no legacy crystal isle?

HiImZech

no legacy crystal isle?

logged in and confirmed. no legacy crystal isles for legacy.

thanks for the promise wc. first we got 4 genesis1 servers and now 0 crystal isle server. by genesis2 legacy will be cut off completely then?

you do realise new players aren't going to care if a server is legacy or not they just want to play the game instead of being surrounded by pillars right?

and then you threaten these newcomers their game will be wiped eventually...to push them to where? refunds? nasty reviews?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Which statement would that be? Legacy is slowly dying so more and more servers will be removed

that still doesn't give wc the right to go back on their promises and wc has always been doing that for a long time now

just so you know official wipe is not out of consideration. they will do it. its only a matter of when

servers are servers. as a new player I wouldn't care if its official or legacy I'll join one look around for a place to build and literally start building.

servers have running cost. it is not financially responsible for wc to maintain any server that has low population. there was actually wipe on official clusters before.

besides weaponized ticketing and pvp there is no difference between official and legacy. it is discriminatory to say legacy is dying while thinking official isn't

some legacy servers are having 20+ players at any time and new faces pops up every now and then

reading the forums about how fickle GMs can be should be encouraging enough to know if customer support is what you want to have

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

Which statement would that be? Legacy is slowly dying so more and more servers will be removed

Most Popular Servers
To avoid players having to move again in future, we're publishing the most popular servers across all platforms. These servers are the top 30 most active Legacy servers on each platform and are ones most likely to be safe from any future server removals.

3 minutes ago, FetFingers said:

Most Popular Servers
To avoid players having to move again in future, we're publishing the most popular servers across all platforms. These servers are the top 30 most active Legacy servers on each platform and are ones most likely to be safe from any future server removals.

Ive read that, and it doesn't state that they won't remove any servers, just that these are the MOST(so not impossible) likely to stay.

Just now, Oli4 said:

Ive read that, and it doesn't state that they won't remove any servers, just that these are the LEAST(so not impossible) likely to be removed.

We know they have been talking about it, but in 135 Crunch they also let us know that they will do it, when, how, and so on. So, doesn't it make sense that they let Legacy players know that it will happen so that people are not actually waiting for it. And they've also closed Ark Data Transfer / Server Transfers for Legacy servers without any warning.

Just now, FetFingers said:

It doesn't state that they will

I didnt say that they will remove them all right now, but they will close down once they get more and more empty. And unless people join legacy servers instead of new ones it is more likely that more people will leave than new people will come in(and thus the servers dying out).

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why you'd want to stay on legacy, as someone that had to leave 1000's of hours of work behind on legacy I get the frustration, but in the end I was happy that I moved on.

No legacy Cystal Isle servers! You (wildcard) are surprised that fewer and fewer players are playing ARK. The servers were already reduced so much with Genesis. That the servers were overcrowded and many people were on hold and then after a certain time they lost interest in the game and now play other games.
After all, people paid for it (in advance).

Sorry, but that's a fact.

6 hours ago, Hilli70 said:

No legacy Cystal Isle servers! You (wildcard) are surprised that fewer and fewer players are playing ARK. The servers were already reduced so much with Genesis. That the servers were overcrowded and many people were on hold and then after a certain time they lost interest in the game and now play other games.
After all, people paid for it (in advance).

Sorry, but that's a fact.

Actually fairly recent ARK has hit the most online players it ever had in its history.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

21 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Exactly, so why should we let go of 5 years of work to start over when in another 5, or maybe even less years our new hard work will be gone?

Server saves are provided, just start your own cluster if you want all the latest things, that way you can support yourself if something goes wrong as well.

2 hours ago, Oli4 said:

Actually fairly recent ARK has hit the most online players it ever had in its history.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

Active players or just all sales figures combined? Official, legacy or private sever, single player, together or individually? I guess they could have twice, if not three, players.

2 minutes ago, Hilli70 said:

Active players or just all sales figures combined? Official, legacy or private sever, single player, together or individually? I guess they could have twice, if not three, players.

Steam charts show steam players. Single player, unofficial, and official total actually playing the game.

Well!

9 Extinction Legacy Eu-PvE Server
9 Valguero Legacy Eu-PvE Server
4 Genesis Legacy Eu-PvE Server

Here as I said, initially all servers were full (75 x 4 = 300) more the people who were on hold.
Now there are about 25 per server.

? Crystal Isle Legacy Eu-PvE Server

I hope of course the best that everything will be fine again. But you can't see behind the scenes what's going on or not!

Archived