Ark Dev Kit crash when selecting MI_ and generating map

Spadawan

Hello

I used to create maps on the Ark Dev Kit a few years ago on my old PC equipped with a GTX 770 and a Intel 2500k. Everything worked great.

But I recently bought a new laptop, the Asus A15 : Ryzen 4800h and a 2060 RTX, especially to come back to the modding scene.
It is supposed to work great, but here I am, unable to even generate a Map. When I select almost any MI, the Dev Kit simply crashes for no reason. I am extremly frustrated because I bought this PC for this reason, and it doesn't work. The Dev Kit is installed on a dedicated SSD drive.

Help me please ! I beg you :(

23 hours ago, Spadawan said:

Hello

I used to create maps on the Ark Dev Kit a few years ago on my old PC equipped with a GTX 770 and a Intel 2500k. Everything worked great.

But I recently bought a new laptop, the Asus A15 : Ryzen 4800h and a 2060 RTX, especially to come back to the modding scene.
It is supposed to work great, but here I am, unable to even generate a Map. When I select almost any MI, the Dev Kit simply crashes for no reason. I am extremly frustrated because I bought this PC for this reason, and it doesn't work. The Dev Kit is installed on a dedicated SSD drive.

Help me please ! I beg you :(

Try to un/reinstall then if that doesn’t work maybe factory reset the computer if you JUST got it and don’t have anything you Really care about yet? Check and see if you have all the necessary software for all your hardware...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wildcard Community

It is important to try and figure out why it is crashing. Callstacks are important for this and there is a persistent log file (In the saved folder) that exists for trying to diagnose crashes that happen really fast.
More often than not when I see crashes when trying to open massive materials it often comes down to ram, so this my be an "Out of memory" crash. Generating shaders for the  DDC can be extremely intensive.
Also are these wildcards landscape materials that you are trying to open? Or are they your own old Material instances? if they are your own, It is possible that changes in the game have rendered them incompatible somehow.

Archived