no legacy crystal isle?

HiImZech

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Since legacy saves are provided. You can setup your own cluster with CI, if you want.

Get legacy players together to fund their own cluster.

3 hours ago, Oli4 said:

Server saves are provided, just start your own cluster if you want all the latest things, that way you can support yourself if something goes wrong as well.

maybe you don't know that there are no current live server files. what shall we do with files that are almost a year old? ^^
some of us have been waiting for the latest files since the last server closings because we would like to switch to a private server.
at the moment we don't get any information at all. neither information about the new map, the transfer between legacy servers (which is currently not working) nor when the servers will be closed.

I apologize for my bad english. I hope you could understand what I mean. ? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Samiisha said:

maybe you don't know that there are no current live server files. what shall we do with files that are almost a year old? ^^
some of us have been waiting for the latest files since the last server closings because we would like to switch to a private server.
at the moment we don't get any information at all. neither information about the new map, the transfer between legacy servers (which is currently not working) nor when the servers will be closed.

I apologize for my bad english. I hope you could understand what I mean. ? 

Then make a post requesting updated legacy save files to bring awareness.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, MostSpy said:

Move off legacy already.

Ahh here we go again. The classic legacy hate. So you want me to ditch 8k hours and start from scratch in "your" cluster? Why? Seriously why? Once they ever take down the servers I'll the latest savegame and avoid dippoop assclowns like you. But please answer me why I should move to "your" cluster? What is the benefit? What do I get if I join "this other, apparently better", community"?

Move off legacy already.

Ahh here we go again. The classic legacy hate. So you want me to ditch 8k hours and start from scratch in "your" cluster? Why? Seriously why? Once they ever take down the servers I'll the latest savegame and avoid dippoop assclowns like you. But please answer me why I should move to "your" cluster? What is the benefit? What do I get if I join "this other, apparently better", community"?

Move off legacy already.

Edit:
Apparently I had a lag while posting. Feel free to erase the previous posts. My apologies.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:22 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Then make a post requesting updated legacy save files to bring awareness.

if this even work we wouldn't be here with a 1 year old save.

you talk as if wc is your slave and obeys your every command.

wc listens to nobody. they have their own hivemind and operates on such a disassociated level they don't even know the elephant in the room during their livestream is the people are screaming for bringing up the servers instead of the new content they are revealing.

its like thinking people wants to secure their possessions when the ship is sinking

On 6/12/2020 at 1:42 AM, MostSpy said:

Move off legacy already.

Exactly. Legacy servers were meant to die out 3+ years ago. The devs said they were temporary servers that would be slowly deleted. Now there are still these hangers on making demands.

The devs need to toughen up, hit ctrl A and push DEL. Ignore their threats about never playing ARK again they will come grovelling back, they always do.

30 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Exactly. Legacy servers were meant to die out 3+ years ago. The devs said they were temporary servers that would be slowly deleted. Now there are still these hangers on making demands.

The devs need to toughen up, hit ctrl A and push DEL. Ignore their threats about never playing ARK again they will come grovelling back, they always do.

was never stated that all legacy will close^^ not a single reply/discussion from wildcard please lets get some facts straight ? never stated legacy were temp servers rofl :D

why do non-legacy-players always have to get involved in the topic? it's a thing between wildcard and us and has nothing to do with them. as if they have any disadvantage because there are legacy servers.
we don`t need inappropriate comments from people who are not really familiar with the topic. what we need is an official statement!

20 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well given what they have done to the servers in the past gives me the impression that they are trying to get rid of the servers, by discouraging new players from joining and getting the current players to leave. Just my thought, an official statement on what they plan to do with the servers would be great.

And since they have to open new servers for the new map, they probably want to free up old servers rather than getting more. 

I think so too, but if so, then wildcard should at least be fair and inform people about it early.

it's a bit strange ... people who get the game for free seem to be more important than people who helped by buying during ea so that the game could be published properly.

5 hours ago, HiImZech said:

if this even work we wouldn't be here with a 1 year old save.

you talk as if wc is your slave and obeys your every command.

wc listens to nobody. they have their own hivemind and operates on such a disassociated level they don't even know the elephant in the room during their livestream is the people are screaming for bringing up the servers instead of the new content they are revealing.

its like thinking people wants to secure their possessions when the ship is sinking

WC dosen't listen to their customers. Which is exactly why I choose to play Ark, but not with WC in control of my servers or saved game files.

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

lol go open a ticket and wait for a response ? 

17 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well given what they have done to the servers in the past gives me the impression that they are trying to get rid of the servers, by discouraging new players from joining and getting the current players to leave. Just my thought, an official statement on what they plan to do with the servers would be great.

And since they have to open new servers for the new map, they probably want to free up old servers rather than getting more. 

Then why did legacy servers get hardware upgrades?

You realize they removed 300+ servers when they came out of early access? They added ~50 new ones back then.

5 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Then why did legacy servers get hardware upgrades?

You realize they removed 300+ servers when they came out of early access? They added ~50 new ones back then.

They would have upgraded them for when the servers eventually get re-purposed for new maps. Sooner or later Legacy will be gone.

6 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

You do realize WC doesn't own these servers, right? They rent them.

i hate to say so but even if you rent them for e.g. ARK you can still change to some other game. in the case of WC they might use them for another ATLAS server (lol)

also lot of servers are sponsored as you can determine by their title " ... by Ni....." for instance.

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

You do realize WC doesn't own these servers, right? They rent them.

Rent them or not, it still doesn't stop them from being used elsewhere, this is why I moved off before they turned it into legacy when i had the chance a while back.

Lucky for us we got a warning but it was only a week to move our assets 

Archived