I get ``Connection timeout´´ on all of my servers after update!

Allanballan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my players may have found a work around. They can join through the console in a single player game. They boot a single player game and use the open <public Ip:query port> and it lets them join. but they can't join from the menus. Its wierd man. 

Example: open 111.111.1.11:27015 

This worked for joining the server obviously the IP is different

2 hours ago, RenegadeSavage said:

my players may have found a work around. They can join through the console in a single player game. They boot a single player game and use the open <public Ip:query port> and it lets them join. but they can't join from the menus. Its wierd man. 

Example: open 111.111.1.11:27015 

This worked for joining the server obviously the IP is different

Nice try, but it just ended with  "connection lost ... "

So, after about 5 hours of digging this is what worked for me (situational may not be for everyone)

I run a small dedicated server for a few friends - i run a steam account for the dedicated server with ark server manager and everyone including me joins through epic (-crossplay added to the Server arguments)

Server was fine on 311.97 until today when i stupidly updated to 311.99

All external connections were broken. I was fine being on the local LAN.

From advise from a Reddit post i  deleted my server password, enable Exclusive join and then add the previous players IDs from their .arkprofile stored in "MYServer"/shootergame/Saved/Savedarks

My friends can only join using the open command after starting up in single player (i tried several times with a password but it would not work for anyone who already had a character on the server)

I also added -epiconly to the server arguments but am not sure its absolutely necessary  

Maybe this might help some of you that run your own servers

Seriously good luck with this atrocious update.

13 hours ago, kramer2k said:

So, after about 5 hours of digging this is what worked for me (situational may not be for everyone)

I run a small dedicated server for a few friends - i run a steam account for the dedicated server with ark server manager and everyone including me joins through epic (-crossplay added to the Server arguments)

Server was fine on 311.97 until today when i stupidly updated to 311.99

All external connections were broken. I was fine being on the local LAN.

From advise from a Reddit post i  deleted my server password, enable Exclusive join and then add the previous players IDs from their .arkprofile stored in "MYServer"/shootergame/Saved/Savedarks

My friends can only join using the open command after starting up in single player (i tried several times with a password but it would not work for anyone who already had a character on the server)

I also added -epiconly to the server arguments but am not sure its absolutely necessary  

Maybe this might help some of you that run your own servers

Seriously good luck with this atrocious update.

Won't help me, because my disconnection issues has got nothing to do with the EGS version.

3 minutes ago, Volkove said:

2 of my users that are on Epic Games are also getting Connection Timeout errors. I have 9 or so users on steam that can connect just fine. All workarounds I have found dont work. I installed the game through Epic to try and am able to connect but as others have said they are able to connect through LAN with Epic. 

And what about if you use your steam client to transfer to another map in your cluster?

22 minutes ago, Volkove said:

I am able to transfer to another server on the cluster. 

Interesting, is that with our without using crossplay?

In my cluster, nothing has changed, startup scripts are the same as what they where before EGS version was released and Steam Client can't transfer to other maps without getting a disconnection message.

Currently i am running 3 server from my own connection.

I have a seperate machine that has both been in DMZ and with port forwarding, still all 3 servers gives me this error.

i can only connect via my LAN to the server that starts first after that i get Timeout error and even when i transfer between the servers ingame.

Other players from outside my network seem to have no issues.

Ive read that several players have the same issues and seems related with changes that happend recently when crossplay was introduced.

Anyone else having this issue and a potential fix not workaround.

One workaround i have heard is that you can use a VPN to mask your IP for me to be able to connect.

Gethostname.thumb.PNG.6af59402152c3900cbc420bcfff4dffa.PNG

12 minutes ago, Tobbstar said:

Currently i am running 3 server from my own connection.

I have a seperate machine that has both been in DMZ and with port forwarding, still all 3 servers gives me this error.

i can only connect via my LAN to the server that starts first after that i get Timeout error and even when i transfer between the servers ingame.

Other players from outside my network seem to have no issues.

Ive read that several players have the same issues and seems related with changes that happend recently when crossplay was introduced.

Anyone else having this issue and a potential fix not workaround.

One workaround i have heard is that you can use a VPN to mask your IP for me to be able to connect.

Gethostname.thumb.PNG.6af59402152c3900cbc420bcfff4dffa.PNG

Exactly the same here....

So, it looks like it will be a 2+ year wait for it to get fixed then. Wildcard are great a breaking poop, but lazy as $%^&* in fixing what they break.

Ive looked into the patch notes and saw this.

7 days ago when this issue started for some people they changed the net code.

And 5 days after that they re-implemented "load balancing" to ark servers maybe these are at fault.

v311.99 - 06/16/2020

Re-implemented Multihome server functionality

311.78 - 06/11/2020

Disabled bRawSockets as they no longer function with the new game networking code

13 minutes ago, Tobbstar said:

Ive looked into the patch notes and saw this.

7 days ago when this issue started for some people they changed the net code.

And 5 days after that they re-implemented "load balancing" to ark servers maybe these are at fault.

v311.99 - 06/16/2020

Re-implemented Multihome server functionality

311.78 - 06/11/2020

Disabled bRawSockets as they no longer function with the new game networking code

bRawSockets are not used here, Multihome I don't know how that works, so will look further into that.

2 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

bRawSockets are not used here, Multihome I don't know how that works, so will look further into that.

After talking to another server owner he recommended that you skip a port cause they removed the command but not the function.

So all my servers were 7777 / 7778 / 7779 ive now moved em to 7777 / 7779 / 7781 and i can now atleast transfer with out the timeout command.

Still having some issues but could be from tinkering to much.

2 minutes ago, Tobbstar said:

After talking to another server owner he recommended that you skip a port cause they removed the command but not the function.

So all my servers were 7777 / 7778 / 7779 ive now moved em to 7777 / 7779 / 7781 and i can now atleast transfer with out the timeout command.

Still having some issues but could be from tinkering to much.

On one of my maps that I ma getting this on, there is about 2,000 between the ports

Archived