitbox fixes. Its just really sad to see, that they create another version of the game, separating the PC Gaming Community because you cannot play on your modded clusters together with Epic and the ever existing Steam Version, when the original version of the game needs a lot more polish. Buggy and nonsense decisions on the new CI would be another chapter.

It could be so easy to make many people happy. Put Rock Drakes where they were. Put Nameless and Reapers in the Dark Snow Zone, so the Biome finally makes sense. Featherlights and Glowtails are cool and I really love them, but they're useless as well at the moment, the map is pretty bright in the nights anyway. Only good purpose is finding max level dinos.

This same thing was the case for basilisks on Genesis when they released it, they forgot or didn't intend for us to tame them.  But they added the magma egg to the list for taming them afterwards.  Let's just assume they will make the wyvern eggs applicable to taming them in the near future like they did w/ Genesis.  Right now, I'd rather not worry about a mount that has a propensity to simply fall through the earth below the mesh. 

I had the basilisk i got replaced from falling through the mesh , fall through the mesh and get replaced again.... Why tame these things?  Kill them all...

Before taming basilisks, I'd rather see the crystal wyverns pod-able even if we can never transfer them.  All the problems that were resolved w/ pods are now staring us right in the face w/ animals stuck in floors and having to demolish structures to free them , which is really annoying when resources are scarce early on. Timing when to hatch so you can make an imprint schedule w/out having to get up at 4am to make an imprint....  

I can't blame them for wanting people to buy the DLC's for exclusive animals.   With how games are monetized today, it's refreshing to me that it would less than $50 to get a huge range of new creatures to tame as well as maps to play on.  My kid dropped $50 just to upgrade his basketball player on 2k... it was hit b-day money so I'm keeping my mouth shut, but my wife can't stop herself from saying what a waste.  I didn't even tell her he spent that much on just that aspect of the game he's playing.   

So, while it would be nice to have it on there on official, there is little stopping people from putting together a private server with the map set up the way they want it.  This is pretty much like Dungeon Siege to me - where we can customize the experience and we aren't just paying for official servers, but the ability to create our own world as well.  When they give us a free map to play on, we should just be thankful they include new unique animals for free to begin with... not bother about it's not exactly how I'd want it to be.   Wild Rock drake eggs won't be on CI. But I wouldn't complain if they added the wild ones just for the challenge to deal w/ in the area, but others would complain so there's no winning for WC on this topic.

If you want that, make it so.  Make your own server with your own rules.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, EvoPanker said:

And what about people who play single player or don't have Aberration or Genesis on their cluster?

They also forgot to include the death worm so you can tame a mantis. 

I'd really like to see the death worm added, but maybe they thought the desert was just too small. One idea would be to add a new cave that has the death worm in it.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, RageQuitter said:

Wait until transfers open up then bring eggs over from Aberration if you want basilisks.

No no and no. Basically this response quietly says 'don't bother, because once you go through all the trouble to get set up for Aberration-red-zone-egg-snatching, you can just tame heaps of Basilisks over there'. IMO its pointless to have them on CI at all then, just another bait-and-switch DLC sales pitch.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:04 AM, GrumpyBear said:

I can't blame them for wanting people to buy the DLC's for exclusive animals.

I can when it breaks things somewhere else. Or has everyone already forgotten the community anger when Aberration itself was released without Dilos?

The money itself (Aberration is crazy cheap) isn't even the biggest issue - its the extra time involvement that shouldn't be necessary to get on with the map. If you have nothing to do in your life except play Ark, I'm sure that maintaining a base on every DLC makes sense. But for the casual players on our cluster each map should be immersive, well-balanced and self-sufficient for its own content. And if I have players on CI who want to tame some high level event Basilisk they found, they should be able to do it, period.

I don't want to start bike-shedding on the broader topics involved here too much, but I have to agree with OP. Both the Basilisks and Mantis should be tamable with CI-available resources. Until this is fixed, I am considering replacing Basilisk spawns with something more useful to that map, maybe Deathworm_Character_Minion_BP_C ;)Otherwise, If someone wants to tame CI Basilisks on Official (poor you), maybe check the possible megatribe buy-in costs.

15 hours ago, singalty said:

No no and no. Basically this response quietly says 'don't bother, because once you go through all the trouble to get set up for Aberration-red-zone-egg-snatching, you can just tame heaps of Basilisks over there'. IMO its pointless to have them on CI at all then, just another bait-and-switch DLC sales pitch.

I can when it breaks things somewhere else. Or has everyone already forgotten the community anger when Aberration itself was released without Dilos?

