Community Crunch 225: Crystal Isles, Anniversary Event, Epic Games Store, and more!

StudioWildcard

Hey guys, can someone help me out with a little problem i have?

I just want to play with my friend on a non-dedicated server, but is always says timed out when I or he tries to join. I tried a lot of stuff but it didn't work. So I talk with the epic games support and they said that there would be a problem with the Ark servers and I would need to talk with the ark support. Some YouTubers said that a patch is necessary.

-Fishy

Hi, My friends recently got Ark from the epic games store. I have been playing ark since early beta, and I have always played from the Microsoft store on pc, or xbox. However, We are unable to join each other. We are both on win 10. Can players who got ark for free from the epic games store not play with people who payed for the game?

Epic's free version is also weird. It has different server search filters. Instead of "official dedicated arks" its "official servers". and so on for the other server types. Idk if this has anything to do with it or not. But I would like to teach them how to play ark, but we cant play together...

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, cardboardking1 said:

Hi, My friends recently got Ark from the epic games store. I have been playing ark since early beta, and I have always played from the Microsoft store on pc, or xbox. However, We are unable to join each other. We are both on win 10. Can players who got ark for free from the epic games store not play with people who payed for the game?

Epic's free version is also weird. It has different server search filters. Instead of "official dedicated arks" its "official servers". and so on for the other server types. Idk if this has anything to do with it or not. But I would like to teach them how to play ark, but we cant play together...

Epic can only play with PC Steam players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I emailed support and was given a link to this article rather than an answer to my Question.  I play on Epic and my partner, who lives in the same house running on the same network, plays on Steam.  Do clear, thorough instructions for setting up a Co-op cross platform game exist anywhere?  I get the impression one of us has to create a server, How? And then there are launch commands for the server to set modes, what modes do I need?  Why can't it be simple like Borderlands 3 and just choose LAN game.