CI Not coming to console til september?

HigherFlyer

Why will Crystal Isles take 3 almost  4 months when all it took for valguero was 1 month?

Me and my friends were so looking forward to playing CI this summer, just like val last summer. Guess not.
Could't they release it like Rag and leave parts of the map unfinished for the time being?
I just really want to play it with my friends this summer, that its not coming til fall sucks.
Any chance of it coming sooner?

On 6/11/2020 at 10:54 PM, ehuhoser said:

Its due to I'm sure the map being done and its just as big as Rag map.  WC has to optimize it all to run on consoles.  I agree its a long wait and it sucks but hey its WC, so more than likely October.

A: I do play on pc and own the xbox and pc version, my friends however don't (In response to @TiTmellais666)

And they were able to bring val to console in one month whcihc was the same size as rag right? Anwyay I think I know what happened, ark launched on the epic games store right? It probably took them a bit to port ark to epic games and get crospplay running, so for the three or so months since genesis instead of working on crystal isles for console, they had that team port ark to the epic games version so now they have to do console.

Sadly this is pretty typical WC. Instead of just doing proper testing on all platforms and doing a simultaneous release they take the easier (lazier?) route. Then they boast about how ready they were ?. In 5 years they have not learned at all how to manage community expectations. Same mistakes. When do you think they will share the Genesis part 2 delay? They cried out on twitter how badly they did with part 1 release. There is zero chance they will be on time with that one. But we should set up a pool to guess when they will communicate the delay. 

10 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Sadly this is pretty typical WC. Instead of just doing proper testing on all platforms and doing a simultaneous release they take the easier (lazier?) route. Then they boast about how ready they were ?. In 5 years they have not learned at all how to manage community expectations. Same mistakes. When do you think they will share the Genesis part 2 delay? They cried out on twitter how badly they did with part 1 release. There is zero chance they will be on time with that one. But we should set up a pool to guess when they will communicate the delay. 

Yeah I hadn't thought of that, they were finished with Val in July and had all the time to December to work on Genesis and still delayed an extra two months, now they won't be able to start full work on Genesis until after September, no way they are releasing pt 2 by December. If they do I'm buying a lottery ticket.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, HigherFlyer said:

Why will Crystal Isles take 3 almost  4 months when all it took for valguero was 1 month?

Me and my friends were so looking forward to playing CI this summer, just like val last summer. Guess not.
Could't they release it like Rag and leave parts of the map unfinished for the time being?
I just really want to play it with my friends this summer, that its not coming til fall sucks.
Any chance of it coming sooner?

I haven't seen any official statement stating September. Only release info I've seen in regards to CI on consoles is "summer 2020"

What is the source of this September release? (I'm genuinely curious here. Not trolling or anything!)

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, PANICinc said:

I haven't seen any official statement stating September. Only release info I've seen in regards to CI on consoles is "summer 2020"

What is the source of this September release? (I'm genuinely curious here. Not trolling or anything!)

The official release trailer that can be found in the Crunch.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:14 PM, HigherFlyer said:

A: I do play on pc and own the xbox and pc version, my friends however don't (In response to @TiTmellais666)

And they were able to bring val to console in one month whcihc was the same size as rag right? Anwyay I think I know what happened, ark launched on the epic games store right? It probably took them a bit to port ark to epic games and get crospplay running, so for the three or so months since genesis instead of working on crystal isles for console, they had that team port ark to the epic games version so now they have to do console.

Well it was meant for ones who doesnt play on PC and only thing they know is console and only heard of PC's and all they do is cry about late releases comparing to PC versions...

Besides have anyone ever tried to even make a simple game and im not talking about this kind of complicated mechanics concept so chill there will be delays bugs etc and IMO some of them are not easy to solve so we got to get on with them unless u can name at least 1 game that offers same experience with at least similar mechanics?

And yes i hate being arked but can you give me fix for that? In my 5k+ hours ive seen a lot and learned too and with bugs i just get on with them... if u insta die somewhere DONT GO THERE LOL

9 hours ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Well it was meant for ones who doesnt play on PC and only thing they know is console and only heard of PC's and all they do is cry about late releases comparing to PC versions...

Besides have anyone ever tried to even make a simple game and im not talking about this kind of complicated mechanics concept so chill there will be delays bugs etc and IMO some of them are not easy to solve so we got to get on with them unless u can name at least 1 game that offers same experience with at least similar mechanics?

And yes i hate being arked but can you give me fix for that? In my 5k+ hours ive seen a lot and learned too and with bugs i just get on with them... if u insta die somewhere DONT GO THERE LOL

I know there will be delays but Valguero was able to release one month after. Also yes I have tried making a game, I've actually published a few games.

14 hours ago, HigherFlyer said:

I know there will be delays but Valguero was able to release one month after. Also yes I have tried making a game, I've actually published a few games.

Fair play mate as u need some knowledge to actually make game but my point is can u meet timing if u set one to complete it and can u guarantee there will be no bugs? My point is that ppl do cry about consoles getting everything late but why no one cry about other maps that is not official? oh wait they cant even have mods because they have no workshop

I hope u get my point mate

On 6/12/2020 at 4:10 AM, TTVshackowacko said:

I'm mad that wildcard only like pc players... CI probably won't even be popular anymore when we get the chance to play it... 3-4 months is way too long.

Why no one is crying about mod options for PC? As CI was mod same as Val and Rag and PC users played it well before they got released 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, Jtmorris said:

There is no testing needed for PC only some changes as its been out on PC for years LOL

On 6/15/2020 at 7:29 PM, GP said:

The official release trailer that can be found in the Crunch.

Some ppl are too lazy to read and it's easier to be couch expert

8 hours ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Fair play mate as u need some knowledge to actually make game but my point is can u meet timing if u set one to complete it and can u guarantee there will be no bugs? My point is that ppl do cry about consoles getting everything late but why no one cry about other maps that is not official? oh wait they cant even have mods because they have no workshop

I hope u get my point mate

Why no one is crying about mod options for PC? As CI was mod same as Val and Rag and PC users played it well before they got released 

There is no testing needed for PC only some changes as its been out on PC for years LOL

Some ppl are too lazy to read and it's easier to be couch expert

Crystal isles was only 50% done as a mod, it's not that it needed testing it needed content that they had to work on. 

I'm not sure I get your point at the top, could you clarify?

Agree with your last point....

15 hours ago, HigherFlyer said:

Crystal isles was only 50% done as a mod, it's not that it needed testing it needed content that they had to work on. 

I'm not sure I get your point at the top, could you clarify?

Agree with your last point....

My point is if u build a game and announce release date how big chance is u can actually release it on time? Specially with so many mechanics 

And yes there will be bugs

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804312798

Current Progress: 75%
And on CI discord it got announced as 90% completed 

9 hours ago, TiTmellais666 said:

My point is if u build a game and announce release date how big chance is u can actually release it on time? Specially with so many mechanics 

And yes there will be bugs

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804312798

Current Progress: 75%
And on CI discord it got announced as 90% completed 

Well I mean Valgeuro was finished in one month is my point, so why did'nt the same happen for Crystal Isles? My guess is they spent that time making ark support Epic Games instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived