I get ``Connection timeout´´ on all of my servers after update!

Allanballan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Kiwu said:

WE FOUND A FIX FOR THE TIMEOUT LOST CONNECTION PROBLEM!

Our server owner got the hint to deactive the "rawsocket" option (thanks to LeoCom @ Ark Game Server Owners Discord!) and now they seem to reboot properly. Mods are loading as well.

How do you disable the rawsocket? From ARK or how do you do it? I'm very confused

Just now, RageQuitter said:

I'm not sure as I host myself, if you can't see any options for it in their control panel then have a look at the Command Line Manager, you'll need to delete bRawSockets if it's in there

Can I create a non dedicated server for me and my friend? How can I do that since our servers have N/A ping and it just says connection timeout after a while.

4 minutes ago, xCipry17 said:

Can I create a non dedicated server for me and my friend? How can I do that since our servers have N/A ping and it just says connection timeout after a while.

Not sure as I've never used non dedicated, is your current server through a paid host, hosted through the game or have you set the server up yourself?

Just now, RageQuitter said:

Not sure as I've never used non dedicated, is your current server through a paid host, hosted through the game or have you set the server up yourself?

It's paid through host havoc. I set the settings and everything myself but they host it on their machine. I looked for the rawsockets setting and don't have it anywhere in my ini or commandline.

35 minutes ago, lebondora said:

What does RawSocket anyway ? 

Part of its ability is to join a servers query port in a web browser, server admins use it for players to direct join their servers when they advertise

Default Port examples:
Steam joins this in server menus:
192.168.0.1:7777

From a browser you could paste this instead of doing the above method, it starts your steam client and joins directly to the map using the query port:
steam://connect/192.168.0.1:27015

And yea that's what it does, or at least one feature anyway.

Archived