Community Crunch 225: Crystal Isles, Anniversary Event, Epic Games Store, and more!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, GP said:

It's 3x.

Given the current circumstance of not being able to travel between the servers and return to the tribe due to the transfer problem. It can be up to 10x, it doesn't really matter. This fifth anniversary is having a bitter cake. Unfortunately, I and many friends were surprised by this setback, with sadness we see new people arriving and having a bad experience. And here we won't even go into the merit of having the new DLC. What I can say is that I only spend money on ARK when I see the new product on the legacy server.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Freiya said:

Happy Birthday Ark. However some of the other official servers nobody can connect to atm. Like Official-PVE-Valguero713 for one. Getting unknown.png then this. Even after making sure the new updates were installed and verified files many times. Restarted steam and my pc. Disappointing! :(unknown.png

im worried too for my account there, that was my first base in official

So.... Just logged in to single player. And my character is gone. The map has no textures, just gray grid work. No trees, no rocks, no spawns, no water. Nothing. So reload a save from last week. Still gray grids with no content to maps. All the maps. So validate files and try again. Still gray grids. Uninstall and reinstall, nope still empty maps and gray grids. Whatever you did wild card you may have killed your game. I have been playing since early access, 5 and half years. This is the worst glitch I have experienced. Hope a fix comes soon. .......

Ok update. So uninstalled again, uninstalled all dlc and reinstalled. It works now , BUT my level 155 character gone and all my emotes. So I guess I am a lowly level 1 again. Oh well off to re do all the maps, bosses and build up dino lines again. I should be mad but they beginning grind is exciting. 

Edited by Greatchawhee

Jeez, I have often thought to myself "why aren't Ark dev's more active on the forum?" or "why can't they do this or that to improve the game?" Etc. But then I read the comments on the thread here and it makes perfect sense. If I was a dev, and this was how my player base expressed themselves upon every release or event I made, I would not be active or attentative here either. So much entitlement and unappreciative behavior from this community it's incredibly sad to see. There's even a petition on change dot org to make it 5x... I can't even lol. 

Happy Birthday Ark, thanks Wildcard and all involved with making the game. I'm sorry that this is what your forum community is, I hope your other communities on other social media aren't as badly behaved. And thanks to GP for having to wade through all this nonsense and give information to the people with the real questions. 

We need to be better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearmain said:

Jeez, I have often thought to myself "why aren't Ark dev's more active on the forum?" or "why can't they do this or that to improve the game?" Etc. But then I read the comments on the thread here and it makes perfect sense. If I was a dev, and this was how my player base expressed themselves upon every release or event I made, I would not be active or attentative here either. So much entitlement and unappreciative behavior from this community it's incredibly sad to see. There's even a petition on change dot org to make it 5x... I can't even lol. 

Happy Birthday Ark, thanks Wildcard and all involved with making the game. I'm sorry that this is what your forum community is, I hope your other communities on other social media aren't as badly behaved. And thanks to GP for having to wade through all this nonsense and give information to the people with the real questions. 

We need to be better. 

Yeah. Some (not all) people complain about both what isn't working and what was given to them, like events. And most don't even read the announcement post, since 90% of what's asked was already written out in the announcement.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah. Some (not all) people complain about both what isn't working and what was given to them, like events. And most don't even read the announcement post, since 90% of what's asked was already written out in the announcement.

I do read it but I normally misunderstand or miss a line between two photos or something. Thank you Devs for all you do and for giving us a great game! 

6 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Any company knows that, above the owners, there are consumers who PAY for everything, whether in the form of a dlc, renting a dedicated server. Yes, I mean you, me, your friend and other consumers, this game is not free. A good professional, he is able to receive praise and criticism. I like those who praise and love ?those who criticize me because he took the trouble to make me better, to know where I am weak and of course he wants to see me overcome this weakness. A good employee does not hide, is not afraid to debate and is able to listen and find new ways. Now, what is not acceptable is unprofessional behavior, questionable attitudes, such as blocking the transfer service.?

If there is still any doubt, explain to me the "coincidence" of the legacy always paying the bill and staying for later or the server with a good performance and, when it gets bad, I will see a reason and found this pearl online, but as couldn't it have been eradicated? Are they doing tests? Mistake? and do not invite us, I think to do a test, you must notify and invite everyone.

14_06_2020_17_38_05.jpg

14_06_2020_17_36_39.jpg

14_06_2020_17_36_20.jpg

2 hours ago, IceBabe said:

So another day is gone and no word about LEGACY servers.

Can you pls fix the server transfers there? Auto decay timers are running....

and what about crystal isles for legacy?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? @Cedric

@GP

LEGACY CRYSTAL NOW OPENED.. ONE EU AND ONE NA.. FOR NOW.. WILDCARD YOU HAVE OPENED LEGACY FOR NEW PLAYERS EPIC GAMES, NOW LEGACY ARE LOTS POPULATED.. OPEN MORE MAPS CRYSTAL!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Giammy1988 said:

LEGACY CRYSTAL NOW OPENED.. ONE EU AND ONE NA.. FOR NOW.. WILDCARD YOU HAVE OPENED LEGACY FOR NEW PLAYERS EPIC GAMES, NOW LEGACY ARE LOTS POPULATED.. OPEN MORE MAPS CRYSTAL!!!!!

So pc legacy got crystal isles? 2 servers? Better something then nothing i guess lol. Im on ps4 legacy, kept a eye on forums what was going on

9 hours ago, Giammy1988 said:

Yeah, many thanks WC. Two servers are better than nothing.

BUT STILL CAN'T TRAVEL. Please we need help. Fix the  server transfers on Legacy.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, BolaAndTorch said:

Will Official PVP smalltribes wipe? My mates wanna build up on it but I recently heard it might be wiping so I don’t really wanna build up on a server that’ll wipe in 4-6 months 

No-one has said anything about servers being wiped. Your mates should not spread hearsay before confirming it themselves.

Normally I'm very understanding about Ark and the Dev issues...but really, a 3 month plus delay (if there is no more delay..which is unlikely from all the evidence) to get a console release, is just another slap in the face for console owners. On PC it has been available and playable as a mod for ages anyways, so why not prioritise  console to make sure the general release coincides? You know...for your audience that has the least amount of content to enjoy lacking the joys of modding. Honestly I'll have to uninstall Ark to make room for other summer games and it's unlikely I'll be bothered or remember  to re-install in 3-4 months time. When the next paid DLC drop, I might (or maybe I'll have moved on too much to bother). What a shame this Dev mentality never changes. I was similarly looking forward to Atlas releasing on console....but really, every time I see the attitude of the Devs towards their console customers, treating them as second rate all the time, I'm just not doing it again.

Edited by KingOfAshes