Tropeognathus taming broken (20+ minutes between feedings)

RipRavage

Tropeognathus taming broken (20+ minutes between feedings)

There is no way these things have longer feeding intervals than Tusoteuthis, this is ridiculous, especially considering the cost and amount of chain bolas you need to feed this thing.  I could literally get in one feeding the entire time, how is that justified over twenty minutes?  Who knows how long this would have taken because I killed it when I ran out of bolas.  Save your time and materials, because this is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, HiImZech said:

can't you build around it to stop it from flying? or it has to be chained to be fed

I had it trapped for half a second, but it got stuck on the gate and I had to open the trap and it escaped.  I have no idea though because it only took one feeding the entire twenty minutes.  I was going off the dossiers advice, plus when the thing isn’t bolaed it just constantly attacks.

Just now, ehuhoser said:

passive feeding has been known to be bugged for many creatures and it helps to move away a distance from it and usually speeds up after the first bite.  Not sure if this is the case but sounds similar.

It aggros on you as part of the tame, you can’t move away from it because of that.

Just now, RipRavage said:

It aggros on you as part of the tame, you can’t move away from it because of that.

ya but does it still follow after a farther distance?  Moving away quicker like with a Ptera or something?  It looks like your quetz might be able to tank some shots as you run away for a min or two.  But yeah looks bugged to me either way.

1 minute ago, ehuhoser said:

ya but does it still follow after a farther distance?  Moving away quicker like with a Ptera or something?  It looks like your quetz might be able to tank some shots as you run away for a min or two.  But yeah looks bugged to me either way.

I think it was aggroing on me for the most part.  If you watch in the video it’s aiming for me in the pilot seat, not the Quetzal when it attacks.

11 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I think it was aggroing on me for the most part.  If you watch in the video it’s aiming for me in the pilot seat, not the Quetzal when it attacks.

ya noticed that but in the middle for some reason looked to lock onto quetz after it ran before it returned.  Not sure if you can time it but yeah passive first feeding has screwed me out of at least a megachelon (similar but different from parakeet fish issues), two gigapithicus, and a host of others in last six months.

Just now, ehuhoser said:

ya noticed that but in the middle for some reason looked to lock onto quetz after it ran before it returned.  Not sure if you can time it but yeah passive first feeding has screwed me out of at least a megachelon, two gigapithicus, and a host of others in last six months.

I hate passive taming with a passion, it’s absolute garbage in this game.  Just a heads up, I’m pretty sure the crystal Wyverns are broken too, got one to 35 percent tamed with crystal and it’s taming percentage just started plummeting until it hit zero.

well that sucks, but we all know WC when they introduce things :) first comes introduction, then patch to fix event, then another patch to fix dino broken, then about a month, patch to fix and balance, then about another month patch to fix exploits :P  This game is such a love hate relationship but many devs do the same in many games.  Another survival game I play introduced cross platform play today and its not working out for them as well albeit it works, just not as smooth.

1 minute ago, ehuhoser said:

well that sucks, but we all know WC when they introduce things :) first comes introduction, then patch to fix event, then another patch to fix dino broken, then about a month, patch to fix and balance, then about another month patch to fix exploits :P  This game is such a love hate relationship but many devs do the same in many games.  Another survival game I play introduced cross platform play today and its not working out for them as well albeit it works, just not as smooth.

I love the formula of this game, I hate the devs behavior.  I’ve played since early access, so I’m used to it by now, but I still get fumed over it.  ARK is early access 4 life, and we are it’s beta testers.

6 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I love the formula of this game, I hate the devs behavior.  I’ve played since early access, so I’m used to it by now, but I still get fumed over it.  ARK is early access 4 life, and we are it’s beta testers.

What I hate with a passion is that they reset our ingame options and mod-list with every major update! Are they too lazy, stupid or what is it all about?

Archived