Ichthyosaurus - bugged, or incorrect info?

FlagrantVagrant

As per the wiki:

Scout: A tamed, mounted Ichthyosaurus will be ignored by every terrestrial predator in the game no matter where you are, as long as you don't attack them.

Not true, had 3 sharks and 3 jellyfish come after me right outside my base while riding it.

Anyone else experience this?

8 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

As per the wiki:

Scout: A tamed, mounted Ichthyosaurus will be ignored by every terrestrial predator in the game no matter where you are, as long as you don't attack them.

Not true, had 3 sharks and 3 jellyfish come after me right outside my base while riding it.

Anyone else experience this?

Terrestrial vs aquatic. 

8 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

I figured in regards to the terrestrial meant everything, didn't know if the game differentiated between land and aquatic.  If that's the case, why would land animals care about anything in the water.....makes no sense in the first place I guess.

Welcome to the whacky world of Helena’s horrible dossiers which often have useless or contradictory information.

2 hours ago, zero064 said:

So every land predator, even a Spino, will never attack a dolphin?

True. Unless you are stupid enough to agro the spino like by attacking it. But even then you just have to get it to deagro and once you stop hearing the agro music you can again swim peacefully around the spino. As long as you are mounted. Once you dismount the spino will again try to kill you and your icthyo.

Archived