Solo player Vs Bosses?

Ohma

Hey Survivors, just want to ask your input on the bosses when tackling it solo. I really want to unlock the tek replicator and thinking of fighting the gamma Broodmother soon. However, I dont know what settings is the best for me to be able to handle it solo. FIrst off,  I DO NOT HAVE SINGLE PLAYER SETTINGS TICKED ON, and I have max difficulty at 1.0. However, I do have a couple of little bumps in stats, though they are only miniscule. Like a few decimal percent added to some of the settings and Dino hp and very very small on decimal percent in damage. The only substantial changes I've made are the resources gathered and a 2x xp buff, that's about it. Any thoughts on this guys? I don't want the boss fight to be extremely difficult, and I dont want to kill it so easily either. I appreciate anyone's input on here.

I'm assuming, based on your post, you're playing Single Player and not on an Unofficial Server.

Your best bet, for Gamma Broodmother especially, is Megatheriums with high quality saddles. Their 'insect buff' increases their damage against both the spiders she spawns and the Broodmother herself. Back them with some decent Rexes and a Yuty (I typically ride the Yuty and let the tames deal with the Broodmother). Throw in a Daeodon or two for healing (can be more of a hindrance than a help if you leave them on auto). But you will find that, without SP settings, you will come unstuck against harder difficulty bosses. Not impossible to defeat, but they will cost you very, very dearly.

39 minutes ago, Ohma said:

Hey Survivors, just want to ask your input on the bosses when tackling it solo. I really want to unlock the tek replicator and thinking of fighting the gamma Broodmother soon. However, I dont know what settings is the best for me to be able to handle it solo. FIrst off,  I DO NOT HAVE SINGLE PLAYER SETTINGS TICKED ON, and I have max difficulty at 1.0. However, I do have a couple of little bumps in stats, though they are only miniscule. Like a few decimal percent added to some of the settings and Dino hp and very very small on decimal percent in damage. The only substantial changes I've made are the resources gathered and a 2x xp buff, that's about it. Any thoughts on this guys? I don't want the boss fight to be extremely difficult, and I dont want to kill it so easily either. I appreciate anyone's input on here.

Gamma broodmother is pretty easy to handle, rexes with 30k hp, 500ish melee can usually stomp her with primitive saddles. Alternatively you can just do 20k hp rexes with the rest pumped into melee.  Just be aware that the bosses are dramatically more difficult on beta and higher.

Bring a Yutyrannus, they make a huge difference.

Also, expect major losses if you fight any form of the dragon boss.  Gamma dragon wiped all but three of my Rex army that stomped the beta broodmother.

34 minutes ago, Cailean556 said:

I'm assuming, based on your post, you're playing Single Player and not on an Unofficial Server.

Your best bet, for Gamma Broodmother especially, is Megatheriums with high quality saddles. Their 'insect buff' increases their damage against both the spiders she spawns and the Broodmother herself. Back them with some decent Rexes and a Yuty (I typically ride the Yuty and let the tames deal with the Broodmother). Throw in a Daeodon or two for healing (can be more of a hindrance than a help if you leave them on auto). But you will find that, without SP settings, you will come unstuck against harder difficulty bosses. Not impossible to defeat, but they will cost you very, very dearly.

33 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Gamma broodmother is pretty easy to handle, rexes with 30k hp, 500ish melee can usually stomp her with primitive saddles. Alternatively you can just do 20k hp rexes with the rest pumped into melee.  Just be aware that the bosses are dramatically more difficult on beta and higher.

Bring a Yutyrannus, they make a huge difference.

Also, expect major losses if you fight any form of the dragon boss.  Gamma dragon wiped all but three of my Rex army that stomped the beta broodmother.

Thanks for the input guys. So I should just keep my settings as is and it's doable? Because some people have told me to have single player settings ticked on, and I've tried it myself and my imprinted high damage Thyla is massacring everything i fights against. Also, does the Yutyrannus buff work on the megatheriums as well? I will do what you guys suggested.

