no legacy crystal isle?

HiImZech

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the official players here - why do you post in posts regarding legacy? Do you play there? Are you just whiny because you abandoned your 1k hours when the game was officially released and started from scratch, then realizing you didnt have to because legacies are still up and healthy running?

Less lags, more relaxed community, no overpriced dinos, a lot less pillars, no weaponized ticketing, more players everyday joining the servers. I see more empty official servers than legacy ones.

Why would they get rid of servers that take care of themselves and where they doesnt have to wipe your whiny asses when you loose one of your 148 rexes. Everyone stating "legacies are dying" clearly doesnt play there. Go on your precious officials, your base could be getting deleted right now.

14 minutes ago, IceBabe said:

Ok, there are Legacy Crystal Servers now :)

But i still can't travel to other maps :(

you don't want to go there for sure apart from the fact that if so you'd have to start from lvl 1 due to the lack of transfer.

other than that the servers (at least the one i was on) are plastered with pillars - from simple wood ones up to metal ones.

leave alone the high lvl dinos being transfered over enabling the Lego fraction to reach any spot on the map to  leave their mark (pillar)

43 minutes ago, Kizmiaz said:

you don't want to go there for sure apart from the fact that if so you'd have to start from lvl 1 due to the lack of transfer.

other than that the servers (at least the one i was on) are plastered with pillars - from simple wood ones up to metal ones.

leave alone the high lvl dinos being transfered over enabling the Lego fraction to reach any spot on the map to  leave their mark (pillar)

I don't want to transfer to Crystal Isles, i want transfer to the maps i'm playing on and want to reset my things before the decay timers run out.

4 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

Legacy server have never been intended to be permanent, so like I said they will eventually go and be used for other maps. 

You expect official to last forever? Lol? Official has the longer lifetime im aware of that. But the current legacy players are gonna lose their stuff once and leave as soon as its gone. U guys on official lost ur stuff on legacy once already and u gonna lpse it another time. So who are the smarter players of the 2? The toxic official community that r hoping that legacy will be gone? Or the current legacy players who will leave as soon as its gone? Offi has a longer lifetime im aware of that. But domt forget wc is paying ALOT to keep all servers running. Sooner or later they dont have income from Ark anymore and offi ends up the same as legacy. Deleted and save files uploaded. Again, this is prob a few years of, but still u gonna llse ur stuff again regardless. We enjoy it as long as we can so how about u keep ur toxic posts for yourself about wiping legacy and let the people enjoy it?

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

this is a public forum. If you only want people who agree with you, then the internet isn't the right place for you.

this has nothing to do with agreement. you're on the forum talking about official servers when you don't even play official? how does that even work?

you an expert in everything? do you want a medal for getting high post count? your words are not even credible.

to say of anything you don't have any experience in, even tho it may be true in hindsight, is troll at best

6 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

to say of anything you don't have any experience in, even tho it may be true in hindsight, is troll at best

So now you're judging my experience level? I have played Ark for about 4 years. I played official back during early access, pre-legacy. 

If you like how you're playing ark that's fine its your choice. But legacy is in the chopping block to be slowly removed.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

So now you're judging my experience level? I have played Ark for about 4 years. I played official back during early access, pre-legacy. 

If you like how you're playing ark that's fine its your choice. But legacy is in the chopping block to be slowly removed.

oh wow you played in early access. how very credible.

it doesn't matter at all now when you're not part of it anymore?

are you going through the worry of not being able to jump servers to reset your base timers?

are you experiencing flooded servers because of egs?

are you experiencing trolls coming in just to pillar all over the map just because they can?

are you reading chats in-game about this game sucks this graphic sucks pro-Nazism and support for terrorism?

when was the last time a new patch dropped and it did something bad to your base?

when was the last time a 9 year old came into your game and spam demanded everyone to help him with his base because mummy always does and mummy bought him a dinosaur park game?

you're digging this pit further. I suggest you stop and not use your glorious history as credits for what is going on in legacy now.

