Looks a mess

ghosty1974

Looks a mess

Iam sure when i played this about a year or so ago it did not look like a huge mess of trees etc, just a load of models thrown around to make look finished, tbf i have not finished looking about, but so far rly messy i cant say much else. and OUCH my eyes, i dont remember it being this bright either here. (gamma 0.8).

night time is better than daytime, i can actualy see now its dark.....(its not actualy dark....) (gamma default btw)

1 hour ago, GordonRamsay said:

Still i'd prefer the normal wyverns over the crystal ones

idk if it's because i had the mod version of crystal islands installed before ( which already caused some issues for me ), but i found some normal wyverns in the desert around the area in 75 45.  The stone structure there also have nest spots although i haven't seen an actual nest with an egg for now ( might just be ark though )

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, ghosty1974 said:

Looks a mess

Iam sure when i played this about a year or so ago it did not look like a huge mess of trees etc, just a load of models thrown around to make look finished, tbf i have not finished looking about, but so far rly messy i cant say much else. and OUCH my eyes, i dont remember it being this bright either here. (gamma 0.8).

I noticed this as well, but I am surprised how many other posts (already) are more or less noticing the same thing.

Take the worst example IMO - the DESERT BIOME. So.. flying across the southern side of the island we have rich tropical forest - cross the water bang we have parched desert - cross further bang lush forest  jungle. And it's really tiny too! I know someone will facepalm this for complaining "it doesn't make sense" but it REALLY DOESN'T. It looks more like "oh oh we want desert too - lets just pop a little bit here", like some twisted Minecraft modder's solution. What they SHOULD have done is put the desert in the middle, instead of the useless tundra that does nothing for the map. Then just add some transition patches between it and the other biomes - done now you have a really big and more sensible desert area.

The abundance of floating foliage tells me that some areas simply haven't been quality checked at all.

Visually some parts are just downright ugly.

Archived