Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I get the same when my servers start:

[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]gethostbyname failed ()

then when myself or my wife tries to join our servers we keep getting connection time out, happens on all maps. Yet our friends are able to join without issue. started with the latest patch..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bowlingshane said:

I get the same when my servers start:

[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]gethostbyname failed ()

then when myself or my wife tries to join our servers we keep getting connection time out, happens on all maps. Yet our friends are able to join without issue. started with the latest patch..

The same is happening to me. I am unable to connect through the unofficial servers or my survivors/favorites tab on the login screen. I am able to connect via LAN filter though, but only four out of the eight maps I am hosting are showing up. In addition, while in game, I cannot transfer to the other maps in the cluster without the connection timeout issue. My friends playing on the server I am hosting have no trouble connecting or transferring to the other maps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, Makkathran said:

The same is happening to me. I am unable to connect through the unofficial servers or my survivors/favorites tab on the login screen. I am able to connect via LAN filter though, but only four out of the eight maps I am hosting are showing up. In addition, while in game, I cannot transfer to the other maps in the cluster without the connection timeout issue. My friends playing on the server I am hosting have no trouble connecting or transferring to the other maps.

I too have the same issue you describe about not being able to transfer between servers within the same cluster while playing and hosting on the same machine. 

I looked this up extensively a few months ago and my conclusion is that you cannot transfer servers while on the same machine you are in. So the fact your friends can transfer is consistent with myself playing from another machine, it works just fine. The whole topic is poorly documented, perhaps because it is a basic concept for server admins? I don't know if there are any good / improved documentation for this since last I looked this up.

I think one way to work around the issue would be to run a Virtual Machine for the server while running the game on the other instance, but I haven't really tried this yet, I kinda lost the mood to pursue this further until I am done with the map I am in, and it will take a while before I need to transfer. It is a bummer though, since I can't really explore the new map with my char for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, Martellus said:

I too have the same issue you describe about not being able to transfer between servers within the same cluster while playing and hosting on the same machine. 

I looked this up extensively a few months ago and my conclusion is that you cannot transfer servers while on the same machine you are in. So the fact your friends can transfer is consistent with myself playing from another machine, it works just fine. The whole topic is poorly documented, perhaps because it is a basic concept for server admins? I don't know if there are any good / improved documentation for this since last I looked this up.

I think one way to work around the issue would be to run a Virtual Machine for the server while running the game on the other instance, but I haven't really tried this yet, I kinda lost the mood to pursue this further until I am done with the map I am in, and it will take a while before I need to transfer. It is a bummer though, since I can't really explore the new map with my char for now.

I lost the mood too :)

 

but I'M not on the same machine, I have 2 pc's, one act as server and I play on the other. All was fine for years, and then, they change something, I guess to be compatible with EPIC...

I know now why my other 4 maps was not showing up in LAN filter, Just don't have your query port above 27020.

In fact, I don't know why, but this works for me. I can now play via LAN filter on all of my maps, but I have to suffer the pain to be "Lost/Connection timedout" every single time I change Server... I don't know what's happen(I mean the code behind) when you transfer to another map, but if it was possible to launch with LAN IP ... anyway, the best will be to be able to play from any filter (unofficial/favorite/my survivor)
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...