I do look forward to the day my server on legacy gets cut. then I'll grab the save, grab my friends and comrades, and we'll all have fun times without all these wc shenanigans.

and I'll come onto the forums to read about things I'll have to watch out for, and shoot down more trolls because their experience on official don't matter anymore.

6 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

are you going through the worry of not being able to jump servers to reset your base timers?

are you experiencing trolls coming in just to pillar all over the map just because they can?

are you reading chats in-game about this game sucks this graphic sucks pro-Nazism and support for terrorism?

when was the last time a new patch dropped and it did something bad to your base?

when was the last time a 9 year old came into your game and spam demanded everyone to help him with his base because mummy always does and mummy bought him a dinosaur park game?

you're digging this pit further. I suggest you stop and not use your glorious history as credits for what is going on in legacy now.

I do look forward to the day my server on legacy gets cut. then I'll grab the save, grab my friends and comrades, and we'll all have fun times without all these wc shenanigans.

and I'll come onto the forums to read about things I'll have to watch out for, and shoot down more trolls because their experience on official don't matter anymore.

Athough you whinged in most of this post I agree with the latter..Roll on the save files and we can jump this ship..

2 minutes ago, DRSEire said:

Athough you whinged in most of this post I agree with the latter..Roll on the save files and we can jump this ship..

I'm really tired yelling at wc for the latest great migration save. the one they removed the pvp server. but even that is old now.

but legacy will be around probably for a year after gen2 is out...and if wc has no more plans to make anymore season pass

but I don't see why not. its a profitable business and there's no monetary backlash from all these nonsense yet. somehow they managed to not get sued by players for not keeping their promises and delivering products that aren't ready. lots of threats to sue tho.

16 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

I get that you're upset. You now at the point where you're unhappy with legacy servers and the level of support WC provides them. 

WC should have never included the crossplay argument for the legacy servers, the influx of epic players shouldn't have happened.

Your rate does make my point about choice. You choose to stay with legacy. Are you going to cling to that choice even though you're clearly unhappy.

Also, I am not sure that ranting and crying is the best way to get actions from WC. I did hear that legacy finally did get a couple CI servers. 

On 6/12/2020 at 6:38 PM, Legislator said:

Ahh here we go again. The classic legacy hate. So you want me to ditch 8k hours and start from scratch in "your" cluster? Why? Seriously why? Once they ever take down the servers I'll the latest savegame and avoid dippoop assclowns like you. But please answer me why I should move to "your" cluster? What is the benefit? What do I get if I join "this other, apparently better", community"?

Well you don't get a place to build, don't go to official 404 because all you'll see are greedy people who claim that their 2000 pillars are to "" PrOtEcT DiNo" SpAWns like dilo spawns on the beach matter. Starting over sucks, what I've seen is legacy people are more friendly and helpful than the players of official and legacy has a more chill, fun personality. 

23 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

The writing has been on the wall for legacy for over a year. Better to move now while it's your choice than to wait and have no choice when legacy is shelved for good. 

you guys of official dont seem to understand it do you? If legacy goes the whole playerbase goes or maybe download savefile. Moving to official means you gonna lose it again at some point since official wont last forever neither lol...You think they only pay for legacy? No lol. They pay for everything including the toxic officials. When the time cones they stop paying for officials and provide savefiles of every server. The difference is that current legacy players r losing their stuff once. While players who went to offi from legacy are gonna lose it another time 

1 minute ago, Sandertje said:

The difference is that current legacy players r losing their stuff once. While players who went to offi from legacy are gonna lose it another time 

You must be a PvE players. Cause losing your stuff over and over is just part of PvP. Plus this is a survival game. Maybe you remember the introduction of the leeds and raft genocide. 

7 minutes ago, Sandertje said:

you guys of official dont seem to understand it do you? If legacy goes the whole playerbase goes or maybe download savefile. Moving to official means you gonna lose it again at some point since official wont last forever neither lol...You think they only pay for legacy? No lol. They pay for everything including the toxic officials. When the time cones they stop paying for officials and provide savefiles of every server. The difference is that current legacy players r losing their stuff once. While players who went to offi from legacy are gonna lose it another time 

I've been playing since early access, and moved from legacy to official about half a year ago. I've rebuilt multiple times, and it gets easier every time. I could care less if legacy is shut down or not, I'm simply trying to get across the point that people who wait until legacy is shut down won't get to make a choice, and it will be painful as hell. If you move off legacy before it closes, then you are in control and get to decide your fate. 

