Specific server joining issues

Inannamute

Specific server joining issues

I just had a friend get ark via the epic store for the giveaway there. I want him to join me on the rag server I play on (195, official). For some reason even though he can join other rag servers, he can't join mine. I met up with him on 194, verified that cross server play worked, but no matter what we tried, 195 did not appear in his server list either as a new character or option for transfer.

Anyone else seeing this? Are specific servers restricted to steam only?

That wasn't clear from the community crunch - this is the quote;

"Other than modding, the Epic Store version of the game will operate like the Steam PC version and will be updated in full parity with our Steam updates. Both platforms will support crossplay, which will be enabled on our Official Servers between Steam and Epic Games and Unofficial Servers can choose to opt-into enabling crossplay or not."

Can you tell me where you got the information that it will only be supported on *some* officials? and is there a published list of which servers that is? Honestly, my friend will end up not playing if he can't join me on our official server, there's no way we're going to switch to a brand new server at this point in the game for the rest of my tribe.

Archived