If you wanna get tek tier really easy you can solo tame or kill the desert titan on extinction with a quetzal with a metal box built around the driver.  If you choose to tame the desert titan you can use it to kill the Ice and forest titan.  They all unlock the replicator and a bunch of other tek tier engrams.  You can also solo all of them using a wyvern, but you must be a good pilot during the ice titan fight, because he can mess you up really quick.

1 minute ago, Ohma said:

Thanks for the input guys. So I should just keep my settings as is and it's doable? Because some people have told me to have single player settings ticked on, and I've tried it myself and my imprinted high damage Thyla is massacring everything i fights against. Also, does the Yutyrannus buff work on the megatheriums as well? I will do what you guys suggested.

Yes, the buff works on them too.  I've played single player for years without the button ticked, its not that hard, just don't expect a cake walk with the dragon or the overseer.  Just boost your breeding times and increase the imprint interval since you don't have the game running 24/7 like most servers do, you can make it where the growth takes much less time, but you have to imprint just as much.

4 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

If you wanna get tek tier really easy you can solo tame or kill the desert titan on extinction with a quetzal with a metal box built around the driver.  If you choose to tame the desert titan you can use it to kill the Ice and forest titan.  They all unlock the replicator and a bunch of other tek tier engrams.  You can also solo all of them using a wyvern, but you must be a good pilot during the ice titan fight, because he can mess you up really quick.

I really dont want to go on other maps for now Rip, as this is my first playthrough on the island. I want to take the story arks one by one and play through all of em 1 at a time. I didn't know about that on the Desert Titan though, thanks! I will keep that in mind.

5 minutes ago, Ohma said:

I really dont want to go on other maps for now Rip, as this is my first playthrough on the island. I want to take the story arks one by one and play through all of em 1 at a time. I didn't know about that on the Desert Titan though, thanks! I will keep that in mind.

Extinction is just the easiest map because you get almost instant access to element and its super easy to speed farm metal from loot from Orbital drops using a grinder.  The other maps are fun storywise, but progression can be really slow.  Island element farming is a real grind when you can't take on some of the harder bosses.  Consider farming the Megapithecus, he is easier than the broodmother and he drops more element.

28 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Extinction is just the easiest map because you get almost instant access to element and its super easy to speed farm metal from loot from Orbital drops using a grinder.  The other maps are fun storywise, but progression can be really slow.  Island element farming is a real grind when you can't take on some of the harder bosses.  Consider farming the Megapithecus, he is easier than the broodmother and he drops more element.

Is the megapithecus more accessible? I've only researched about broodmother so far.

2 minutes ago, Ohma said:

Is the megapithecus more accessible? I've only researched about broodmother so far.

It's a bit of a trek, seeing as it's up in the mountains of the blue obelisk (you'll need fur, if you don't have some already) but Megapethicus does seem easier to defeat than Broodmother. There is one catch, there's the risk of your dinos falling off the rock bridge and being insta-killed. Plenty of guides on how to fight Megapethicus out there to read before you go in though. If you've just started out though and you don't have a snow base, Broodmother is quicker and easier to get to.

Your rates should be fine, but like we've both said, you'll be okay v Gamma, but you'll seriously struggle, if not fail, against Beta and Alpha bosses unless you have Ascendant Saddles on some seriously bred war dinos. That will take you a lot of time. Your bred dinos will eventually eclipse wild dinos anyway, to the point where the only real threat to you is Gigas, Alpha Rexes and the bosses.

I don't have that kind of time, so I enabled SP settings and kept my difficulty at .2 and made some other tweaks here and there (especially taming and breeding, and PvE to disable croypod sickness). I did the same on my personal PvE server - just people with fulltime jobs and/or parents that don't have a lot of time on their hands to commit. Takes a while to get properly established, but once you are it's nice to be at the top.

Archived