WC are under no obligation to keep any public servers open, and are paying a lot of money to keep legacy going, and they are definitely not making that money back from legacy players who buy expansions. How long do you think they'll keep swallowing the costs out of the goodness of their hearts? 

20 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

I've been playing since early access, and moved from legacy to official about half a year ago. I've rebuilt multiple times, and it gets easier every time. I could care less if legacy is shut down or not, I'm simply trying to get across the point that people who wait until legacy is shut down won't get to make a choice, and it will be painful as hell. If you move off legacy before it closes, then you are in control and get to decide your fate. 

WC are under no obligation to keep any public servers open, and are paying a lot of money to keep legacy going, and they are definitely not making that money back from legacy players who buy expansions. How long do you think they'll keep swallowing the costs out of the goodness of their hearts? 

As long as they want lol. Up to them. But moving to official has 0 benefits since thats gonna go at some point too lol. Then i rather go down with a sinking ship and leave after then ever gonna start on a toxic official server. 90% is toxic there. Everyone official wants legacy gone as if they think: I gave up my stuff, you have to lpse yours too lol. 90% on official are crybabys that want and need support. Guess what? If someone loses their char here or a dino they create a new char and raise a new dino. Simple. But the official comm has to check their mail 10x a day and hope for a response of cs lol. There are countless death official servers that have lower pop then legacy and they pay for them too dont they lol? You all think u smart by giving up legacy and move to the 'safe' officials, but guess what? You gave up ur legacy stuff to only extend your ark journey for more time. NOT FOREVER ;)

8 hours ago, Sandertje said:

You expect official to last forever? Lol? Official has the longer lifetime im aware of that. But the current legacy players are gonna lose their stuff once and leave as soon as its gone. U guys on official lost ur stuff on legacy once already and u gonna lpse it another time. So who are the smarter players of the 2? The toxic official community that r hoping that legacy will be gone? Or the current legacy players who will leave as soon as its gone? Offi has a longer lifetime im aware of that. But domt forget wc is paying ALOT to keep all servers running. Sooner or later they dont have income from Ark anymore and offi ends up the same as legacy. Deleted and save files uploaded. Again, this is prob a few years of, but still u gonna llse ur stuff again regardless. We enjoy it as long as we can so how about u keep ur toxic posts for yourself about wiping legacy and let the people enjoy it?

So I can post where I want, nothing toxic about the posts, we are only stating a fact about legacy, but you just assume we hate.  I have no reason to hate legacy cos I just dont play on them.  Some official server will go eventually, we just upload everything and jump ship before  the server does go poof, only had to jump twice so not too bad tbh. 

9 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

So I can post where I want, nothing toxic about the posts, we are only stating a fact about legacy, but you just assume we hate.  I have no reason to hate legacy cos I just dont play on them.  Some official server will go eventually, we just upload everything and jump ship before  the server does go poof, only had to jump twice so not too bad tbh. 

I hope wc provides yall with the save so you can too move on to unofficial

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 12:22 PM, Oli4 said:

Server saves are provided, just start your own cluster if you want all the latest things, that way you can support yourself if something goes wrong as well.

You do realize that running your own cluster is very expensive? The average person can not afford this so it is not an option.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Swordguy said:

I could care less if legacy is shut down or not, I'm simply trying to get across the point that people who wait until legacy is shut down won't get to make a choice, and it will be painful as hell. If you move off legacy before it closes, then you are in control and get to decide your fate. 

This does not make sense. Are you under the impression that legacy players can transfer to official? If not then why is it important to move off of Legacy before it closes? You can not bring any of your stuff to Official so moving would be a mistake. The best option is to ride Legacy until it closes so all your stuff is on the last save and the make sure you download it.

Archived