The money itself (Aberration is crazy cheap) isn't even the biggest issue - its the extra time involvement that shouldn't be necessary to get on with the map. If you have nothing to do in your life except play Ark, I'm sure that maintaining a base on every DLC makes sense. But for the casual players on our cluster each map should be immersive, well-balanced and self-sufficient for its own content. And if I have players on CI who want to tame some high level event Basilisk they found, they should be able to do it, period.

I don't want to start bike-shedding on the broader topics involved here too much, but I have to agree with OP. Both the Basilisks and Mantis should be tamable with CI-available resources. Until this is fixed, I am considering replacing Basilisk spawns with something more useful to that map, maybe Deathworm_Character_Minion_BP_C ;)Otherwise, If someone wants to tame CI Basilisks on Official (poor you), maybe check the possible megatribe buy-in costs.

There's nothing new here, yes it sucks they didn't get everything ready before launch.... this is the way of wc, it's f'in lame they can't deliver all that a map needs upon delivery. 

It's either that they don't have a good product manager, or the PM had to make choices to get a minimum viable product for release, with plans to iterate in the necessary changes later on.  I'm sure the situation is the latter.   Let's assume the PM does the best job they can do w/ the constraints they are given.  

It's a free map, F R E E.   Noone is forcing anyone to jump onto the map.

But I don't agree every map has to be completely self-sufficient.  Why not build some dependencies of you beat this one, and take your stuff with you to the next one.  You don't need to build a mega base that you feel bad about giving up to move on.   There's nothing telling us we have to exist on all the maps to play the game.  You could pick up what you need from one, and leave.  I've done it several times now, I decide I'm gonna tame a certain animal that spawns more often at higher levels on center for a month, then leave.   I don't have to keep maintaining the server to keep a presence on it, and people with private servers can rotate them around, set schedules their player base knows will be coming, so they don't make permanent moves to maps that are rotated.

A reaper king, or a rock drake are really the only 2 things completely unique on ab, that's the only reason to keep aberration on going besides loving the map.  And neither of those 2 tames are necessary to play on any map.  Getting off the map is as easy as making zip lines and taming a ravager in 15min w/ cooked mutton u can find easily on the map.    Aberration was the closest I'd say this game ever got to being really a survival game, at least for me.   And players who run their own private servers could set up the element stations with mods as transmitters to escape the server or set up another mod that gives players a terminal they can set down right away, so really - how is that harder to exit the map that way than any other map?  The only ones who can really complain about that is players on official servers, and those players wanting the "official" experience should own the challenge they are taking on.  

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

There's nothing new here, yes it sucks they didn't get everything ready before launch.... this is the way of wc, it's f'in lame they can't deliver all that a map needs upon delivery.

'Players are our beta-testers' has always been the the reality at WC, I agree here.

Noone is forcing anyone to jump onto the map.

And that's already where my agreement ends..  Its a game, of course no one is forcing you to do anything. That would be called a job. So this statement doesn't actually support anything.

It's a free map, F R E E

Again, this statement doesn't actually support anything. I already said money wasn't my greatest concern. In each of your posts you keep trying to bring it up, like DLC costs are going to break the bank or something. Dude, Ab is like two bucks on G2A last I looked. If this is an actual money grab it's a damn piss poor one. We're discussing a broken feature of a game, and what can be done to fix it, that's all.

But I don't agree every map has to be completely self-sufficient.

Yup, nailed it - we do disagree.

You could pick up what you need from one, and leave.  I've done it several times now, I decide I'm gonna tame a certain animal that spawns more often at higher levels on center for a month, then leave.

Well goodie for you (sarcasm) ... ahem (coughing) .. but the Center is a self-sufficient map ... GrumpyBear, I am confused, are you saying that CI Basilisks are OK untameable as they are - or not ??? (Please state clearly) - because that's what we are actually talking about. ..anyways . ., It takes some bobs on our cluster weeks just to learn how to use the damn terminals lol - and for the Basilisk we are talking about AB. Ab is a whole different ball game, especially stealing rock drake eggs for someone who has no Ab experience, for example.  So you're comparing apples and oranges here. We only have _one_ player two players on our cluster (not including my own tribe, which doesn't count) who successfully went from scratch to red zone successfully on their own - EVER. We've seen Ab take three-man bob tribes and throw them like thatch. A MONTH??? To get F'n Rock Drake eggs for some Basislisk - on another map - that will be long gone by the time you have eggs for it?? (spits beer)  ... Once again for clarity - the players on our cluster are casual, it's a damn video game.

The only ones who can really complain about that is players on official servers, and those players wanting the "official" experience should own the challenge they are taking on.  

Amen.

Archived